NIKE METCON THREAD - 7s out now

They didn't feel like the nanos to me, I prefer the nano feel honestly. It just took a while for my feet to appreciate the Metcons. The weird thing though, not all the Metcons feel the same to me. The Banned, and both Camo's fit me perfect, whereas the Dove grey, Royal Volt, and Black Grey took several seats before getting broken in.

Lol dang bro, i think i will just get a pair of 1's. Did you feel they were too heavy or something? I dont want something too snug as i hate the feel of something scraping the back of my ankle

From all the reviews, they don't. Sounds like Nike addressed the heel slippage issue. Should fit true to size.

Can't help more than that, won't get my first pair until Monday.

They are more snug, but unless your 1s were on the very edge of being too small I'd go with the same size. When you have them on you feel more locked in if that makes any sense. I attribute it mostly to the new heel padding. The tongue may be just a touch more dense too, but I haven't done a side by side comparison on them. If I sized up from the 1s they'd be too big for sure.

Today our WOD was a 20 minute AMRAP of 2 strict HSPUs, 4 deadlifts at 225#, and 8 kb swings (70#), and the 2s performed nicely. Not sure if the heel tabs made any difference in effort needed to complete HSPUs, but I could feel them on the wall the whole time.

Last edited:
They are more snug, but unless your 1s were on the very edge of being too small I'd go with the same size. When you have them on you feel more locked in if that makes any sense. I attribute it mostly to the new heel padding. The tongue may be just a touch more dense too, but I haven't done a side by side comparison on them. If I sized up from the 1s they'd be too big for sure.

Today our WOD was a 20 minute AMRAP of 2 strict HSPUs, 4 deadlifts at 225#, and 8 kb swings (70#), and the 2s performed nicely. Not sure if the heel tabs made any difference in effort needed to complete HSPUs, but I could feel them on the wall the whole time.
thank…yea it;s hard to say because i feel like out of the 5 different 1s i have, 2 fit a little differently being the AMPs.  I feel like they fit just a tiny bit better.  Having said that, they all fit pretty much perfect but i think if they were any smaller they wouldn't work.

smh tried to get the Olive/Neon Metcon 1s on eastbay with the 15% off code earlier today. I slept and now 10.5 is sold out :smh:

The women's volt/black/gray pair hasn't gone live yet and I've missed it correct? After copping the black/gray/golds these 2 are the only metcon2s that I want.

If anyone has additional info on those please send it my way. I'm pretty sure FNL release them 2/1 based off the product description in the launch callender tho but that's all I know.

Last edited:
The women's volt/black/gray pair hasn't gone live yet and I've missed it correct? After copping the black/gray/golds these 2 are the only metcon2s that I want.

If anyone has additional info on those please send it my way. I'm pretty sure FNL release them 2/1 based off the product description in the launch callender tho but that's all I know.
The launch time is 10 am EST so you still have another hour.

Anyone on here going to the ECC today or tomorrow?  Stuck at work today but I am heading over tomorrow for the Team events.

Anyone on here going to the ECC today or tomorrow?  Stuck at work today but I am heading over tomorrow for the Team events.

Streaming it from MD while I watch the snow fall. I'd like to go to ECC or Wodapalooza next year, will probably head South.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom