NIKE METCON THREAD - 7s out now

I've been trying to get my hands on a pair of them. Have a second cousin that goes to school there that I keep trying to get a pair from one of the athletes.

I had a line on an 11 a while ago. Seller wanted far more than I wanted to spend.

Man this thread is bad for my wallet. Ever since I bought the red 2s and realized I like the 1s better, I've been able to get my hands on a pair of OG volts, game royals, and the anthracite/ blacks. Still looking for a second pair of grey gums 1s tho....

What is it that you like about the 1's better? Trying to decide on which to cop and all opinions help.

Maybe he finally sold them. I know for sure he had them up for a while, then he took them down only to put them back up a few days later.

Ya, I talked to him too, but said he wanted like 500 for them. If they were my size I would have actually considered it.

Ya, I talked to him too, but said he wanted like 500 for them. If they were my size I would have actually considered it.

$500 for something which isn't going to increase in value is a steep investment.. You couldn't wear them. I'd pay that for the 3m's but not the ducks I'm afraid.

$500 for something which isn't going to increase in value is a steep investment.. You couldn't wear them. I'd pay that for the 3m's but not the ducks I'm afraid.
I was thinking about buying that pair too but then I figured I'd just wait around and see what the P.E. 2 will look like.

Is there a post somewhere that shows ALL of the sample colorways from both the 1s and 2s? Or at least all of the 1s?

Only one guy at my gym has NO BULLS, he raves about them. However, they don't look aesthetically pleasing.

Thinking of getting a Strike Movement pair, with zero intentions of wearing them at the gym :lol: Paoli makes them look good casually.

Only one guy at my gym has NO BULLS, he raves about them. However, they don't look aesthetically pleasing.

Thinking of getting a Strike Movement pair, with zero intentions of wearing them at the gym :lol: Paoli makes them look good casually.

My man.. I have the Chill Pills and the Intervals. Love them both. They are my every day shoe.. I'll probably snag another pair soon. But trust me. Go half size down or you'll be returning them. I'm a 10 in metcons and 9.5 in Str/ke Mvmnt shoes..

My plan with the No Bull shoes was to test them out and worse case let them be an every day shoe since they're so simple looking..

View media item 1913503

Last edited:
I can roll with the strike movement shoes. They have some pairs and color ways that look good. No Bull shoes just look terrible.

I wear out certain pairs of metcons. Might grab those camo strike movements, they look like a good shoe to have in the Arsenal of casual and gym shoe. I go from work to gym to out a lot so having a versatile shoe helps.

jewelknows jewelknows

Great to wear with everything (Jeans, joggers, shorts).. I don't run or exercise in them bc I don't think my foot is conditioned for a shoe so minimal.. They're light as hell and comfortable for sure.. Honestly, when you first get them you might not be impressed but after you wear them for a couple days you'll appreciate them.. Best way I can describe it..

What is it that you like about the 1's better? Trying to decide on which to cop and all opinions help.
Reasons I like the 1s better:

1) the big swoosh on both sides of the shoe

2) the inside of the 1s seem to be more cushiony than the inside of the 2s. Both are very stable, but the 1s just feel better on my feet. I don't think you can go wrong with either the 1s or the 2s though. 

The price point of the 1's, especially if it keeps going south, is more than enough reason for me.   The difference b/w 1's and 2's for me is minimal.  If I can start picking them up @ $65-$70/pair, I'll keep buying.  

I ran my dove grey and lava reds through the wash, and DAMN! they look new.  

Only thing I like more about the 1s over the 2s were the colorways during initial release of the 1s

aside from a few colors for the 2s so far its been :smh:

Last edited:
Only thing I like more about the 1s over the 2s were the colorways during initial release of the 1s

aside from a few colors for the 2s so far its been :smh:

True so far the 1s cw's are much better. And man those Reebok kicks :smh: . their shoes would look much better without all the graffiti. :x

aside from a few colors for the 2s so far its been
mean.gif
First wave is always lacking in cws.  Wave 2 and 3 will have much better choices if the past is any indicator.

for those of you that have the nano 5.0, how do they perform in terms of lifting, running, etc :nerd:

I like the nano 4.0s for wods with any types of sprint. but in terms of lifting.... metcons >

wanted to pick up a pair of 5.0 since they are slashing prices to get ready for the 6.0

Last edited:
Tried the 3x blacks on and saw them live for the first time today. They look better to me in person and not bad on foot. May have to hit up RRS. Also tried on the new reebok TRs they were meh not a fan. Good concept to combine running shoe with nano/metcon tech but didn't like them. I've heard rumors Nike has something similar coming. Hopefully it will be much better as that would be great for running WODs.

Last edited:
for those of you that have the nano 5.0, how are do they perform in terms of lifting, running, etc :nerd:

I like the nano 4.0s for wods with any types of sprint. but in terms of lifting.... metcons >

wanted to pick up a pair of 5.0 since they are slashing prices to get ready for the 6.0

I have 1 pair of 5.0 and tbh they are great. The crossfit graffiti on them are just awful. Great for runnign and rope climbs imo.

for those of you that have the nano 5.0, how do they perform in terms of lifting, running, etc :nerd:

The 5.0s are very comparable to Metcons in terms of performance during lifting and WODs. They feel more stable to me, but not as comfortable or well built as the metcons. While the writing on them makes them ugly, they are definitely worth getting especially with how inexpensive they are now. Overall the 5.0 is the best performing Nano IMHO

The 5.0s are very comparable to Metcons in terms of performance during lifting and WODs. They feel more stable to me, but not as comfortable or well built as the metcons. While the writing on them makes them ugly, they are definitely worth getting especially with how inexpensive they are now. Overall the 5.0 is the best performing Nano IMHO

How are they for wods with any type of running/sprints ? I prefer my nano 4.0 for wods with running over my metcons

Thanks

How are they for wods with any type of running/sprints ? I prefer my nano 4.0 for wods with running over my metcons

Thanks

To me, 5.0s are better than the 4.0s at everything. Running in 5.0s vs metcons is probably the same-maybe slight edge to the 5.0s since they have better traction especially when the ground is wet.

Back
Top Bottom