NIKE METCON THREAD - 7s out now

Talked to footlocker via chat. Was told they have no idea when they will be in.

I literay said "so no update on a ship date? You have no clue when they will actually show up?"

"That is correct"

I literay said "so no update on a ship date? You have no clue when they will actually show up?"

"That is correct"
So ridiculous!! I feel your pain! Stay strong!!

I've been woding in mine the last couple of days but wanted to test out different movements before I made my assessment. And these things are awesome! I've never been a fan of the nanos (too narrow and felt like I didn't have ankle support) so I woded in Nike frees.

I think the heel on these things is what makes the difference for me. I did some OHS and thrusters in these and they felt great. They're really sturdy and my lifts felt solid during the wod. They felt great for burpee box jumps as well and were good to run in.

It's kina crazy that you felt the Nanos were too narrow breh :wow:

It's crazy with a phenomenon like Crossfit this company fumbled this release. But then again, they were slow to let Reebok corner the market.

"That is correct"

I feel you on this too bro. Just wait for the restock on the 26th and cancel your order with footlocker.

So got TTS on these. They fit fine in the toe box, but still experiencing heel slippage. Does anyone else have that problem and did anyone else size down on these?

It's crazy with a phenomenon like Crossfit this company fumbled this release. But then again, they were slow to let Reebok corner the market.
I am just as surprised as you. But the more I think about it the more sense it makes.

1. Yes they are late into the crossfit market but they had to make sure it would stick around. Like you said its a phenomenon. It got big SO fast

2. NIke is so big that they really don't NEED people to buy this shoe

3. Reebok has been trying to fight with the big boys for years. Sponsoring Crossfit was the fastest way to get their name out their and be competitive in the "Fitness" market which never will go away. 

4. They hyped the crap out of this shoe! Now by limiting release they just keep building the hype. A guy at my gym saw me with them on and all he said was "seeing you wear them makes me want them more"

5. With all the crap happening on the West Coast with the shipping problems its not surprising that some companies are having problems keeping them in stock.

Last edited:
I copped the Orange ones just now at NYNT. Had a friend hook my up with an employee discount. I paid 72.

It's kina crazy that you felt the Nanos were too narrow breh :wow:

It was narrow in the front of my foot. I only tried the Nano 3's. They just weren't comfortable and running in them was horrible. I have bad knees and ankles though. Was 320 lbs when I started cf 3 yrs ago, down to about 210 now. Unfortunately, the bad knees and joints stayed with me. Lol

Yeah I feel like maybe sizing down .5 would've been perfect.

But will try them out today. Will post impressions. For now seems like tying the laces super tight helps. But my free 5.0 trainer is the standard for perfect fit. For now.

But will try them out today. Will post impressions. For now seems like tying the laces super tight helps. But my free 5.0 trainer is the standard for perfect fit. For now.
Yea I might put these on the bay and get a size down when they're available again. 

I realized this as well. I do tie them tight but its not by any means uncomfortable. I love how the tongue is padded. 

I noticed that if you don't double knot them the shoes come untied really easy. Anyone else notice that?

"That is correct"

I feel you on this too bro. Just wait for the restock on the 26th and cancel your order with footlocker.

Which site is restocking, Rogue? I'm looking for a 9 in the volts. Wish I hadn't slept since I want to squat and deadlift in these. I'm getting sick of changing shoes in the gym from Romaleos to chucks.

If anyone ordered black metcons from foot locker, you're going to the black with grey midsole that is now pictured on their site instead of the dark grey with a black midsole that was originally pictured. Mine arrived this afternoon.

I had a phone order in with NTNY last week for Orange/Grey in 9.5 and they just cancelled it an hour ago after charging my card a few days ago. Lady on the phone said she didn't know what happened, that the person doing the ordering had already left for the day. 

UPDATE: NTNY called me back tonight, said they had a Dark Grey/Volt pair they would send on Monday. Happy again!

Last edited:
Hm.

Pros

-Feel super secure to the ground. Box jumps felt very safe. No budging. Like becoming magnetized to the ground and platform.

-front squats and back squats felt the way I hoped. No give really; sturdy.

Cons

-Sizing seems to be slightly big. If given the chance would go down .5. The ankle just doesn't feel glued to the shoe like it does with my Frees. This could be due to the fact that the Metcon actually has a tounge, leading to the shoe not being whole or fitting like a glove, like the feeling I get with my frees.

-forefoot flexibility. The shoes aren't as stiff as he adipowers out of the box, but still don't feel as flexible as my frees. I get why the sole is totally flat and uninterrupted, but I think it's possible to have a shoe that's almost entirely flat, while still having just the flex point at the fore front (the ball of the foot, the toe joints, essentially). That would be a huge innovation. As it stands, they are a little stiff and I wouldn't have as much fun doing everyday stuff in them (which would be a plus).

As it stands, I'd give the shoes a 4/5. I will probably be happier in a month after they break in, but if judging against my Free trainers, which were comfy and pretty solid right out of the box, I have to put them a notch below, just for now.

Again, I haven't done everything I need to do to truly test them (rope climbs, for example), but this is my Out of the Box review. My Break In review will probably be stellar.

Also wish I got the Orange/grey ones. Oh well.

Back
Top Bottom