NIKE METCON THREAD - 7s out now

Keep watching, at one point they are talking to Froning and Bridges puts his bright orange Metcon between Rich and the camera. If they were really trying to keep Nike out of it, there's no chance that scene makes the cut.

Last edited:
Why reebok insecure as hell.

It's like adidas trying to ban nba players from wearing nike because adidas supplies the team jerseys :lol:

It's really ridiculous. I wore Nanos for a year and a half and liked them alright but I wanted to try these. It's almost embarrassing how they were not only so defensive over the Metcons but so reactionary as well. They week the Metcons dropped, Reebok produced a video for CrossFit's YouTube channel about how Nanos are the best and most stable and yadda yadda yadda the "true CrossFit shoe" designed by and for CrossFitters and how incredibly revolutionary they are. Like a 10 min mini doc. for real, reebok? Lol. They had the market cornered and now I guess they are (rightfully) scared of losing their grip on it much like what has happened to other sports they competed in over the years but you would think they could be a bit more subtle, less direct and more proactive in their marketing than "hey don't look at Nikes flashy new Metcons cause we made Nanos and we say they're the best." Childish IMO.

Well Reebok will just have to step up their game. If someone else like Nike or Under Armour came in and sponsored the games it wouldn't be that difficult of a change over.

What needs to happen is the games need to now open up after the contract with Reebok expires. Let ppl wear other gear. You could rake in so much money in advertisment. I get why they signed an exclusive deal with Reebok at first. Having a big name back you is a great way to get it off and running.

The biggest question now is how long does all this last? With the creation of the Crossfit Games and the GRID league (NPGL) it seems to be doing well.  Honestly I love crossfit and its something different for people to watch, but is this a fad or something that will stick. Only time will tell I guess.

Last edited:
Got another email from Footlocker saying the shoes will ship 2 weeks from their new date of 2/28/2015
And since the first email was two weeks from 2/06/2015 and i got 0 update and 0 reasoning on why they never shipped im putting 0 faith in this new time frame.

so consensus is .5 size down from TTS? is it because the length on these is a bit longer?

I should have .5 down because of length yeah. The tts is just fine but I prefer a little more snug fit. Dealing with it for time being. Lol

So I absolutely am digging the black yellow and camo Metcons.

I MUST get a pair. Does anyone know the best way to follow to see when they are released and where? I live in New York City so have access to the Nile Store but they are pretty useless as far as knowledge.

Any thoughts?

Last edited:
Just in case the size I got coming in is too big, any chance that any of these colors will be available for a wider release in actual physical stores anytime soon?

Had the Orange and blue pair in my cart for rogue. Internet timed out, refreshed and was wold out lol.

It's really ridiculous. I wore Nanos for a year and a half and liked them alright but I wanted to try these. It's almost embarrassing how they were not only so defensive over the Metcons but so reactionary as well. They week the Metcons dropped, Reebok produced a video for CrossFit's YouTube channel about how Nanos are the best and most stable and yadda yadda yadda the "true CrossFit shoe" designed by and for CrossFitters and how incredibly revolutionary they are. Like a 10 min mini doc. for real, reebok? Lol. They had the market cornered and now I guess they are (rightfully) scared of losing their grip on it much like what has happened to other sports they competed in over the years but you would think they could be a bit more subtle, less direct and more proactive in their marketing than "hey don't look at Nikes flashy new Metcons cause we made Nanos and we say they're the best." Childish IMO.

Reebok doesn't do a good job of enhancing their product as much as Nike does IMO. They had the NFL contract for quite some time, and Nike swooped in scooped it up and did more the first year then Reebok did all years. When it comes to the Nanos I hear the older models performing better than the current ones.

I have a pair of the Volt nike mentons that I have worn for a week and they just don't fit right. size 11. Would be willing to part with them for what I have in them. 139. email me if you would like them. paypal only harrison@hellersite.com

What other shoes do you have in a 11 for fit compare?

My pair coming in are an 11 and i wear an 11 in my free run 2s and my free 3.0s. Everyone initially said TTS for nikes but have a feeling they may be too big once they come in

Reebok doesn't do a good job of enhancing their product as much as Nike does IMO. They had the NFL contract for quite some time, and Nike swooped in scooped it up and did more the first year then Reebok did all years. When it comes to the Nanos I hear the older models performing better than the current ones.
Yea I have heard that while the 4.0 may have been a better shoe people liked the 3.0 better. 

Personally my favorite is the 3s. Haven't gotten a pair of 4s due to metcon madness but a few people at my gym the other night before the open were bellyaching about how the 2s were the best. I heartily disagree but there were several with that opinion.

I'm mad at myself. People been saying same size as the Nano 3s, so I got tts. Now I just saw that I had sized down on my nano 3s. Man, the metcons coming in are going to be too big =/

I actually prefer the nano 4s over the prior models.  I like the Metcons a lot but as has been mentioned sizing seems a bit different.  Even the great review that was posted earlier in this thread by Joel (AMRAP - https://joelxfit.wordpress.com/2015/01/22/updating-review-nike-metcon-1/) ended up going a half size down on his second pair.  They were a bit tight at first but after breaking them in he said they were perfect.  Just obviously difficult right now to obtain the Metcons so it makes sizing even more complicated.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom