NIKE METCON THREAD - 7s out now

I lucked out with a Volt pair from NDC on release day, and have orders in with Road Runner and Foot Locker now. Has anyone gotten confirmation that the FL black pair is in fact different than the NDC black pair? The FL pair has a black midsole and NDC has grey.

Lol I thought that was funny when I saw CrossFit post it. Don't make it obvious what you're responding to or anything haha. They really will be pissed when Fraser, Bridges, and Lauren Fisher show up to the REEBOK CrossFit Games wearing Nikes... Especially if Fraser does as well as I expect him to. Wouldn't do for RBK to have a Nike athlete win their signature event, would it?

Unless Crossfit and Reebok ban any other brand to be worn like they did this past year.

Yea I wouldn't be surprised if they make everyone wear RBK stuff. It is there event. How much longer to the have the rights to it?

^ They signed a 10 year deal in 2011 so there's still a long time left to run on it.

If they have a 'Reebok only' policy again this year I expect the Nike sponsored athletes will wear blacked-out versions (Like josh Bridges did last year) to get around it.

Many people are crying out for an alternative to Nanos/RBK lifters so I can't see CrossFit being able to continue the Reebok only stance much longer without loosing a load of high profile athletes.

Its not only to Nike either, Inov8 are also big in to CrossFit and are making moves with their new shoes and the signing of Dan Bailey & Anna Tunnicliffe.

View media item 1396537

Bridges only wore the blackout versions in the regionals and they were only blacked out for testing still not because they weren't allowed. At regionals there was no specific brand ban, only Reebok gear was allowed at the actual Games though.

Last edited:
I wasn't aware of that. Seems overboard but I guess Glassman IS kinda known for that lol. Either way I just want FTL to stop playing and send my pair.

latest

Alright talked to an FTL rep who spoke with her supervisor. An ordered was placed with Nike for the sizes showing as back-ordered, the shoes are on their way, when they are supposed to be there, not sure...it's day to day. So that's completely different then what the lady told me on the 6th which was I had been refunded.

NDC Restock is UP.  Did free 2 day shipping should have mine by Friday and planning to work out in them Saturday.  Will post some thoughts.

Last edited:
The hold was lifted on mine. No charge on CC now. But my order number still says "Open" when i try to track it

I ordered with Footlocker btw. I know they usually charge when the item is shipped i hope that is that case and i didn't get canceled

Honestly really sick of the bulls**t Nike is pulling on these. Just make the damn shoes available! They aren't limited Js or Kobe elites. Let us have our work out shoes to work out in, pretty freaking please.

At this point, you have to think there is a production issue with the blue/orange/black pairs.

Have they ever stocked that colour way?

To me anyway, it seems those are being purposely limited more rather than a production issue. That is the pair that was floating around for the longest as a glimpse. Josh Bridges posted that pair so maybe it was a limited CW. I don't really have a problem with Nike going limited color ways but put the basic stuff like grey/volt and all blacks up for purchase.

Appreciate it repped. I am going to assume i have my footlocker pair but kinda want to order another one just to be safe

To me anyway, it seems those are being purposely limited more rather than a production issue. That is the pair that was floating around for the longest as a glimpse. Josh Bridges posted that pair so maybe it was a limited CW. I don't really have a problem with Nike going limited color ways but put the basic stuff like grey/volt and all blacks up for purchase.

I do hate it when Nike does that. A generic black and white pair should always be available as a general release to the public.

It really pissed me off when the Kobe 9s with black uppers and white midsole were an NRG and a very limited edition that was almost impossible to get.

The fact these aren't available at all in Canada until at least mid March is also ridiculous.

These shoes have been hyped for months.

This release is annoying because we are all excited to use the shoes. I don't even care about the color really :lol: I just want to test them out. Its like when i buy new soccer cleats im excited to beat them up.

Back
Top Bottom