NIKE METCON THREAD - 7s out now

I saw a lot of MetCons on volunteers at the California Regional,
laugh.gif

I don't think Reebok has the funding clout to outfit the volunteers and athletes at Regionals. They just don't.

I don't blame CF for getting in bed with Reebok, at the time they did it, it was a huuuuuge deal for CF and now it's turning out to be the lifeline Reebok needed to stay alive. Reebok needs CF more than CF needs Reebok at this point.

Reebok is just Reebok, same reason the NFL dumped them. They just don't do enough on the marketing side, they do half-*** campaigns, hence the "exclusive rights" contracts they like to have.

2020 is going to be interesting if CF, the sport and the fitness methodology, continues to grow. Nike and Under Armor are both going to go for the contract. I don't see Reebok being around beyond 2020.

Volunteered at the CF Games in 2014 and 2015. Plan to do it this year. You do get hooked up, last year, IIRC:

-Nano 2's
-Rx Smart Gear Jump Rope
-Qalo rings (set of 2)
-3 shirts (1 for each day worked)
- TDC shirt (
laugh.gif
)
-Headband
-Rogue Bottle Opener
-Aluminum Water Bottle
-Plastic Water Bottle
-Drawstring bags
-25% coupon for reebok
-A pair of Rehband Knee Sleeves (I came up on 6 pairs
laugh.gif
)
-Reebok Gym Bag
-Portable Phone Charger

-Tons of food, kill cliff and starbucks
@ooIRON MANoo  You wanna sell that Rogue bottle opener? LOL I was trying to get my hands on one all weekend.

Reebok also has the NHL, which is why I'll stick with my CCM Kings jersey.

has anyone tried to color in the white heel / midsole area? any paint recommendations?

i was mislead by RRS when they had photos of the white / black combo with a black midsole / heel. they have since corrected the photos on their site to show a white heel.

Last edited:

Found a pair and matching stance socks at nordstrom rack in Seattle, $65 for both
Nice find, those are the sample CW of the squadron blues, notice the white to yellow fade on the the swoosh. the general release only had a white swoosh.  Nice pick up. 

@ooIRON MANoo  You wanna sell that Rogue bottle opener? LOL I was trying to get my hands on one all weekend.

Reebok actually owns CCM bought them out over 10 years ago. Reebok has actually changed all the NHL gear and hockey gear to the CCM branding now, instead of having both reebok and CCM branding,  being CCM was a bigger hockey name. 

Nice find, those are the sample CW of the squadron blues, notice the white to yellow fade on the the swoosh. the general release only had a white swoosh.  Nice pick up. 

Good eye. They also have the original mesh on the toe box

I highly regret not picking up that color. Anyone know where I can still get those? Talking about that colo that homie picked up at Nordstrom.

Dang, thanks for the insight. I'm pretty sure they had a few more pairs, size 10 only of course. Might have to make a run 

Reebok actually owns CCM bought them out over 10 years ago. Reebok has actually changed all the NHL gear and hockey gear to the CCM branding now, instead of having both reebok and CCM branding,  being CCM was a bigger hockey name. 
I didn't know that, thanks for enlightening me! My CCM jersey is definitely before the reebok tainting.

@ooIRON MANoo
 You wanna sell that Rogue bottle opener? LOL I was trying to get my hands on one all weekend.

Adidas is taking over in 16-17 in the NHL.

@ooIRON MANoo
 You wanna sell that Rogue bottle opener? LOL I was trying to get my hands on one all weekend.

You can grab one of those openers over at Rogue Supply for less than $15.

Now, back to Metcons, what's the word on a Games drop? Any new news?

If anyone goes to a Sports Authority today I'm curious what kind of deals they have.
the 2' were on sale for 117. not a huge discount, and they didn't have many colors or sizes left.  My store was suppose to be one of the stores staying open until they announced the final closing of all stores. Prior to that announcement they had started to ship items out to closing stores.  

Any news on the pair over Bridges' right shoulder?  The Mint Green/White/Black ones?  Don't think they're ID cause that green doesn't seem to be available.

Thanks!

Anyone know what kind of shoes Brooke Weels was wearing today during event 1? Never seen those lifters before.

Back
Top Bottom