Nike HYP Chase (ASG, Fragment Design Trio Released 2/12/2015)

Just received my pair yesterday. Haven't played in them, but my first impression is that they feel quite awful. I have wide-ish feet and wish I had gone up 1/2 a size (or in my case a full size, as they don't make size 12.5), and the cushioning is pretty much non-existent. For $120, I wish they had at least put zoom in the forefoot. As another person commented, the lacing towards the toebox pinched my foot near my big toe as I flexed. Given all of this, I probably won't even give them a shot on the court and will send them back or sell them. Gonna give the Curry One's a go.

Mine feel great... with the stick insole and all gave them a spin today for some training. Super impressed, lock down is perfect.

Any word if these are ASG still available? Slept on these locally and now regretting it.

Last edited:
AS colorway is fire in person. May scoop a pair. Hope they have some more Harden PE's for us.

just got the asg delivered last night.  not a fan.  they don't seem stable (compared to the kobe 6s).  i feel like i would be very prone to an ankle sprain.  secondly, they don't feel as good as the zoom run the ones.  those i regret returning.  

just my 2 cents.

these will be returned back to niketown. 

Definitely disappointed in the comfort on these..feels like i'm unstable as well..

They do look very clean in person tho..

I just picked these up at footlocker today. They look great in person, but they feel stiff as hell. Almost non-existent cushioning compared to Kobe 9s. I'll probably just use them for weight lifting, since I don't play ball on my toes like Harden.

The FTL took the bday coupon for them, so I couldn't pass them up at $95 (and no tax since it got under $110 for NYC).

Small update: After messing around with the roshe and Kobe 9 insoles, I want to bet that Harden plays with a different insole in there. There should be no reason why he uses the original one, which is made out of stone.

Last edited:
My green ones look more like brown - can't really tell it is supposed to be an olive green shoe.  Disappointed that the colors are off.

I just picked these up at footlocker today. They look great in person, but they feel stiff as hell. Almost non-existent cushioning compared to Kobe 9s. I'll probably just use them for weight lifting, since I don't play ball on my toes like Harden.

The FTL took the bday coupon for them, so I couldn't pass them up at $95 (and no tax since it got under $110 for NYC).

I'm surprised managers let you rock with the bday coupon because I got curved at one location with the excuse being "These joints exclusive Yo.." :stoneface:

They really believe people gonna buy these retail price knowing that most are aiming for the remastered Jordan's the next few months.

Last edited:
I'm surprised managers let you rock with the bday coupon because I got curved at one location with the excuse being "These joints exclusive Yo.." :stoneface:

They really believe people gonna buy these retail price knowing that most are aiming for the remastered Jordan's the next few months.

Haha, I was surprised too. I just asked if they can try to see if this coupon worked, and the cashier just entered the code and it worked. It might be because it was a Midtown location and they wanted to keep the line moving.

Haha, I was surprised too. I just asked if they can try to see if this coupon worked, and the cashier just entered the code and it worked. It might be because it was a Midtown location and they wanted to keep the line moving.

:lol: that makes sense. Say no more ima try my luck downtown. Congrats my Dude :pimp:

I'm surprised managers let you rock with the bday coupon because I got curved at one location with the excuse being "These joints exclusive Yo.."
indifferent.gif

roll.gif
laugh.gif

patience saves pockets.  I didn't even think FNL got these initially last weekend on the RD ?    Now they pop up on their website.  I probably could of gotten them for around $85 with all the coupon codes, rewards, etc.    Ended up paying $120 at HOH last weekend.   damn you FNL !!  lol

Want to give this shoe a shot but my dislike for the asymmetrical lacing, assorted tongue colors and the lack of cushioning(even though insole swap will fix that) I will regret the purchase. One more pair for others.

Last edited:
Want to give this shoe a shot but I think the asymmetrical lacing, assorted tongue colors and the lack of cushioning(even though insole swap will fix that) I will regret the purchase. One more pair for others.
I feel you.  Tbh -- the coupon that Grizz posted made me bite... I was really on the fence.  The fact that I have a pretty healthy supply of lunar inserts and some bron xi ones was sort of a big factor.

Like some others, may just ended up kicking around in these or using them in the gym but not on court

Back
Top Bottom