Nike Lunarcharge Thread: Wide release 02/04/17

^ Love the suede, hate the Swoosh. I wish all colorways had the mini-Swoosh.

looks like a bad PS or dye job to the initial release pair to me.
Just saw these posted on IG. I was thinking something along the same lines. At first I thought it was just the OG Oreo cw filtered. They may be an unreleased cw though.

Last edited:
Been wearing my Lunarcharge for a bit now so I thought I’d share my initial impressions to help out in terms of sizing/comfort. For reference, I have narrow/average size feet with a high instep/arch.

The good:

First of all, they are light as a feather. The upper feels like a neoprene but still has structure towards the toebox. The white oreo speckled heel counter is actually soft and flexible which is a pleasant surprise that I was not expecting since I thought that part was going to be rigid and hard. The best part of the shoe is that the midsole is super plush and cushioned.

The not so good:

Like a few people here have mentioned, the area around your Achilles is fairly tight and rubs. The whole collar around your ankle is pretty restricting and I could see it being irritating after a full day’s wear, especially without a higher sock that covers that area. My main area of concern with the shoe though is that due to my high instep/arch, I start to feel pain in the top of my foot almost immediately just walking around since there is not a lot of give in that area towards the midfoot and ankle collar. I would have much preferred if the ankle collar and midfoot upper was stretchy/elastic.

Sizing:

I got these in my Lunarepic size which is half a size up from my TTS. They fit snug and short and I could even see myself going up another half a size (which would be 1 full size up from my TTS which I have never done for any other shoe before). The half a size up I have is still wearable, but I just prefer a bit more toe room. Even though my Lunarcharge and Lunarepics are the same size, the Lunarcharge feel a half a size smaller and side by side are much shorter in length. To sum it all up in regards to sizing, I would definitely recommend to go at least a half a size up to a full size up from your TTS for the Lunarcharge.

Last edited:
ouch, yeah, the heel is an issue for me. just walked about 30-40 min to drop stuff off at the post office and grabbed some food. midway through my left heel started to hurt a lot and on the way home I started limping. when i got home my heel was bleeding. i got a 9 which is 1 full size up from my TTS. I wear 8.5 in ultra boost and flyknit racers.

Last edited:
I normally wear a 7.5 in most Nikes. Decided to order a 7.5 and an 8 from Kith. Went with the 8, even though I rarely ever size up cuz I dislike size inconsistencies in my collection. If you typically don't leave much room for your toes with your sneakers, make sure to size up. 

Last edited:

Been wearing my Lunarcharge for a bit now so I thought I’d share my initial impressions to help out in terms of sizing/comfort. For reference, I have narrow/average size feet with a high instep/arch.

The good:

First of all, they are light as a feather. The upper feels like a neoprene but still has structure towards the toebox. The white oreo speckled heel counter is actually soft and flexible which is a pleasant surprise that I was not expecting since I thought that part was going to be rigid and hard. The best part of the shoe is that the midsole is super plush and cushioned.

The not so good:

Like a few people here have mentioned, the area around your Achilles is fairly tight and rubs. The whole collar around your ankle is pretty restricting and I could see it being irritating after a full day’s wear, especially without a higher sock that covers that area. My main area of concern with the shoe though is that due to my high instep/arch, I start to feel pain in the top of my foot almost immediately just walking around since there is not a lot of give in that area towards the midfoot and ankle collar. I would have much preferred if the ankle collar and midfoot upper was stretchy/elastic.

Sizing:

I got these in my Lunarepic size which is half a size up from my TTS. They fit snug and short and I could even see myself going up another half a size (which would be 1 full size up from my TTS which I have never done for any other shoe before). The half a size up I have is still wearable, but I just prefer a bit more toe room. Even though my Lunarcharge and Lunarepics are the same size, the Lunarcharge feel a half a size smaller and side by side are much shorter in length. To sum it all up in regards to sizing, I would definitely recommend to go at least a half a size up to a full size up from your TTS for the Lunarcharge.
Thanks for the review.

Kind of bothers me about how the fit around the ankle is tight...May have to really try them on first or take a leap and order a half size up, if I buy a pair.

I feel like people with the Achilles problem try to squeeze into a size they shouldn't

Same with Lunarepics, I originally went a half size up but then went a full size and the problem was negated

I feel like people with the Achilles problem try to squeeze into a size they shouldn't

Same with Lunarepics, I originally went a half size up but then went a full size and the problem was negated
same i havent had problems with the achilles on my lunarepics either but I've gone TTS on them i can even rock them with low cut socks and not have issues 

The good:

The not so good:

Sizing:

good looks on this review bro. so far the general consensus seems to at least go up half a size 

Has nothing to do with the size of the shoe. The lack of padding around the heel is what causes the irritation.

LunarEpics are FAR more comfortable than these.

Wore my LunarCharges after a 12 hour shift last night and they just annoyed the hell out of my heel.

Whereas LunarEpics are like pillows for my feet during my shift.

It's a shame because I really dig the silhouette. Oh well.

Back
Top Bottom