Nike NBA Apparel and Jersey Thread: 2017-18 NBA Season Takeover

Team stores are customized for the most part. One being better than the other is a matter of preference. Ndc is cleaner yes, there is no paper on the inside of the jersey and they’re generally a cleaner straighter stitch. That being said the jerseys on court aren’t perfectly straight and it doesn’t bother me as much. I attached pics of my brons. My city authentic is from the laker store and the quality is that of a knock off. The numbers are off center. The piping down the jersey isnt straight. The ndc is cleaner obviously but I had to get a patch to put on which was a pain.

thanks for this info!

Hate how the number on the Caruso authentic from Lakers Store is so off center. Annoys me everytime I see it.

wish i can wear jerseys man... but as a husky boy i have to buy a 2x then wear a shirt underneath.... don't think it's a good look depending how long it is....
giphy.gif

Shirt underneath >>>>

do yo thing playboy, jerseys always look good. You can always take your jersey to an alteration shop and have them alter the fit to your liking.

I called the Grizz den store and they said the manager told them they will receive the jerseys first and then they are going to put the patches on them in store and then ship them out for the pre-orders.

I wonder of they have any authentic jerseys in stock & if they do phone orders :emoji_thinking:

Team stores are customized for the most part. One being better than the other is a matter of preference. Ndc is cleaner yes, there is no paper on the inside of the jersey and they’re generally a cleaner straighter stitch. That being said the jerseys on court aren’t perfectly straight and it doesn’t bother me as much. I attached pics of my brons. My city authentic is from the laker store and the quality is that of a knock off. The numbers are off center. The piping down the jersey isnt straight. The ndc is cleaner obviously but I had to get a patch to put on which was a pain.

weird, I got the city edition from lakers store the first day it was released last year, it was identical to NDC orders, probably only the first batch.

Warriors store got all jerseys with zig zag stitching, even better than NDC ones.

was
I need to call the Lakers team store for authentic Bron with the patch

I’d just order it online. Calling doesn’t get you any further. Their service is meh for out of staters.

was

I’d just order it online. Calling doesn’t get you any further. Their service is meh for out of staters.

They sold out in my size. Guess I’ll keep checking every other day

Last edited:
Sorry for all the questions but I’m new to jerseys. And I seem to get the best advice here. So y’all dropped info on store authentics and NDC authentics. Then I found theses. Where do these rank in terms of quality?

Ordered a city Luka last night on DallasMavs.Shop. It was $50 extra but fudge it... lol

It's extra money, but at least you're getting something resembling what they wear on court, especially if you're a purist like that.

I know the city jersey last year went on sale for like $150 and the statement with the Nike logo did too but they're always out of XL. I'm 6'4'' and don't like it when my stomach shows when I lift my long *** arms lol.

Why don't you just go with a size 56/XXL in these Nike versions with your height?

I'm 6' and I wear that size myself.

Of course Nike restocks the Luka jersey the day after I pay $58 extra on the Mavs shop... Now I have to ask myself, "Is the Chime patch worth the extra money?" Not going to lie I'm pretty mad... but life goes on lol.
CC7A5374-1D77-429D-9F04-0DD3C3141FB1.jpeg

Got this in today. $50 sponsor patch 😂

It's nice that you have it authentic like that with the patch.

The only jersey I have without the patch is the beginning of Nikes new deal with nba and the statement Luka jersey. They both didn’t have patches at one time so I’m cool with it lol.

I'm in the same boat not having a patch on the 2020 to present version royal Mavericks Doncic jersey that I got recently, and it's OK with me since the Mavs didn't have a patch on their jerseys for a brief period last season because they were transitioning to another sponsor. I actually posted about that previously on here.

I agree with your point about not having a patch on because it's technically accurate if a team doesn't have one during a period of a regular season.

Leme get this correct!
Only team stores sell jerseys with the patch. I’m starting to like the patches and would want close to what the players are wearing

Yes, the team stores sell jerseys with the patches.

But some do add patches for a fee if you bring it to them. I know the Team LA Store in Staples Center and the Lakers Team Shop in El Segundo will do them for Lakers jerseys for $10 apiece. I'm hoping Team LA Store reopens soon because I need to take my yellow, purple, and white Lakers LeBron jerseys to them to have the "Wish" patches applied on them. And I hope they still have those prior versions available because the Lakers are wearing revised "Wish Shopping" patches now.

And there are some authentic jerseys with sponsor patches that are randomly available on the Fanatics/NBA Store websites like these here...

ok thanks!
but according to some members on this site NDC > team store
as far as authentic jerseys?

I would say it's better to go with an authentic jersey produced in a Nike factory because the stitching of the numbers will be accurate with the kiss-cut style. A lot of us seem to be purists who prefer accuracy on here so we tend to go that route. You'll just have to live without having a sponsor's patch if you get a Nike-made version.

A majority of the jerseys in the team stores are customized, especially with the less popular players on the team. A representative from the Team LA website acknowledged that when I called them to inquire over a year ago, but she said most of the LeBron jerseys come directly from Nike since he's a marquee name that's mass produced. I believe they have the accurate stitching style, but there's quality and detail issues according to people on here. The only incentive to buy from them is the sponsors patches.

Avoid going the customized route that's offered on some websites because they have the inaccurate layered stitching style when these Nike versions should be kiss-cut. And you won't be able to return them because they're customized. You can never return customized jerseys due to dissatisfaction.

Just wanted to share my Lebron authentic I purchased from Nike in October, I got the wish patch from ebay, KB and finals patch from the lakerstore and black stripe I purchased from Walmart online. Just got them sewed on the other day and wanted to share :smile:
C1641824-5CFC-4CC5-96AC-1C12A32F61F3.jpeg
DBAB561C-544D-48F6-BDC4-1DA4B6453F98.jpeg
angle of this pic makes the finals patch look crooked but it’s not I promise 😂
FAC8C0D3-EA0C-428D-8C8C-DD7C9CD20ACA.jpeg
9E9E4983-7439-46A7-BCAE-707E8C0BF726.jpeg

Saw the Home Rayguns Jersey in person today. It’s a really dope design! However, the only thing that I don’t like is the wide shoulder section. It reminds me of the early 2000s 76ers jersey, which I was not a big fan of.

Loving my Curry authentic, wish I got Klay too instead of the swingman.

just got my grizzlies throwback shorts, sick in person

but the damn logo is so thin and all crumbled, feel like its gonna be destroyed after a single wash

just got my grizzlies throwback shorts, sick in person

but the damn logo is so thin and all crumbled, feel like its gonna be destroyed after a single wash

Agreed. I liked the silk screen better on last years. It’s better than the flimsy patch on this years.

I got this black Bucks jerseys recently. It's the first time I ever had a Jordan Brand jersey. Although I prefer the green motif of the Bucks, this black one is unique despite black being too common with jerseys, especially with the deer head and stripes on the front. The eyes, ears, and snout on the deer head are rubberized whereas the outlines on it are stitched. The "FEAR THE DEER" message on the lower left front is rubberized too whereas it's stitched on the green and white versions I have.
IMG_4952.JPG
IMG_4954.JPG

Back
Top Bottom