NIKE METCON THREAD - 7s out now

I think Wells will do extremely well, and probably end up on the podium. My ladies pick this year is Emily Bridgers.

I like all this talk about the dudes but is anyone with me that thinks Brooke Wells is gonna kill it?

Anyone?

Any..

..one?
Literally no one is going to **** with Kara Webb this year.  She would've ran away with it last year had she not gotten injured... Going into Sunday the commentators actually said unless a catastrophe happens, Kara Webb will win, then catastrophe struck...

My top 5 in no particular order:

Kara Webb

Samantha Briggs

CLB

Bridgers

Thorisdottir

Dark horse:

Sara Sigmundsdottir

Wells will be top 10, but as a rookie, this year is just an experience year for her...

Literally no one is going to **** with Kara Webb this year.  She would've ran away with it last year had she not gotten injured... Going into Sunday the commentators actually said unless a catastrophe happens, Kara Webb will win, then catastrophe struck...

My top 5 in no particular order:

Kara Webb

Samantha Briggs

CLB

Bridgers

Thorisdottir

Dark horse:

Sara Sigmundsdottir

Wells will be top 10, but as a rookie, this year is just an experience year for her...
my top 5 (in no order)

Wells

Bridgers

Thorisdottir

CLB

Briggs

Dark horse:

Sara Sigmundsdottir
I dont think you can call her a dark horse.  She won ECC, she ran away with a stacked women's Meridian region, and she's won several comps over in Europe over the last year.  She's my pick to win the whole thing, she's so well rounded it's going to be tough to beat her.  

I actually dont think there's going to be any USA women on the podium this year.  Kara and Camille are my other picks for podium.  With Annie and Briggs making strong showings.

But if there was a Dat a.$.$ award, it would absolutely go to Brooke Wells.  Just sayin...

Last edited:

I dont think you can call her a dark horse.  She won ECC, she ran away with a stacked women's Meridian region, and she's won several comps over in Europe over the last year.  She's my pick to win the whole thing, she's so well rounded it's going to be tough to beat her.  

I actually dont think there's going to be any USA women on the podium this year.  Kara and Camille are my other picks for podium.  With Annie and Briggs making strong showings.

But if there was a Dat a.$.$ award, it would absolutely go to Brooke Wells.  Just sayin...
................daht buht..................

Not bad. Glad you posted these. Just got a pair of prototypes of this colorway and wondering what laces will look good in them. Will probably have to dig through the earlier part of this thread as well...
Nice pickup! These are the black/volt from rope lace supply.

I only follow the chicks who I think are hot [emoji]128546[/emoji][emoji]128546[/emoji][emoji]128546[/emoji]

Top 5 Men
Fraser
Panchik
Smith
Vigneault
Olsen

Top 5 Women
Webb
CLB
Annie
Briggs
Bridgers

Top 5 Babes
Brooke Wells
Jackie Perez
Nikki Leonard
Julie Foucher
Nadia Shatila

Top 5 Metcon CW's
Wolf Grey/Gums
Banned
Fraser's
Camo/Amp
'Merica's

Last edited:
Top 5 Men
Frazer
Panchik
Smith
Vigneault
Olsen

Top 5 Women
Webb
CLB
Annie
Briggs
Bridgers

Top 5 Babes
Brooke Wells
Jackie Perez
Nikki Leonard
Julie Foucher
Nadia Shatila

Top 5 Metcon CW's
Wolf Grey/Gums
Banned
Frazer's
Camo/Amp
'Merica's
"top 5 babes" ahahah

I don't see Noah winning, he has the same problem Josh Bridges has and that is when heavy weight is involved he struggles. Well, maybe he won't this year, but last year that is why he lost the lead and never recovered.

Podium

Men
1. Frasier
2. Smith
3. Panchik

Women
1. Webb
2. CLB
3. Bridgers

Top 3 MetCon's
1. Volt
2. Frasier's
3. Grey/Gum

I'm confused.

Why am I seeing people name top 5 women and Camille Leblanc is not mentioned?

Am I missing something

Fraser winning this year just sets up the ultimate showdown for crossfit next year when Froning decides to compete as an individual again. Nike vs Reebok.  Ive always been a bit of a skeptic about a few things in crossfit, roids and games programming tailored to accomodate certain athletes.  I just wonder with Fraser being sponsored by Nike, if there will be an attempt to design the workouts to work against his strengths.  Or if the Fraser vs Froning showdown in 2016 is worth the Reebok Crossfit Games being won by a Nike athlete.

If history repeats itself Open winner will win the games.. Froning now Fraser...

I don't see Noah winning, he has the same problem Josh Bridges has and that is when heavy weight is involved he struggles. Well, maybe he won't this year, but last year that is why he lost the lead and never recovered.

Podium

Men
1. Frasier
2. Smith
3. Panchik

Women
1. Webb
2. CLB
3. Bridgers

Top 3 MetCon's
1. Volt
2. Frasier's