NIKE METCON THREAD - 7s out now

for those of you that have the nano 5.0, how do they perform in terms of lifting, running, etc :nerd:

I like the nano 4.0s for wods with any types of sprint. but in terms of lifting.... metcons >

wanted to pick up a pair of 5.0 since they are slashing prices to get ready for the 6.0

Nano 5.0 is ridiculously wide... Insole is way too thin.. Awful for running DU's box jumps etc.

My brother is a Reebok dude.. Old school crossfitters who's nano addiction is worse than my Metcon addiction.. He swears by the new TR's.. I tried them on and liked them better than the nano 5.0s but wouldn't trade them in for my metcons..

Won some Banneds on eBay. For under retail. I missed out when they came out, so glad I got a pair finally!

I got my first pair of metcons in the other day. I'm not the hugest cross fit person, but I do like to do exercise often. Anyways, I'm def in the minority here since most people have a lot of these things, but I was pretty disappointed in these, especially considering the price point. One thing that really was a deal breaker for me is how high the ankle cuts are. They really dug into the balls of my ankle. These will be headed back to the store.

2s fits exactly the same as 1s?
I went 9.5 in the 1s after trying a 10 which I am in Nike running shoes.  The 10s in the 1s slipped too much even after breaking them in.  Went with size 10 in the 2s after trying the 9.5 and like them better.  So for me I went back to my Nike running shoe size in the 2s.  Done multiple workouts in them now and would stay with that size.  I'd recommend trying them on if you can.

Anyone who ordered iD with the logo/emblems on the outer heel? I ordered mine with one of the emblems but I'm kind of regretting it. 

I'm wondering if it's just paint inside the logo/emblem and it would come off with some paint remover. 

Of course the homers are up after I ordered them off eBay from freaking Korea last week. Hopefully I get them in in a decent time frame.

Homer   - Man can't stand that term much prefer UCLAs or a variety of other terms.  Call them Homers and you'll drop a kettlebell on your foot during a WOD and end up saying DOH all the time when you hurt your back.
laugh.gif

Homer  - Man can't stand that term much prefer UCLAs or a variety of other terms.  Call them Homers and you'll drop a kettlebell on your foot during a WOD and end up saying DOH all the time when you hurt your back. :lol:  

Lol! True that.. Calling them Homers isn't the best sales pitch..

If they would've had a gum sole like the SB's, definitely would've dubbed them "Homers". They don't so they can be called "UCLA's". As ugly as the name. :lol:

I got my first pair of metcons in the other day. I'm not the hugest cross fit person, but I do like to do exercise often. Anyways, I'm def in the minority here since most people have a lot of these things, but I was pretty disappointed in these, especially considering the price point. One thing that really was a deal breaker for me is how high the ankle cuts are. They really dug into the balls of my ankle. These will be headed back to the store.

Me too. Tried them on and put then straight on eBay. I wish i would have just copped on NDC so i could return them with no hassle.

On another note.

Never been a fan of inov8 but pretty sad to see a company that's been involved with Crossfit almost as long as rebook pretty much drop the ball on catering to the market.

Seriously who ever designed these needs to be fired...

View media item 1921979

Last edited:
If they would've had a gum sole like the SB's, definitely would've dubbed them "Homers". They don't so they can be called "UCLA's". As ugly as the name.
laugh.gif
I'm sure you would have preferred some Crimson/White/Univ. Gold options for the metcons right.
smile.gif

Last edited:
got my IDs as i was leaing the house. the ups been knowing me for over a decade so he stopped me, gave me daps and talked about da warriors.

anyway they nice. can't wait to play in them.

Back
Top Bottom