Nike LunarGlide+ Launches 8/1 -- Vol. "Actually, It IS Rocket Science"

i was going to buy the chicagos too, but waited too long, and boom size was gone. im really feeling my new york pair. my wife did the nike womens half in sf,but didn't like the black and pink colorway. can someone please post good pics of all the upcoming colorways of the marathon editions???? Rio, Tokyo, Etcthanks in advance.

changed my mind, im trying to get the anthracite/orange cw now can anyone tell me where to find these for at least retail in a 12? otherwise ill just get thegray/yellow before those run out of my size next

i got the chicago marathon ones....they are sweet. thinking about getting the nyc ones now.

For those that missed out on the CHICAGO marathon edition, you can do a phone order from Niketown Chicago, they have a boat load of them in when I was thereyesterday.
(at least 10 pairs in each sizes)

Chicago - Black/Black-Baltic Blue
SF wmns - Black/Black- Hot red
NYC Mens - Black/Black-Orange blaze
NYC Wmns - Black/Black-Deep royal
China - Black/Black-Pink
Hawaii - Black/Black-Yellow
Boston - Black/Black-Blue
London - Black/Black-White
Tokyo - Black/Black-Forest Green
Rio - Black/Black-Baltic Blue (same as Chicago but different lettering on the tongue & different logo)

http://speedendurance.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/nike-marathon-flower.jpg

Might scoop up those Chicago lunarglides..such a comfortable shoe
pimp.gif

The CHINA/Beijing LunarGlide+ will be available closer to the Beijing marathon which is Nov 29 and the HAWAII/Honolulu LunarGlide+ will follow, releasingaround Dec 13.

For MAXIMUM comfort, go with the AM2009, but for overall short distance races/training LunarGlide+ is the shoe for it.
Saying that, if you are an avid runner, I wouldn't switch to them from your old faithful.
If you've been running in the Nike Structure Triax or the Nike Vomero and those works for you, stick to those.

Originally Posted by BrotiPoo

The CHINA/Beijing LunarGlide+ will be available closer to the Beijing marathon which is Nov 29 and the HAWAII/Honolulu LunarGlide+ will follow, releasing around Dec 13.

For MAXIMUM comfort, go with the AM2009, but for overall short distance races/training LunarGlide+ is the shoe for it.
Saying that, if you are an avid runner, I wouldn't switch to them from your old faithful.
If you've been running in the Nike Structure Triax or the Nike Vomero and those works for you, stick to those.

any word on the rio de janeiro marathon? i tried to google it, coulcn't find the date.

Really loving the motion control in this shoe; a wide range of runners can enjoy them, from the lightweight/performance category, cushioned, and moderateoverpronators. The support is good enough for my feet while providing enough cushioning as well.

These shoes are
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
I ran the whole cross country season in a pair of these
laugh.gif
grin.gif
(amateur move, I know)

Does anyone know if these bottom out?

Or has anyone owned these for a while, and noticed the cushioning start to deteriorate?

I had a terrible experience with Hyperdunks, and I'm wondering how these will hold up long term, thanks

I haven't heard any complaints about the cushioning failing over time. Seems like the only shoe that had that issue by the masses was the Hyperdunk. Istill have faith in LF.

ive put some miles on my lunaracers and they are still good, but hey, i usually run in free 5.0s so i am used to no cushioning. i passed on the hyperdunks. ihaven't ran in my lunarglides yet, probably wont until i get another colorway. those green ones are sick. will probably cop those and run in them.

The Lunarglides don't have Lunar Foam in them... they have Cushlon Foam and won't produce a steep drop off in cushioning that people experienced withthe Hyperdunk.

i have both. i have yet to run in either. still running in my frees. the lunar glides are more flexible than the swifts. the cushion in the lunarglides feels a little softer.

Recently, it seems as if the Lunar Foam in my Lunar Trainer 1s has greatly depleted, which is inevitable for a 2+ year old shoe that had serious mileage. The other day, I actually developed a significant water blister on my big right toe while I was running 12M.

Now, I'm in the market for a new pair of runners, and I think these LGlides are the shoe that might be next in line. I actually saw and tried on a pair at a local Nordstom Rack (Women's Charcoal / Ice Blue cw) , which were only $50. I'm thinking about going back and purchasing them. The color on the midsole is screaming to be customized! Has anyone ever customized performance running shoes with spray-paint? If so, how well does the paint hold after several miles?

Back
Top Bottom