Nike HYP Chase (ASG, Fragment Design Trio Released 2/12/2015)

Want to give this shoe a shot but my dislike for the asymmetrical lacing, assorted tongue colors and the lack of cushioning(even though insole swap will fix that) I will regret the purchase. One more pair for others.
i'm gonna regret passing, but i just bought 4 shoes this weekend, and gonna most likely buy a couple more in the next 2 weeks, so i have to let these go 
tired.gif

Last edited:
Wow, they just fixed it and excluded these from coupon 
laugh.gif
  most def a pass now

Last edited:
Yeah! You were quick they're excluded now.

Its probably better I didn't get these. I actually want to buy those Blackout Kobe Xs.

I feel you.  Tbh -- the coupon that Grizz posted made me bite... I was really on the fence.  The fact that I have a pretty healthy supply of lunar inserts and some bron xi ones was sort of a big factor.

Like some others, may just ended up kicking around in these or using them in the gym but not on court

That $20 off is clutch. Hopefully they have pairs and are able to fulfill them.

i'm gonna regret passing, but i just bought 4 shoes this weekend, and gonna most likely buy a couple more in the next 2 weeks, so i have to let these go |I  

Yeah that's another reason, too many dang shoes, gotta pick and choose.

Yeah! You were quick they're excluded now.

Its probably better I didn't get these. I actually want to buy those Blackout Kobe Xs.
I've been really trying to hold off on the Xs, but that blackout colorway is my fave by far

Ordered from FNL before they excluded so I could return my Nike pair and save a few $. Bet FNL cancels cuz they are shady like that :lol:

Copped a size 10 bc of that FNL link posted today :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: props to dude

It's funny I actually was on my Tarzan last night and passed out early lol. woke up mad early around 4 a.m. Like any other weirdo instead of going to sleep I decided to read about shoes and get caught up in all my threads. I read thru this entire 11 page thread and fell in love with the AS cw (use of multi color fly wire is what pushed me over). So far I had only copped the kyries but these did look dope so I was :smh: as I read thru post after post about "out of stock" pages and limited production quantities up until it was time for me to leave for class. BOOM last post I read was the FNL link :smokin

ordered these over the phone otw to class. Get to school and class is cancelled (or I just missed it, 2 hr delay confusion, **** it) to make up for a wasted trip I hit the library. find out the books for my English class are all available on reserve and can be checked out whenever as long as I don't leave the library :smokin these are the same books I didn't buy for the class and felt bad about :pimp:

checked out the books and did all of my homework for the next week on a "just bought new shoes" high. :pimp:

great thursday

Last edited:
I must say, I absolutely love this shoe! I happened to be on a work trip in Vegas and they had them out on display at Nike town. I thought they were tight at first but after wearing them for 30 minutes they seemed to break in. I'm surprised a lot of folks have found them to be uncomfortable but I understand everyones feet are different. On feet, they are quite sick! Anyone on the fence about buying them pull the trigger and see for yourself. Worse case, if they don't work out, you can always return them.

View media item 1408913
I replaced the midsole with my kobe 8 easter midsoles. Kobe 8 midsoles soles are thinner than the stock midsole of the hyperchase. Thus, I felt lower to the ground and the fit felt more secure.

I replaced the midsole with my kobe 8 easter midsoles. Kobe 8 midsoles soles are thinner than the stock midsole of the hyperchase. Thus, I felt lower to the ground and the fit felt more secure.
and the kobe 8 easter insole matches this colorway to
nthat.gif

i don't care what anybody says,  this shoe is very COMFORTABLE.  I keep wearing it around the house like slippers lol

View media item 1409093
:pimp: :pimp:
All gonna be hooped in just missing the Kyries in my size :nerd:
Did hoop in the Hardens today. They an alright shoe to hoop in nothing special but they look clean af in person :pimp:
If anyone knows where to cop a 13 in the Kyries stateside hmu id really appreciate it

Last edited:
Played in these today with my Lebron 11 drop in midsole. They are comfortable to an extent. I could not imagine playing in them with the stock cushioning. It's very stiff and uncomfortable. The Lebron 11 midsole changes everything. The fit is ok. Like I stated before the lacing towards the toe down the medial side of the shoe creates an awkward pinching that requires occasional readjustment. Breathability is not an issue. Fit is narrow in the toebox and I have slightly wider feet so I suggest going a half size up. I'm usually a 9.5 and I went up to 10. Due to readjustment of the laces, I cant get the kind of lockdown I prefer. There is a heel counter embedded in the shoe and it works, but because of pinching at the top lace holes as well, I have to loosen the laces once again. If there was an Achilles shaped cushion or just more padding period around the ankle then lockdown would be perfect. So unfortunately for me the lockdown is dependent on my lacing. Traction was not bad. I had to really jab my foot into the court and get that squeak for the traction to really start to feel alive. This was a well maintained fitness center so I'll have to wait and see how they hold up on a dusty court. After an hour or so I almost forgot I had them on. I love the way they look and they felt like a step down model of the Kobe 8s with a more flexible and breathable upper, slightly heavier, with not as good containment/ fit. In my opinion there are better hooping options, but at $120 and the uniqueness of the design and colorway, I'd say go for it. If you can get your hands on a Lebron 11 midsole or kobe 7, 8, or 9 midsole and replace the stock midsole on these, you've got yourself a winner.

Thanks @s0lechild  -- was curious how the Bron 11 insole would work out.  Ordered my tts some I'm guessing things will be a little too tight and it will throw off lockdwon.  Gonna throw in either the Kobe 9 or 8 insole in.

@wballz  good call on the Kobe 8 insole sitting lower for some improved lockdown, looking forward to trying this out!  Mine scheduled to arrive Saturday from FNL 
smokin.gif

Last edited:
No offense to anyone who copped, and if you wanted them, got them and are happy with them, more power to you.

But to me, the name for these is SO fitting.  Hyperchase.  Chase the hype.  I swear to god someone at Nike is laughing hysterically about this.  They put out a great looking "performance" shoe with hardly any substance.  Is this what it's come to now?  We have to switch out insoles with Lebrons or Kobes on a $120 shoe, assuming we even have them in the first place?  I hate hearing that and it's insulting to customers.

Back
Top Bottom