NIKE+ FUELBAND --- Nike's Big Announcement (1/19/12)

so i received my ice fuelband on friday, when i tried to change in the 16mm link, it doesn't seem to hold, and wont snap in. the 8mm link works just fine, I'd really just like the extra space. Is there something I could be doing wrong or should I return it for a different one?

so i received my ice fuelband on friday, when i tried to change in the 16mm link, it doesn't seem to hold, and wont snap in. the 8mm link works just fine, I'd really just like the extra space. Is there something I could be doing wrong or should I return it for a different one?

i had the same problem with my original Fuelband. i called them for support, they told me to take a screwdriver and turn the screw 1/8th turn counter clockwise.

make sure you do this with the link out and you'll see the screw i'm talking about.

once i did that, the little piece that grabs the link kinda popped back up, and it's working perfectly now.

i got the Ice band on Thursday, and i have to say i like it better than the original, although it is really bright.

@wada7 contact customer support for nike, the fuelband has a 1 year warranty so I'm guessing they'll replace it if you want a new one with all the LEDs functioning.

I am so one the fence about getting one. I don't really like watches so I have never bought one. So this seems like the perfect go between. $150 for a watch is pretty normal. And this does so much more. I am already an active person so I think this would be a fun toy.

But all of these issues.....maybe I will wait to see if Nike launches another color that will fix the bugs everyone has been having.

I'm on my 3rd fuelband... first one purchased near launch day stopped charging and being recognized by any computer (USB issue) and was replaced within a month.  Second one flew off my wrist minimum of 2 times every day I balled from people hitting it and also would pop open (come unlatched) frequently when I'd bend my wrist.  Eventually it got to the point where it flew 20 feet on the driving range 3 times and I finally called nike support and they've sent out my third.  They had me play around with tightening the screws and had me take it apart.  There is a small spring and if the pressure isn't right the sizer pieces won't stay on well and the main latch pops open with pressure.  I tried switching from my right (dominate) hand to my left hand but that didn't help.  For $150 it's a cool led watch but like most people I hope they get the manufacturing more sorted out and work on increasing it's measuring accuracy.

I don't think they are releasing anymore according to their Twitter. Was a limited run. I got my ICE yesterday, love it. Extremely bright though.

I'm on my 3rd fuelband... first one purchased near launch day stopped charging and being recognized by any computer (USB issue) and was replaced within a month.  Second one flew off my wrist minimum of 2 times every day I balled from people hitting it and also would pop open (come unlatched) frequently when I'd bend my wrist.  Eventually it got to the point where it flew 20 feet on the driving range 3 times and I finally called nike support and they've sent out my third.  They had me play around with tightening the screws and had me take it apart.  There is a small spring and if the pressure isn't right the sizer pieces won't stay on well and the main latch pops open with pressure.  I tried switching from my right (dominate) hand to my left hand but that didn't help.  For $150 it's a cool led watch but like most people I hope they get the manufacturing more sorted out and work on increasing it's measuring accuracy.

Yea I had a problem with my band charging

Kept getting this message

Called in and got my band replaced.

Also any word on the Android Fuel Band app. I know they said summer but haven't heard anything about it since.

Last edited:
damn I hope there's a restock I didn't pull a chance on the ice fueldband when I saw it on NDC. Hopefully NTSF or NT Stanford have some. :smh:

when im on the Exercise Bike fuelband picks up nothing but when im on the treadmill it picks up....figured that all lower body movement when on the bike

^^^
Your hands arent moving when your on a bike.
Most bikers snap the FB on their shoe to get the fuel.

i returned mine a few weeks ago (due to how easily it scratched, had huge gouges in it after 3 days) but kind of miss it, the motivation factor with it was awesome as well as using it as a watch. at NTLV the guy said they're releasing a chrome and white one around october-november i believe, i may cop another if the white drops soon.

Is there a warranty on this? I love mine, had it for a few months, but the clip is starting to come undone sometimes now...

^^^
Your hands arent moving when your on a bike.
Most bikers snap the FB on their shoe to get the fuel.

when im on the Exercise Bike fuelband picks up nothing but when im on the treadmill it picks up....figured that all lower body movement when on the bike

I've found that even having it in my pats/shorts pocket works for picking up the fuel

1 year manufacturers warranty for defects like faulty clasp... Nike support has been good in my experience with me

No discount on swoosh..if they were I definitely would have bought one already. Does anyone know if I can use my employee discount on one of these at NTNY?

Quick question:

How long does most of yours last on a charge? Also, yall are leaving the bluetooth on to sync? I see no way to really turn it off unless you activate airplane mode.

Also, what are most of ya'lls daily goals? As of now mine's at 3000.

Quick question:
How long does most of yours last on a charge? Also, yall are leaving the bluetooth on to sync? I see no way to really turn it off unless you activate airplane mode.
Also, what are most of ya'lls daily goals? As of now mine's at 3000.

I get about 4 days off a single charge which is the average I believe. Not sure about the bluetooth sync since I've never noticed. As for my daily goal I set it at 4500 a day. I usually hit it 5-6 times a week except for sundays since its my off day and I just stay home all day. But I won't even check my fuelband on Sundays cause I hate not reaching my goal...

Had to exchange my FuelBand for a new one because two rows of the LED lights went out. The guy helping me had on the Ice, had no idea it was so bright. :wow:

Back
Top Bottom