Nike Flyknit Free Run June/July 2013

Does anyone know how those above ^ feel compared to the $50 ones at the outlets?

I have tried both. The ones being sold in the outlet were just too tight for me, sizing 1 full
size up did not help, it just ended up too long and still tight. The free 3.0 flyknit has softer feel and better fit, also higher quality materials both upper and outsole. The heel to toe offset is also lower, thus good running technique/mechanics/efficiency is preferred or at least be aware of its need/use and ease into faster/steeper/longer runs in a controlled manner. IMO only.

nike doing a firesale on those Nike Free Run Flyknit 5.0

Guess those bombed and they seem to have made TONS of em that were RVD because they seem to be at EVERY OUTLET.

even during FnF with 30% off $49 I didn't cop.

Now they lowered in some outlets I see to $39?

I'll cop when its at $20 or <
The older free's right?

For those looking for the Free Flyknit + at outlet prices:

Santa Fe Factory

1 (505) 424-3731

$39.97

(615805-410) Blue

(615805-713) Volt

(615805-818) Multi

(615805-070) Grey

I called about an hour ago and they had all 4 of those colorways and one more available in my size (9.5). $47 shipped...I'll happily train in the Blues a bit this summer
pimp.gif

I called for the multis, asked the price and then if they were 30% off. Rep said they dont do the additional 30 over the phone, but I politely said other locations do, will a manager? He came right back and said they would. Didnt have my size in either of the ones I wanted but for those looking, you cant beat $28.

Is the general consensus sizing up .5 or 1 on the Free Flyknits that are at outlets now? I wanna get my parents a pair each for work.

Is the general consensus sizing up .5 or 1 on the Free Flyknits that are at outlets now? I wanna get my parents a pair each for work.
I stayed TTS and length wise it fit perfect. Only thing people had issues with was the really tight ankle collar. Which can be a little painful but someone here shoved a girthy candle in the shoe for a week and it stretched it out. Did the same for mine and it's great now.

I agree I got mine TTS and they feel great, unless your parents sit down most of the day for work, then I'd go up .5

I'm guessing the new frees will eventually hit outlets as well, what do you all think?

I got them TTS and they loved the shoes. Thanks for the help!

And that would be sweet if they hit outlets this cheap or even in the $60 range. I would go ham on every color. The 4.0 are soooooo comfy.

All of the 2013 5.0's are priced at $34.99 at the two clearance stores I've been to in the past week.

All of the 2013 5.0's are priced at $34.99 at the two clearance stores I've been to in the past week.
got 2 pairs red and grey at the local outlet $49 with 30% off then called up Ohio outlet and got the multi and blue for the Sam price live in SC hot long summers these will get used anyone use socks with them do they have thin dri fit?

Yeah I was surprised when I was at San leandro and it rang up 34.99 and additional 30 came out to be 25. Wanted to buy more but only pair I found and in my size.

Has anyone actually tried running in these? Why did they fail? Is it poorly made?
Recently picked a pair up at the outlets along with 2 pairs of flyknit lunars. I've run in the flyknit free's three times. Twice on  6 mile runs and the other was a 5K race (came in 2nd at 20:50). I thought they performed great.....once you get past the fairly tight ankle collar. I've been running in Saucony, Brooks, and Mizuno shoes, but after running a half marathon in the flyknit lunars (finished in 1 hr. 47 mins.) I've been stocking up on them and decided to try the free's since they were a good price.

Copped today. I have to say the fit on these are a little better than the FK Free 4.0. The ride is a little bouncy. I think I'm more of a stability runner so I think these frees just aren't for me performance wise. I'll rock them casually or for quicker runs.

Recently picked a pair up at the outlets along with 2 pairs of flyknit lunars. I've run in the flyknit free's three times. Twice on  6 mile runs and the other was a 5K race (came in 2nd at 20:50). I thought they performed great.....once you get past the fairly tight ankle collar. I've been running in Saucony, Brooks, and Mizuno shoes, but after running a half marathon in the flyknit lunars (finished in 1 hr. 47 mins.) I've been stocking up on them and decided to try the free's since they were a good price.

Agreed. Once you get over the ankle collar, they're quite pleasant. That's why i always wear crew socks when I run in them. I have ~86mi on my Teal/Blue cw in 9 runs. Since they're already pretty fitting, I run in them laceless. I feel that they're actually more comfortable... As of late, they've become my beach/water shoes hahah

Last edited:
Agreed. Once you get over the ankle collar, they're quite pleasant. That's why i always wear crew socks when I run in them. I have ~86mi on my Teal/Blue cw in 9 runs. Since they're already pretty fitting, I run in them laceless. I feel that they're actually more comfortable... As of late, they've become my beach/water shoes hahah

Thank you so much for the information provided guys!! Really, really appreciated. I have a pair of flyknits but I was curious what others thought about them and why they were discounted at least some models. Thank you very much.

Back
Top Bottom