NIKE+ FUELBAND --- Nike's Big Announcement (1/19/12)

The new one has some sort of activity session marker so you can mark when you begin and end an activity such as weight lifting - you could self adjust for lower than expected fuel points on particular activities. But yes when I lift weights without a preworkout walk or post workout jog irregardless of lifting intensity there is little fuel point recognition. Something like shooting around a basketball for 20 minutes gives you more fuel points than tradition lifting for an hour due the rest periods and no compensation for amount of extra weight during your activity. Think of fuel points as a rough movement monitor rather than total calorie output counter.

The new one has some sort of activity session marker so you can mark when you begin and end an activity such as weight lifting - you could self adjust for lower than expected fuel points on particular activities. But yes when I lift weights without a preworkout walk or post workout jog irregardless of lifting intensity there is little fuel point recognition. Something like shooting around a basketball for 20 minutes gives you more fuel points than tradition lifting for an hour due the rest periods and no compensation for amount of extra weight during your activity. Think of fuel points as a rough movement monitor rather than total calorie output counter.
Thanks so still no need to purchase one, thanks for the info, repped.

the session marker is a decent idea, not something that's gonna make drop another $150. I could do simple math :lol:

So the button just got stuck on my White Ice Fuelband

I purchased it late in October of last year so I'm still within the 1 year warranty by several days barely....

For those that have gone through replacements by shipping it back to Nike, do they give you a prepaid shipping label or do you need to send it back at your own cost? Do I need to send back everything it came with? Will I get a brand new in box replacement or some refurbished band?

So the button just got stuck on my White Ice Fuelband

I purchased it late in October of last year so I'm still within the 1 year warranty by several days barely....

For those that have gone through replacements by shipping it back to Nike, do they give you a prepaid shipping label or do you need to send it back at your own cost? Do I need to send back everything it came with? Will I get a brand new in box replacement or some refurbished band?

There are 2 options they should give give you. 1 is they will send you a shipping label and you can send it back. Once they receive it they'll send you a replacement.

The second option is that they will offer you is that you can give them your card info, they will send you a replacement and a shipping label for the broken one. They hold the funds until they receive your broken one.

If you have access to a niketown i would just take it there. They usually just give you a new one with no hassle. I've gone through 3 if them and never had an issue with getting a new one.

Also they will give you a brand new unopened fuelband

Last edited:
There are 2 options they should give give you. 1 is they will send you a shipping label and you can send it back. Once they receive it they'll send you a replacement.

The second option is that they will offer you is that you can give them your card info, they will send you a replacement and a shipping label for the broken one. They hold the funds until they receive your broken one.

If you have access to a niketown i would just take it there. They usually just give you a new one with no hassle. I've gone through 3 if them and never had an issue with getting a new one.

Also they will give you a brand new unopened fuelband
Thanks for the info. Repped

Oh do I get the option to choose other colors? I don't want white anymore due to the yellowing. What are the chances of getting the new Fuelband SE 2.0? lol

Last edited:
Thanks for the info. Repped

Oh do I get the option to choose other colors? I don't want white anymore due to the yellowing. What are the chances of getting the new Fuelband SE 2.0? lol

You can pick any color and size from my experience. I changed my color but I regret on getting a medium, the small fitted me perfect at the largest configuration. And maybe if you wait a while (unless your warranty about to expire) you can get the SEs if they run out of old ones. Anyone know if I can take my medium back for a small? Lol

So what do you guys think is going to happen to old fuelbands that need to be replaced and are under warranty? I bought mine in March and the past couple of days it's been turning off when the battery is full within the same day until I charge it again..

I would LOVE to just go to niketown and get an SE for giving this one.

Also on topic, I personally love this band a lot. I work at a bar/concert venue that's really dimmed and constantly need to be checking the time for multiple reasons and this thing is perfect. I guess I like it more as a watch than a fitness band lol. But No other watch it going to light up and look as nice as this. Definitely not getting a light up gshock. I think regardless, I'm going to just order the SE and just give away my replacement away to someone on Christmas or something.

I can see why this wouldn't be worth it to people, but for me and my job, it's the best.

