NIKE METCON THREAD - 7s out now

How are these in terms of comfort? Say I wanna wear these while standing for 8 hours shifts.
I would say its a matter of preference. Like Diggler said they are a stiffer shoe, so they can be a drastic adjustment if your use to wearing a softer shoe. I personally find them very comfortable, I wear them every day to the gym and to work, and the 1's and 2's have literally been the only shoes I have worn since they came out.  I will say though, if you wear the same pair every day for 8 hour shifts, your feet may get sore.  I do notice that if I wear the same pair for multiple days they are not as comfortable. 

I would say its a matter of preference. Like Diggler said they are a stiffer shoe, so they can be a drastic adjustment if your use to wearing a softer shoe. I personally find them very comfortable, I wear them every day to the gym and to work, and the 1's and 2's have literally been the only shoes I have worn since they came out.  I will say though, if you wear the same pair every day for 8 hour shifts, your feet may get sore.  I do notice that if I wear the same pair for multiple days they are not as comfortable. 
same here, pretty much the only shoe I wear now and rotate between five pairs. 

How are these in terms of comfort? Say I wanna wear these while standing for 8 hours shifts.

Like mentioned above its a preference thing. I'm a RN and wear these for my 12 hour shifts. They're sturdy and give me just the right amount of support I need for my knees and back.

Hey guys, new here... quick question fior your metcon2 experts

I've seen this color scheme floating around on various sites...

but I came across these with the black heel / midsole section.

is the one on RRS an actual color scheme? or is there a chance that there was an error made with the listing somehow? :wow:

Last edited:

Hey guys, new here... quick question fior your metcon2 experts

I've seen this color scheme floating around on various sites...

but I came across these with the black heel / midsole section.

is the one on RRS an actual color scheme? or is there a chance that there was an error made with the listing somehow? :wow:
Good question? its possible that it was a sample picture.  The pair I have has the white heel, and every pair I've seen has the white, but you never know. 

When does the contract with Reebok run out? Would be very interesting if Nike made a push to out do Reebok.

Not going back to reebok. The Nano 6 doesn't look that bad.

Worst looking Nano is the 5. So ugly. 4's were my favorite all around.

Not going back to reebok. The Nano 6 doesn't look that bad.

Worst looking Nano is the 5. So ugly. 4's were my favorite all around.
I think the 6 is a mashup of the 2 and 4. They have been the two versions that people have been the most positive about. My big miss is "what's new?" Its all old tech mixed together. Maybe you don't have to reinvent the wheel, but in just its second model the Metcon added new features and improved on the previous model.

And I may just be reaching but you never saw Rich wear 5's. The 16.5 announcement was the only comp I saw him with them, and that was a promo for the new USA edition. He majority wore 4's (some speed TR). Just met him in Nashville and he was wearing beat up USA 4's. My guess is he had a lot of input in the 6s that brought them back to the 4s framework. 

You have to be glad they aren't all crossfit graffiti, but my wife hates the big Reebok logo so there is that too. (can't fault reebok, nike puts a swoosh anywhere they can fit it)

I think the blk/red Rich is wearing on IG is not bad looking, just overall doesn't seem like a big response to the Nike onslaught. Maybe they don't feel they need a response. They have exclusivity on their side for a few more years. Maybe they see Nike not holding out that long. Or maybe function over form is the goal, and they are counting on the Crossfitter to choose utility over visual appeal. Some will, but I haven't seen a huge fault in the Metcon. I love the 2's even more. The youth movement is definately in the Nike camp. What up and coming or young athlete does Reebok have? The two champs and after that its names that are not going to be in the prime much longer.

Reebok is just lazy, that is why they fell behind and why they ended up losing all their major deals (NFL, NBA, etc. ). They're marketing is horrible. CF was their life boat, since reebok was sinking. They have until 2020. Nike cornered the market on innovation and design with all their lines.

Hopefully this sparks something in reebok, but I doubt it. If Nike wants it in 2020 they will take it.

The 1's were good. I never used the 2. I was a big fan of the 3 aesthetically, not performance wise. The 4 was my favorite. 5's were way too ugly, good thing the metcons dropped although I had about 4-5 pairs of 4's (only have one now :lol:).

Reebok is just lazy, that is why they fell behind and why they ended up losing all their major deals (NFL, NBA, etc. ). They're marketing is horrible. CF was their life boat, since reebok was sinking. They have until 2020. Nike cornered the market on innovation and design with all their lines.

Hopefully this sparks something in reebok, but I doubt it. If Nike wants it in 2020 they will take it.

The 1's were good. I never used the 2. I was a big fan of the 3 aesthetically, not performance wise. The 4 was my favorite. 5's were way too ugly, good thing the metcons dropped although I had about 4-5 pairs of 4's (only have one now
laugh.gif
).
I've hung onto my pair of 4s for rope climb workouts, since I use the top of my shoe so much and they shred up metcons. The 4s have that rubber crosshatch pattern on them and work so well. I may even pick up another pair as a backup for the next couple of years. Otherwise I 100% agree with everything you've said, just seems lazy. Just putting your shoe on rich froning isn't going to sell me on your shoes, performance and visual appeal all day...

they are looking good but gonna end up passing this time around. can't even remember the last time I wore the 1s :smh:

Has anyone seen or have info on the Pink and Grey with dark purple/plum soles?

As seen on NikeMetconClub on IG.

Has anyone seen or have info on the Pink and Grey with dark purple/plum soles?

As seen on NikeMetconClub on IG.
No info on them, yet but the guy who's original post it was on gets them early, chances are you will see them pop up in Australia, and the EU sites soon.   They could be a new Women's CW.

Back
Top Bottom