Nike REACT ....INSTANT GO

35C9B173-9943-4284-B209-0C304A656E80.jpeg
New CW... found pic on IG story

I guess I lucked out and was never a victim of “pop gate”. I only have one pair. The navy pair but they’ve been worn pretty much everyday (picked up a week after launch) and haven’t experienced any problems.
Same. My one launch day pair has around 60+ plus miles of running alone, not to mention casual wear and no issues. Lucky it seems.

Spent the weekend with my brother and he was wearing his ER's.flyknit version.. shoe definitely has bounce ..but one annoying thing is they make a clicking/cracking sound where the two materials on the sole flex and come together.. he's only had them 2 weeks...

Needless to say he's not thrilled with them and just ordered some alphabouce shoes to replace them

edit - Jsut went back and read the past few pages.. my brother is definitely plagued by the "pop"

#Popgate

every running shoe these days has an "energy return" midsole, what separate Nike is the weight

Brooks has the DNA Amp they introduced last year for maximum energy return but I believe the weight on them is pretty close to boost

I have had at least 5 people come up to me and ask me about these

kind of crazy what marketing can do

every running shoe these days has an "energy return" midsole, what separate Nike is the weight

Brooks has the DNA Amp they introduced last year for maximum energy return but I believe the weight on them is pretty close to boost

I mean in terms of the materials science. Yes, "energy return" is the buzz word (even though it's really just lessening the energy lost), but the actual chemical makeup would be interesting to compare. The RMAT wasn't too heavy, either. I would say that Nike sort of "cheats" at weight, because they remove a lot of the outsole, which is the densest part. We'll see what the weight is on the Odyssey.

the rubber compounds very specific if we're talking about science and probably impossible see the exact difference

I don't think Nike cheats really, they sepcifically developed it to be light which also includes removing any sort of padding on the upper

this is something Hoka could have done but didn't (not if Cliftons got RMAT - read somewhere the newer ones were going to adapt it - but that line go heavier and heavier as the generations moved forward)

this is also something Brooks could have done but didn't

this is something Adidas did with UB by using PK and they're still heavy as bricks

in the end I don't see that as cheating, Nike "developed" their own bouncier yet lightweight version of rubber and combined it with their FK tech to shave off even more weight (tech they also "technically" invented)

You know it’s slow when we are talking about the take down model. Thumbs up Nike.

Odyssey isn't a downgrade, it's a lateral move. It's a light stability version of the Epic. The Legend React (and supposedly another, as yet unnamed model) will cater to the Big Box crowd. In running shoes, there's no such thing as "takedown". There's Performance ($100-180, what actual athletes wear, and what you can find in running specialty stores) and Big Box ($75-120, generally found only in ****'s and similar outlets).

Cushion levels are something else. In Performance Running, price does not indicate quality (and in fact few Olympians are using stupid pricey **** like Air Max), just amount of materials used.

Is it the same sole as epic react? It looks slightly thinner at the forefoot.

The materials are mesh, as opposed to epic flyknit. I would pay 120 for the same react foam sole.

Is it the same sole as epic react? It looks slightly thinner at the forefoot.

The materials are mesh, as opposed to epic flyknit. I would pay 120 for the same react foam sole.

While I don't know the Odyssey's stack height, I think that might be an illusion of the black outsole coming up on the sides a little.

Just pulled the trigger on the Odyssey Reacts from Macy's. Order went through ok. Let's see if I actually get them right away. I'm just really curious about the amount of stability these offer and I have a pair of Zoom Odyssey 2's I haven't worn yet for comparison.

Back
Top Bottom