Nike PG 5 - $110 - Out Now

I’m liking the new id layout
60DD2E98-4C34-4A25-AF01-B535016A5254.png

I like the new ID version to and love see all the ID's being made. I'm interested in the PS especially the white pair. Seems like the white pair is crimson tint so we'll see how they look in person if I can cop.

Hey guys, just created an account, after searching around for a while for a good pair of bball sneaks, i settled on the PG5.....im not a fan of the Kyrie's (no cushioning), and the Bron's are too expensive, esp for outdoor balling. I tried on the PG5's in the mall and they fit mad nice. I just ID'd a pair and went a half size up though bc they are mad narrow and I have a wide foot. I did a Duke colorway (blue and white) and ill post pics when they come.

I know some ppl have criticized the PG line in the past for weird fitting issues, shoes coming apart at the seams (Zion) , PG not wearing the 5's on a nightly basis and wearing older models even now in 2021, but overall this might be the best bball shoe of 2021 after all is said and one. It's basically got the same traction as the Kobe 9's which are legendary for their traction pattern and the only thing I wish it had was a full length Zoom Air unit like the KD's or a Air max unit like the Bron's. Not really sure how i feel about the Strobel unit, do you all like it? How do you feel about the cushioning? The Bron's feel like you're walking on a cloud. Woulda got the KD13's but the colorways for KD's are usually basura.

Another note is that these were sold out in my size ( 11) in 3 places (****'s, one Foot locker, and Finish line).....had to go to another foot locker 20 mins away to try mine on. So maybe these are either selling really well or Nike just aren't making many.

Hey guys, just created an account, after searching around for a while for a good pair of bball sneaks, i settled on the PG5.....im not a fan of the Kyrie's (no cushioning), and the Bron's are too expensive, esp for outdoor balling. I tried on the PG5's in the mall and they fit mad nice. I just ID'd a pair and went a half size up though bc they are mad narrow and I have a wide foot. I did a Duke colorway (blue and white) and ill post pics when they come.

I know some ppl have criticized the PG line in the past for weird fitting issues, shoes coming apart at the seams (Zion) , PG not wearing the 5's on a nightly basis and wearing older models even now in 2021, but overall this might be the best bball shoe of 2021 after all is said and one. It's basically got the same traction as the Kobe 9's which are legendary for their traction pattern and the only thing I wish it had was a full length Zoom Air unit like the KD's or a Air max unit like the Bron's. Not really sure how i feel about the Strobel unit, do you all like it? How do you feel about the cushioning? The Bron's feel like you're walking on a cloud. Woulda got the KD13's but the colorways for KD's are usually basura.

Another note is that these were sold out in my size ( 11) in 3 places (****'s, one Foot locker, and Finish line).....had to go to another foot locker 20 mins away to try mine on. So maybe these are either selling really well or Nike just aren't making many.
PG 5 for outdoors seems risky. It's got some pretty low durability ratings.

Yeah you have to get xdr/ep version if you are going to hoop outdoors in these. I hooped outdoors in my PG4s and they are almost bald in the forefoot area. Great for outdoors cushion-wise and the traction works but durability is somewhat of an issue. Definitely more of an issue with the PG5s tho.

Yeah you have to get xdr/ep version if you are going to hoop outdoors in these. I hooped outdoors in my PG4s and they are almost bald in the forefoot area. Great for outdoors cushion-wise and the traction works but durability is somewhat of an issue. Definitely more of an issue with the PG5s tho.

Definitely, I got the XDR rubber version for more durability.....Gyms are still closed where i live in NY so outdoor is all we got right now.

I wish on ID they'd let you pick the type of cushioning, I prefer the Zoom air over the Air Strobel personally. When i tried them on the Air Strobel didn't feel as bouncy as the Zoom air, If these had the full length zoom air like the KD's they'd be perfect.

I wish on ID they'd let you pick the type of cushioning, I prefer the Zoom air over the Air Strobel personally. When i tried them on the Air Strobel didn't feel as bouncy as the Zoom air, If these had the full length zoom air like the KD's they'd be perfect.
They would charge you another $20.

Nike is pretty brutal with their product tiers. Zoom strobel seems to be reserved for the $150 and up level as we've seen with the KD 12-14, Zoom UNVRS, and Cosmic Unity.

^ Yeah there are two colors that are dropping in may. I'm sure they will be easier to get since there is zero hype around this shoe and he's been wearing the 3s more often this season. Really weird...

I finally got my poor man’s bruce lee in.
They’re actually more comfortable than the kobe Vs for me 🤫
I also got the black xdr outsole but it doesn’t feel much different than the regular
1F082BE8-1C1B-4D22-8026-162D08EDE884.jpeg
E0553327-357C-4026-AAAA-0411447BFF25.jpeg
outsole in my opinion.

Bro these are fire! They really look like PG5 Bruce Lee's.....good job on the colors and where to place them. Do you really think they are more comfortbale than the Kobe 5's? Is it bc of the cushioning you think?

They would charge you another $20.

Nike is pretty brutal with their product tiers. Zoom strobel seems to be reserved for the $150 and up level as we've seen with the KD 12-14, Zoom UNVRS, and Cosmic Unity.

Yea I see that, it seems the Zoom strobel is reserved for the higher end sneakers in the Nike line.....Lebrons, KD's, Kobe Protro's etc.

Back
Top Bottom