NIKE METCON THREAD - 7s out now

wonder how the heel support is for squats.

I've never used Oly/weightlifting shoes, but these feel very, very good for squats. I've been squatting heavy in the Blacks for weeks and I haven't run into any issues. I used to squat in Chucks and I think I prefer the Metcons.

Like dude said a few posts back, they aren't lifting shoes but they are as close as you can get without compromising other functionality of the shoe. Great for lifting and awesome for cardio/Metcons/etc

wonder how the heel support is for squats.
Honestly, you can't compare them to nanos. When you go heavy on the squats with them, you feel your heel sink into the heel cup and mold into it and lock in. It's a very stable feel that allows you to drive with your hams and calves while still using quads. I felt that with nanos I used more quad than anything. With these, I feel a full leg work when I squat and no pain to the hip flexors.

Bay Area folks still on the hunt:
View media item 1494288
I'm confused , selling for 145 but that's not at a profit ? We all know retail is 120 and 130 so where does the extra 15 come from .. did this guy pY retail tax and shipping and is now reselling?

My guess is he's paying retail plus tax (maybe shipping) and is just trying to help people out.
Pretty nice of him, and not a bad deal at all if you're looking for the shoes.

My guess is he's paying retail plus tax (maybe shipping) and is just trying to help people out.
Pretty nice of him, and not a bad deal at all if you're looking for the shoes.
I got my AMPs from Nike and it came out to $143 (after CA tax), If he's making profit, its $2 LOL. I honestly think he's trying to help out the crossfit community.

:lol: right when its all said and done for the CA residents they are paying $2 over retail for the AMPs and 15 over retail for the regular Metcons

Anyone in the LA area house hoh in santa monica has the orange/grey, camos, black/silver and red/grey ... 

If anyone is still looking for the camos just came from my sports authority. They still have sizes 8-13 about 1 of each. 

I got my AMPs from Nike and it came out to $143 (after CA tax), If he's making profit, its $2 LOL. I honestly think he's trying to help out the crossfit community.
It depends where you live also, each city/ county in CA has a different sales tax amounts. 

Yup the sales tax rate is different depending on the city and county in CA but the state sales tax is 7.5% and could but has high as 10% depending on city and county. On a purchase of pair of shoes that retail 120. The difference in tax would be $3 at most.

Not like making purchase on a car or something.

Back to the shoes. Reminder that camos dropped on FNL tomorrow morning for those still searching

Yup the sales tax rate is different depending on the city and county in CA but the state sales tax is 7.5% and could but has high as 10% depending on city and county. On a purchase of pair of shoes that retail 120. The difference in tax would be $3 at most.

Not like making purchase on a car or something.

Back to the shoes. Reminder that camos dropped on FNL tomorrow morning for those still searching
What time do they usually drop? I'll be up at 4am pacific time for work.

Fresh says camos will drop today on FNL at 7am pacific time.

Previous drops on FNL, we weren't able to add to cart til about 7:15 lol

Workout out in my camos yesterday for the fist time. It was a leg workout. I was impressed with the shoe. I began my workout with single leg RDL, went to lunges next, and completed the workout with deadlifts and squats.

As mentioned by another member when descending during squats I could feel my heel lock in, leading to a balanced leg drive from all muscles.

I also did some light lateral agility work. The shoes felt great. Hate that the anthracite pair is too small and going back to Nike. Definitely need other pairs.

Back
Top Bottom