Nike Flyknit Lunar3 ( 698181) March 1st 2015

This. Nike isn't popular for serious runners who consider running gait and such. For distance runners, if you overpronate or underpronate and you don't have the proper shoes to correct that, you will succumb to injuries. Nike doesn't do a good job of correcting gait issues as most of their running shoes are neutral. For the common/casual runner, Nike's suffice but if you're serious a runner, other brands such as Asics and Brooks are superior. 
Lunarglides are great for stability, that's all I ever run in. 

Last edited:
Nike rep told me my order wouldnt ship until thursday ....
mad.gif

Lunarglides are great for stability, that's all I ever run in. 
They're not.  If you have a real need to stability, Nike will just give you injuries. 

I'm not doubting your love of the LG series (I love them, too), but they are not that great as a stability shoe for people with overpronation.  The Lunar Eclipse is the closest they get in terms of real stability, but it still falls short.

Again, I'm jealous of anyone who can run regularly in Nike.

all of my friends that run seriously and do marathons don't wear Nikes

it's mainly Sauconys and Asics 

A lot of casual runners automatically assume Nike's are the best running shoes, when in fact they're not. They make the best shoes aesthetically by far though.

I'll agree to this. Other than affordability, this is another reason why I run in Nike. They look aesthetically pleasing to me..

If I could acquire Brooks or some Ultra Boosts for the prices I pay for Nikes, I'd certainly give these other brands a try.

-edit-
On a side note, I'm glad that this thread is discussing performance rather than people's entire NDC purchase experience regarding adding to their carts, shipping, etc... :smile:

Last edited:
I do no running whatsoever. I might run to the elevator if I'm a little late or need to go to the bathroom.

I stay driving.

I guess I've 

They're not.  If you have a real need to stability, Nike will just give you injuries. 

I'm not doubting your love of the LG series (I love them, too), but they are not that great as a stability shoe for people with overpronation.  The Lunar Eclipse is the closest they get in terms of real stability, but it still falls short.

Again, I'm jealous of anyone who can run regularly in Nike.
Slight overpronation here and I run 20-25 miles a week, been running lunar glides since the 3's. No issues from me, the shoe performance wise has come a long way since then. 
I'll agree to this. Other than affordability, this is another reason why I run in Nike. They look aesthetically pleasing to me..

If I could acquire Brooks or some Ultra Boosts for the prices I pay for Nikes, I'd certainly give these other brands a try.

-edit-
On a side note, I'm glad that this thread is discussing performance rather than people's entire NDC purchase experience regarding adding to their carts, shipping, etc...
smile.gif
No doubt, I get a discount so it's a no brainer to stick just to Nike running gear. And I'd feel weird wearing/owning other branded athletic gear lol. 

Last edited:
I use Pegasus and I like them a lot. My knees do start to get sore a mile or two into my outdoor runs, treadmill im find.

If I like the Pegs, what Asic shoe would you guys recommend?

Nike running shoes are used for the casual walk .. maybe a light jog :lol:

If im running its on the court in hoop shoes or on the diamond in some cleats

Flyknit lunar is ultimate comfort for walk though. Always take a pair to vegas with me

Last edited:
I guess I've 

Slight overpronation here and I run 20-25 miles a week, been running lunar glides since the 3's. No issues from me, the shoe performance wise has come a long way since then. 

No doubt, I get a discount so it's a no brainer to stick just to Nike running gear. And I'd feel weird wearing/owning other branded athletic gear lol. 

I under-pronate and try to log 100mi per month... Though Nikes make up my whole running rotation, I wouldn't mind running in another brand's shoes. Heck, I do an eBay search for the Energy Boost 2.0s and Ultra Boosts everyday in hopes of finding a deal haha! When it comes to shirts, singlets, jackets, shorts or tights, I can only do Nike hahhaa

Last edited:
Women's pre-order Sz 10.5 got cancelled and nike gave me a 20% off smh.

Any one else's get canned?

Just checked the status of preorders. Some say Next Day Air and some say Two Day Air. Shipping to the same adress. Interesting....

welp... i don't know if you guys visited the Nike News website, but they posted and re-unveiled(?) the Flyknit Lunar 3 and mentioned this:

The Nike Flyknit Lunar 3 is available beginning Feb. 15 in a nike.com exclusive colorway. It will then be offerend in 12 colors for men and women beginning March 5.

now... I don't know what that "nike.com exclusive colorway" is, because i thought that was the shoe we preordered, but when you try to click the Flyknit Lunar 3 in the release info page, it's taken down. It could be just them correcting the page before putting it back up, but who knows.

here's the direct link: http://news.nike.com/news/impossibl...-soft-and-responsive-the-nike-flyknit-lunar-3

Last edited:
Kinda wouldn't be mad if nike cancel one of my pairs for a code.. *shrug* then again this a nike exclusive. It would make it all worth it if you scored on Thursday

welp... i don't know if you guys visited the Nike News website, but they posted and re-unveiled(?) the Flyknit Lunar 3 and mentioned this:
now... I don't know what that "nike.com exclusive colorway" is, because i thought that was the shoe we preordered, but when you try to click the Flyknit Lunar 3 in the release info page, it's taken down. It could be just them correcting the page before putting it back up, but who knows.

here's the direct link: http://news.nike.com/news/impossibl...-soft-and-responsive-the-nike-flyknit-lunar-3
Weren't the MCs supposed to launch the 12th? Unless the MCs are launching the 12th followed by another NDC exclusive on the 15th

Last edited:

Idk if it's a mistake with the 12th but it's saying that those two exclusive colorways will release, then March will be the other colorways available everywhere

Back
Top Bottom