NIKE METCON THREAD - 7s out now

Do the Metcon 2 Amps run slightly smaller than the regular 2s? I know they did in the 1s.
They should run the same size.  Its hit and miss though between each shoe, some fit more snug than other, but I cant say its a general issue between amps or not.  I have every pair of AMPs and 2's and each pair fits slightly different. I still go TTS on all of them.

@RAFSJAYS holla at me. I do customizing and am producing my line of fitness wear that is about to drop. iDENTIFY:ELITE

does anyone know if they're planning to come out with a pre games color way similar to the banned from last year?

does anyone know if they're planning to come out with a pre games color way similar to the banned from last year?
I sure hope so.

Yesterday Reebok sent out a formal statement to volunteers & staff stating "Since you will be "working" with Reebok at Regionals, you will be required to wear only Reebok gear, no competitor gear will be allowed." I get their reasoning, working for Reebok, support Reebok, but this is the first year they have ever made anuniform brand mandatory.

Last year, or any year before this, they didn't seem to care that I had Metcons (or Nike brand gear on prior to Metcons being released) on while working as a filmer or photographer, but they aren't having it this year :tongue:

that's crazy to people who are volunteering wear a certain brand. it's gonna get to the point where their either gonna have supply a uniform for volunteers to wear or start paying people

I sure hope so.

Yesterday Reebok sent out a formal statement to volunteers & staff stating "Since you will be "working" with Reebok at Regionals, you will be required to wear only Reebok gear, no competitor gear will be allowed." I get their reasoning, working for Reebok, support Reebok, but this is the first year they have ever made anuniform brand mandatory.

Last year, or any year before this, they didn't seem to care that I had Metcons (or Nike brand gear on prior to Metcons being released) on while working as a filmer or photographer, but they aren't having it this year :tongue:
If they really mandate it, they need to provide all volunteers with Reebok gear... I know they usually offer Nanos to the judges, but they can't expect everyone to have them.

If they really mandate it, they need to provide all volunteers with Reebok gear... I know they usually offer Nanos to the judges, but they can't expect everyone to have them.
All they give the volunteers are shirts for the team they are on. Staff members sometimes get shoes but we never HAD to wear them, they were just part of the "swag bag" they gave out. Ive never been a fan of the Nanos. Ive always thought it was strange Reebok didnt give out more to the volunteers.

Other comps Ive covered give out full outfits (shoes, socks, shorts, hats, shirts, etc)

They jipped the regionals athletes this year too. Last year the swag bag has kicks,clothes, etc. This year they cheaped out and only gave a t-shirt,socks,a cheap string bag and a bottle. Like c'mon man these dudes grind all year to get to regionals, a little something would be nice.

All they give the volunteers are shirts for the team they are on. Staff members sometimes get shoes but we never HAD to wear them, they were just part of the "swag bag" they gave out. Ive never been a fan of the Nanos. Ive always thought it was strange Reebok didnt give out more to the volunteers.

Other comps Ive covered give out full outfits (shoes, socks, shorts, hats, shirts, etc)
I worked Invitationals when it was held in SJ and they gave us nano 4s, shorts, and shirts, as well as more food than we could eat. Not sure about the games, but regionals its just shirts, but I know that at atlas with Invitationals they wanted everyone to look uniform out on the floor, so everyone was given gear to ensure that.

I'd assume that at the games it'd be the same, I could be wrong.

I saw a lot of MetCons on volunteers at the California Regional, :lol:.

I don't think Reebok has the funding clout to outfit the volunteers and athletes at Regionals. They just don't.

I don't blame CF for getting in bed with Reebok, at the time they did it, it was a huuuuuge deal for CF and now it's turning out to be the lifeline Reebok needed to stay alive. Reebok needs CF more than CF needs Reebok at this point.

Reebok is just Reebok, same reason the NFL dumped them. They just don't do enough on the marketing side, they do half-*** campaigns, hence the "exclusive rights" contracts they like to have.

