NIKE+ FUELBAND --- Nike's Big Announcement (1/19/12)

If you're looking for accuracy the fuel band isn't for you. I get more fuel points from a night of drinking than I do for 2 hours of pickup basketball. Think of the fuelband more as a be active reminder and set an achievable minimal goal and try to keep the streak of reaching your goal as long as you can even if that means jumping jacks at 11:30 at night (points reset at midnight).
Yeah yeah i know its an active thing i was just meaning really if they worked hand n hand and if that made your movements/activity level more accurate.

Preciate the info though. Im trying to find some basletball shoes that are +enabled thlugh so i was wondering

Anyway so far so good i cant get the damn thing to pair with my ipod because the second i click off the settings scree on my ipod the bluetooth symbol disappears and doesnt scan for devices ...

Guess im forkin out some dough for a new ipod or asking for xmas :smile: ... this ipod has run its course served me for a good 4 years plenty of drops no cracked screen though

The fuelband only works with certain model iPhones and iPods. Check the compatibility list on Nike's website. They've also all but said that an android app won't be coming. When I first got the fuelband I always had to sync it through my computer USB which was a pain but after having it so long now I rarely sync it with my iphone I guess because the novelty has worn off. I do typically check my band for the time and fuel points throughout the day so it does do something for me still.

Last edited:
Ah ok. I have a touch 4th gen which was in the list i thought but i think its just my ipod, it doesnt pick up any bluetooth signals. No biggie i can just use the comp like u said

I recently just updated my fuelband's software to the newest version, and upon doing so my battery on the band will not even last a full day. Does anybody know what I can do? I'm pretty sure my 1 year warranty is over. I tried a factory reset and it didn't really help. Thanks guys.

Saw them in store today and the color makes them look somewhat toy like. Didn't play with them so I have no idea if the band is more secure, if they're more water proof or any of the sessions features actually work.

How is the SE any reviews?

I got a SE to replace my dead Fuelband and after using it for a full day I can say they really tweaked the way it measures fuel for your daily activities and can say the new one reads about a 3rd less then what I use to get fuel points wise.

I always liked the fit and feel and none of that has changed.

And it's really nice that you don't have to sync it with your iPhone anymore it's just refreshing the app on the phone.

All and all I got so use to my old one that I wanted a new one to replace it but there really is no upgrade to the old one

Yeah I upgraded my original fuelband and it now has the double press for time and the fuel calculation seems like it has changed too. Don't see a reason to upgrade.

Just software upgraded mines too, the main thing I wanted for the new fuelband was the double press and now I have that feature. I'll be happy with mines for another year lol.

Nike+ FuelBand METALUXE SE “Rose Gold”

After dropping the newly released Fuelband SE (“Second Edition”) Nike is taking on a new market with their “Metaluxe” SE featuring rose gold on the clasps. This is definitely a good look for Nike considering the other new colorways were bright colors and weren’t exactly tailored to someone looking for a fashion piece unless they settled with all black. This Fuelband is set to drop on November 21st for $169 USD via NDC 

via MN

Last edited:
I've been thinking about returning my black ice for an SE, and now I definitely will be doing so for the Rose Gold.

Last edited:
Since in general you rarely see the bottom I'm going to keep sticking with my original. Price hike doesn't seem worth it for Rose gold unless you really love Rose gold or it's a new rather than replacement purchase.

Welp, just bought my rose gold. My Black ice failed on me, so I just returned it, got a gift card and just copped the rose gold.

My Olympic edition ICE is still shining bright as ever. Pass on Rose Gold. Only way they will get me to spend money on a new one is if they make it just as bright as the original ice.

How... do you just return your first Fuelband and get a gift card to fund for the SE version? Just take your original Fuelband back to Niketown and say it's broken and they'll give you a gift card regardless if you've been wearing it for a whole year?

How... do you just return your first Fuelband and get a gift card to fund for the SE version? Just take your original Fuelband back to Niketown and say it's broken and they'll give you a gift card regardless if you've been wearing it for a whole year?
If something is really wrong with it file a voucher

My Olympic edition ICE is still shining bright as ever. Pass on Rose Gold. Only way they will get me to spend money on a new one is if they make it just as bright as the original ice.

This one is the best. I had two of them and my second one died about a month ago. Now I'm on black ice and not as happy with it.

Well, I purchased the Rose Gold one as well. I have the OG Steel. The button is getting harder to press and it's rusting on the inside. I literally wear mine 24/7 so I don't mind the purchase.

Back
Top Bottom