NIKE METCON THREAD - 7s out now

I know I'm mad late, but are the Grey/Gums still available in the Chicago area? Will be in town later this month and hoping to get lucky

WE ARE LIVE!!!

http://www.finishline.com/store/catalog/product.jsp?productId=prod776522

xl749163-004_fl.jpg
So I ordered both size 8 and 8.5. I wear a size 8.5 in my Metcons but on the Lunar Ultimate TR, I'm wearing size 8 and it feels much better. The Metcons have a "Break in" period so my 8.5 when I first got them were snug but now I wished I would have gotten a size 8. Whereas  the Lunar, size 8 fits perfect right out the box and didn't need breaking in.

In regards to WOD and performance:

Workout 1:

-Speed deadlifts 3 reps EMOTM for 12 mins. Personally would not wear it for DL. A little too squishy and I didn't go too heavy about 285#

-KB snatches were fine and did jumping goblet squat and they were stable.

-DUBS felt great and supportive. I would prefer this over the Metcons since it is a little more forgiving.

Workout 2:

-200 WBS 11' target, 20lbs. Shoe felt solid

- 185# power clean. Shoe felt stable and solid

- Prowler pushes. Shoe felt stable and comfortable

- Turkish get ups. Don't really use the shoe much. One thing though, there were sweat spot on the floor and the shoes almost slip under me. 

-  Rope climbs. This shoe is horrible for rope climb. Although it has the "rope groove" on each side of the shoes, they pretty much were useless. They did not grip the rope and was actually very slick so it actually requires more effort to climb. 

So I haven't been keeping up with the forum as I have been traveling but can anyone tell me if/when the grey and gum sole metcons drop? If they have already been released Im assuming my best chance is just to keep refreshing the page on rouge

So I haven't been keeping up with the forum as I have been traveling but can anyone tell me if/when the grey and gum sole metcons drop? If they have already been released Im assuming my best chance is just to keep refreshing the page on rouge

they dropped already.

I was able to pick up a pair from rogue. Originally debated about returning them but after seeing the catalog photos of the metcon 2s I'm leaning towards keeping them.

Hopefully actual pics of the 2s look better than the catalog :nerd:

Basically looks just like the 1s with a different swoosh placement... Was hoping for a little more innovation from the worlds leading sportswear company.

Def like the Red black cw of the 2.  The swoosh placement is similar to the Zoom Elite 7 I believe.  Im fine with them.  The weakness I found was the mesh, which they fixed on later versions of the 1, and the heel coming unglued which it looks addressed in some form or fashion.  I just hope thats not an air max type sole because that would be awful in a shoe you lift in.  It also looks as though they strengthened the lacing system and flywire so you can really wrench them tight. Really hoping that isnt an air pocket, but otherwise I like them.

i just cant get on board yet. will wait to see live pics of the shoes.

so far the 2s apear to be a slimmed down version of the 1

Anybody want to post these on IG and give NT credit? You know before iamprojectx swoops in and posts the info with "our inside sources"

Not bad if it is the MC2 but not better than the MC1.
Lol, I saw them repost the picture of the Frasers/Nano 5 that Fresh posted on IG. Then they had a comment something like "we expect these to release next week." Yeah, because Fresh said so...

Lol I also verified that the image posted was the shoe, as well as the price. Sorry about not posting in a while been very busy.

With that said, the shoes look amazing in person.. The piece in back is not air or zoom, it's a hard piece to help with heel/midsole separation when you are dragging your heel on HSPU's -

I know a lot of people complained about the toe box material of the first few colors of the metcon, well that has more than been taken care of on the 2 - the material used feels super super durable.

Misplaced swoosh gives it an update from the 1, I feel like there is a mini swoosh closer to the toe on the inside of the foot.... Can't remember.

Like is said they are $130, and the amp is $140 ...... Wait until someone leaks the Amp!! Everyone's gonna go nuts!

I cannot leak images because of my job title, but I can clear up things like "air" in heel etc...... Well hopefully this info is enough to get you all through the weekend :smile:

-Fresh

IT IS NOT AN AIR BAG! It would be Zoom Metcon if it was. Read the midsole description.
 From the limited pictures posted, I don't think anyone was sure, but this helps a ton! And these pictures actually make me like them a tiny bit more, still not sure about the swoosh moving, but they're growing on me already

edit: thanks as well fresh!!!

Last edited:
Lol I also verified that the image posted was the shoe, as well as the price. Sorry about not posting in a while been very busy.

With that said, the shoes look amazing in person.. The piece in back is not air or zoom, it's a hard piece to help with heel/midsole separation when you are dragging your heel on HSPU's -

I know a lot of people complained about the toe box material of the first few colors of the metcon, well that has more than been taken care of on the 2 - the material used feels super super durable.

Misplaced swoosh gives it an update from the 1, I feel like there is a mini swoosh closer to the toe on the inside of the foot.... Can't remember.

Like is said they are $130, and the amp is $140 ...... Wait until someone leaks the Amp!! Everyone's gonna go nuts!

I cannot leak images because of my job title, but I can clear up things like "air" in heel etc...... Well hopefully this info is enough to get you all through the weekend
smile.gif

-Fresh
u can leak them to me and ill be da leak

I cannot leak images because of my job title, but I can clear up things like "air" in heel etc...... Well hopefully this info is enough to get you all through the weekend :smile:

-Fresh
I knew all this , but thanks I guess.

Back
Top Bottom