2020 is going to be interesting if CF, the sport and the fitness methodology, continues to grow. Nike and Under Armor are both going to go for the contract. I don't see Reebok being around beyond 2020.

Volunteered at the CF Games in 2014 and 2015. Plan to do it this year. You do get hooked up, last year, IIRC:

-Nano 2's
-Rx Smart Gear Jump Rope
-Qalo rings (set of 2)
-3 shirts (1 for each day worked)
- TDC shirt :smile:lol)
-Headband
-Rogue Bottle Opener
-Aluminum Water Bottle
-Plastic Water Bottle
-Drawstring bags
-25% coupon for reebok
-A pair of Rehband Knee Sleeves (I came up on 6 pairs :lol:)
-Reebok Gym Bag
-Portable Phone Charger

-Tons of food, kill cliff and starbucks

Last edited:
-Nano 2's
-Rx Smart Gear Jump Rope
-Qalo rings (set of 2)
- TDC shirt (
laugh.gif
)
-Headband
-Rogue Bottle Opener
-Aluminum Water Bottle
-Plastic Water Bottle
-Drawstring bags
-25% coupon for reebok
-A pair of Rehband Knee Sleeves (I came up on 6 pairs
laugh.gif
)
-Reebok Gym Bag
-Portable Phone Charger

pimp.gif

I saw a lot of MetCons on volunteers at the California Regional,
laugh.gif

I don't think Reebok has the funding clout to outfit the volunteers and athletes at Regionals. They just don't.

I don't blame CF for getting in bed with Reebok, at the time they did it, it was a huuuuuge deal for CF and now it's turning out to be the lifeline Reebok needed to stay alive. Reebok needs CF more than CF needs Reebok at this point.

Reebok is just Reebok, same reason the NFL dumped them. They just don't do enough on the marketing side, they do half-*** campaigns, hence the "exclusive rights" contracts they like to have.

2020 is going to be interesting if CF, the sport and the fitness methodology, continues to grow. Nike and Under Armor are both going to go for the contract. I don't see Reebok being around beyond 2020.

Volunteered at the CF Games in 2014 and 2015. Plan to do it this year. You do get hooked up, last year, IIRC:

-Nano 2's
-Rx Smart Gear Jump Rope
-Qalo rings (set of 2)
- TDC shirt (
laugh.gif
)
-Headband
-Rogue Bottle Opener
-Aluminum Water Bottle
-Plastic Water Bottle
-Drawstring bags
-25% coupon for reebok
-A pair of Rehband Knee Sleeves (I came up on 6 pairs
laugh.gif
)
-Reebok Gym Bag
-Portable Phone Charger

Yea. This change starts as of this weekends regionals and so forth. Hella strange but whatever, maybe theyll supply people with more gear. The games are totally different, they give out so much more gear.

Only thing Reebok has besides Crossfit is UFC which they just picked up just recently. They also made outfit rules for athletes with other sponsors there as well.

2020 needs to hurry up! :tongue: 

damn, volunteering would be dope! I wouldn't even know how to go about it. do you have to do a course or anything?

Last edited:
damn, volunteering would be dope! I wouldn't even know how to go about it. do you have to do a course or anything?

I thought about signing up as a volunteer for the Cali regional but i had the spartan race this past weekend.

Just got my crossfit games tickets in :smokin

:nerd: need to find a box with open gym in the evening near anaheim. Traveling for work next week and i would like to give some of the workouts in before my local comp on the 28th

Anybody know where I would be able to get the total crimson amp metcon 2's in 10.5. Or does anybody know if they will be restocked?

I thought about signing up as a volunteer for the Cali regional but i had the spartan race this past weekend.

Just got my crossfit games tickets in :smokin

:nerd: need to find a box with open gym in the evening near anaheim. Traveling for work next week and i would like to give some of the workouts in before my local comp on the 28th
CrossFit RXD is nice, close to Anaheim. I dropped in there once.

not metcon related l, but anyone have or know some one with a power dot unit?

it's peaked my interest and may pick one up. not much info in the way of reviews about it yet though

Back
Top Bottom