NIKE+ FUELBAND --- Nike's Big Announcement (1/19/12)

Two weeks? What's your fuel avg a day?!

Days I play bball I average 5-6 K, days I don't I usually just hit my goal of 3 K. I'm not sure what is meant by leaving Bluetooth on. From how I understand the fuelband it only connects when you sync it to your phone then disconnects in a relatively short amount of time. But I probably only connect to sync data every few days. Still on charge 1 of my new white ice fuelband.

^ The white ice I bought on release turned dark yellow 

Should've took pics, but NT let me exchange it 

Last edited:
My OG black fuel band started acting up so I went to Niketown and I asked for the replacement to be the black ice version and she did it no hassle :pimp:

Nice! Next time mine breaks I'm going to do the same thing

My white ice hasn't yellowed and i've had it since launch.

I love how much brighter the LEDs are than the black. I have to switch between them every few days so one doesn't feel left out. :lol:

I've been thinking about getting one of these for a while. for several reasons... look, functionality, motivation, etc. may finally pull the trigger

When do we think a version 2.0 will come out?

I've wanted one for a while but first gen electronics are never really good to buy. Especially after reading this thread

When do we think a version 2.0 will come out?

I've wanted one for a while but first gen electronics are never really good to buy. Especially after reading this thread

Been wondering this too. Want to get one, but I feel like every time I buy a new electronic the new version comes out right after. Hoping if I wait a 2nd version of the Fuelband comes out soon

Are these worth $150? Or it it a glorified Watch?

It depends on what you expect out of it. I like having a daily goal to make me feel accomplished to know I've moved enough and don't feel lazy. It helps on my days off to keep going and keep streaks alive. Some people can find motivation without something like that, but I enjoy the FB experience.

Besides the fact that I like how it works, it's seriously a great watch. I was a big watch head until I got my fuel band. Now I don't wear watches anymore. At all. Ever.

It depends on what you expect out of it. I like having a daily goal to make me feel accomplished to know I've moved enough and don't feel lazy. It helps on my days off to keep going and keep streaks alive. Some people can find motivation without something like that, but I enjoy the FB experience.

Besides the fact that I like how it works, it's seriously a great watch. I was a big watch head until I got my fuel band. Now I don't wear watches anymore. At all. Ever.

I collect watches as well, and they never look right with my athletic shoes...idk in my mind I guess. I think you just sold me on one tho, they look awesome.

The next fuelband should definitely be waterproof and have some type heart/pulse monitor on it. Would also like to see them do more things with the app as well.

Nike announced 10 companies they're giving $20,000 to work with the fuel band data. Hopefully this means Nike is going to keep with it and have some sort of hardware improvement.

Myself, wife, and son have all been through two each. Finally, we decided to give up on them. Very nice technology, but it needs to have the kinks worked out.

Last edited:
Yeah showed off my new white ice to a buddy that works Nike retail and he pulled his sleeve to reveal his broke too and he got swapped from the original black to a white ice as well. 4th for me 2nd for him.

do you have to charge these or do they use a battery?

You charge it via USB mine lasts more than 2 weeks so I charge it 2 times a month at night. They updated the app to show the battery level which is a huge improvement.

Got my FuelBand today. Went with the solid black colour as I like how all the electronics and LEDs are hidden. This should be a fun motivational tool and I'm hoping some of my friends get it as well. Even more motivation to destroy your friends. As for a new version coming out, just don't worry about it. New stuff comes out all the time. Just get it and enjoy it now. 

Sent my defective OG ice back to Nike a few days ago. I didn't think I'd miss it but I do. What's the turnaround on exchanges?

Sent my defective OG ice back to Nike a few days ago. I didn't think I'd miss it but I do. What's the turnaround on exchanges?
Do you have to mail it in or can you exchange it in person when it's defective? It'll probably be a few weeks for them to process when you mail it!

Turnaround time was painfully slow at nearly 20 days for me. Last time I was able to exchange at the new Nike store in Gtown so it was instant. Definitely missed it when I had to exchange it.

Nike announced 10 companies they're giving $20,000 to work with the fuel band data. Hopefully this means Nike is going to keep with it and have some sort of hardware improvement.

Digital sport IS Nike's future.

If you did the expedited return with a card on file for them it should be a few days. Otherwise, i'm not sure.

Back
Top Bottom