Last edited:
So what do you guys think is going to happen to old fuelbands that need to be replaced and are under warranty? I bought mine in March and the past couple of days it's been turning off when the battery is full within the same day until I charge it again..

I would LOVE to just go to niketown and get an SE for giving this one.

Also on topic, I personally love this band a lot. I work at a bar/concert venue that's really dimmed and constantly need to be checking the time for multiple reasons and this thing is perfect. I guess I like it more as a watch than a fitness band lol. But No other watch it going to light up and look as nice as this. Definitely not getting a light up gshock. I think regardless, I'm going to just order the SE and just give away my replacement away to someone on Christmas or something.

I can see why this wouldn't be worth it to people, but for me and my job, it's the best.
Prob what was said before .. they keep the old until inventory runs out or use for replacements .. once theyre gone theyre gone and upgrades will need to be made

I'm new to the fuel band and this thread, I really want one but the colors on the new Fuelband SE is not too appealing. I really like the black ice of the 1st Fuelbands. When they first released the Fuelbands were the 3 color options release all at the same time? Only reason I'm asking is because I'm wondering if they will release a set of other colors for these Fuelband SEs. Thanks in advance!

thanks for responding..

Does anyone think that there will be more colors that Nike will release with the Fuelband SE?

thanks for responding..

Does anyone think that there will be more colors that Nike will release with the Fuelband SE?
Not until several months later.

I finally went to a Nike outlet and exchanged my broken White Ice for a Black Ice without any issues. Now I don't have to worry about anymore yellowing issues

**** my fuel band is dead. it won't even start... i would plug it in on my macbook it won't even read it... what the hell do i do now?

^^ You will not be able to exchange it for the new one.

I'm pretty sure you'll be good with the box since it has the serial number on it.. Best to call customer service so they can set you up and then just go to the store to exchange with the info already in the system.

Pretty soon you will not be able to exchange in stores fellas so best to do that ASAP if you need to. Will be a mail only system soon.

I guess I should elaborate more...

You cannot exchange Version 1 for the SE because version 1 isn't going to be discontinued.

SE will be sold at Niketowns for $150

Version 1 will be sold at Outlets for $129

and certain stores will carry a re-certified version for $100

Warranties will also be changing as well. You will no longer get a new year every time you exchange like previously.

Last edited:
SOme of you should just send in tour old fuelbands for a voucher then use the voucher to buy the new fuelband

^^ You will not be able to exchange it for the new one.

I'm pretty sure you'll be good with the box since it has the serial number on it.. Best to call customer service so they can set you up and then just go to the store to exchange with the info already in the system.

Pretty soon you will not be able to exchange in stores fellas so best to do that ASAP if you need to. Will be a mail only system soon.

I guess I should elaborate more...

You cannot exchange Version 1 for the SE because version 1 isn't going to be discontinued.

SE will be sold at Niketowns for $150

Version 1 will be sold at Outlets for $129

and certain stores will carry a re-certified version for $100

Warranties will also be changing as well. You will no longer get a new year every time you exchange like previously.
If the warranty policy change is true, I really hope they fixed the fuelband so that the screws don't rust and the fuelband doesn't crash.  Like many of you, I've gone through more than my share of fuelbands (5 in 2 years).  Thankfully, I've only had to pay for one.

Last edited:
My SE will arrive tomorrow

EDIT:

SE came .... where do I get the Nike+ chip for your shoe? Or do you just have to get a shoe that already comes with it?

I have about 6 or 7 pairs that are + enabled already

Last edited:
My SE will arrive tomorrow

EDIT:

SE came .... where do I get the Nike+ chip for your shoe? Or do you just have to get a shoe that already comes with it?

I have about 6 or 7 pairs that are + enabled already
No chip required; it tracks fuel based on how much your arm moves

No chip required; it tracks fuel based on how much your arm moves
Thats what i was thinking but wasnt sure Thanks.

Is it more accurate with the chip when u run or play basketball?

Last edited:
If you're looking for accuracy the fuel band isn't for you. I get more fuel points from a night of drinking than I do for 2 hours of pickup basketball. Think of the fuelband more as a be active reminder and set an achievable minimal goal and try to keep the streak of reaching your goal as long as you can even if that means jumping jacks at 11:30 at night (points reset at midnight).

Back
Top Bottom