Nike Sabrina 1

Saw these in person, thought they just looked basic.

Nothing bad to say about them, but also nothing that got me excited either.

Which cw? I think the embroidery can look fire on some IDs.

Team builds yeah def agree
The predominantly white pair.

But even in pics of other colorways I’ve seen the shoe just looks okay… gives me a team shoe vibe, something like the Nike Precision.

IMG_1757.jpeg

IMG_1756.jpeg

Not saying they look alike, but feel like these are two shoes that you’d find sitting close to each other at a local retailer… an sig shoe should stand out in a crowd, maybe we’ll see that with future models.

Park by me just got a renovation sponsored by the Nets/Liberty. It's not far from where they have their offices and practice court in Brooklyn. They used the Liberty's green for court accents it looks amazing. I need to ID some Sabrinas to match :lol:

1693763736082.jpeg

But even in pics of other colorways I’ve seen the shoe just looks okay… gives me a team shoe vibe, something like the Nike Precision.

IMG_1757.jpeg

IMG_1756.jpeg

Not saying they look alike, but feel like these are two shoes that you’d find sitting close to each other at a local retailer… an sig shoe should stand out in a crowd, maybe we’ll see that with future models.
That’s interesting, I haven’t seen em in person but I feel like these have so much detail and thought into em. They stand out to me.

If you wanna see a generic shoe look at the Giannis or PG lines lol. Unpopular opinion but even Lebrons.

IMG_1757.jpeg

IMG_1756.jpeg

Often times, the "1" model of a sig is not as premium as it's eventual predecessor(s).

With that being said, this "1" sig model is a lot better than most of its peers. (Past and present)

The og zoom generation at the time was 110 and wasn't as premium as other top of the line basketball releases of that time, although it was one of the better 1s. (Imo)

KD sigs had a few models in the beginning that were "run of the mill" as well.

Jordan 1s at the time seemed to be carbon copy dunks that had zero originality

Etc etc etc

I feel like nike plays the "low risk, high reward" game with new sigs and that's why we see average materials paired with average construction, very little tech and consumer friendly pricing.

Of course, just Imo

Last edited:
Park by me just got a renovation sponsored by the Nets/Liberty. It's not far from where they have their offices and practice court in Brooklyn. They used the Liberty's green for court accents it looks amazing. I need to ID some Sabrinas to match :lol:

1693763736082.jpeg
Dope.... I don't play out doors anymore but def worth a visit. What's the park name?

Often times, the "1" model of a sig is not as premium as it's eventual predecessor(s).

With that being said, this "1" sig model is a lot better than most of its peers. (Past and present)

The og zoom generation at the time was 110 and wasn't as premium as other top of the line basketball releases of that time, although it was one of the better 1s. (Imo)

Etc etc etc

I feel like nike plays the "low risk, high reward" game with new sigs and that's why we see average materials paired with average construction, very little tech and consumer friendly pricing.

Of course, just Imo
You literally ushered the words out my mouth. The first for most hoopers are always super basic(aesthetic wise). Heck look at Kobes 1st sig.... Ky's ... JO 1s...KDs...Giannis... Bron. nearly all of them. PGs were basic but they did venture from the norm adding a strap...imagine them without the strap.

These S1s give a story off bat... and she expressed she has spoke on the details.
I too feel this is probably the best first sig for any Nike athlete ever(all things included)

Etc etc etc

Of course, just Imo
Add Ja 1's to that list.

For everyone debating on picking up a pair to hoop in, honestly just do it if you can. I played for 2 hours and my feet felt great after.

Traction on these are amazing. The herringbone pattern is reminiscent of the Kobe V which is my favorite hoop shoe of all time so I knew these were going to be good. The court I played on was quite dirty too and usually what I do after every session is look at my soles to see how good or bad the floor was and mine were covered in dirt.

Comfort/breathability is really good too. As soon as I slipped them on and dribbled for about 5 minutes, the shoes were already forming to my foot. Took 1 game to really break them in and for the entire 2 hour session, my feet never felt like they were dying.

They feel like a hybrid of the Kobe 4 & 5 if I could best describe them. I had legit doubts about these when I first saw the official images but I’m a believer now that these are gonna be all over NBA this upcoming season. If these got the protro treatment like the Kobe’s, easily could be argued as the best hoop shoe on the market.

My rotation now is Ja 1 Fuels, Kobe IV Black Mamba Protro and these. All are different but all have pieces of what I look for in a hoop shoe. I can’t wait for more colors to drop of the Sabrina’s.

Hope this helps y’all. All these new shoes dropping has me excited to be hooping again.

Last edited:
For everyone debating on picking up a pair to hoop in, honestly just do it if you can. I played for 2 hours and my feet felt great after.

Traction on these are amazing. The herringbone pattern is reminiscent of the Kobe V which is my favorite hoop shoe of all time so I knew these were going to be good. The court I played on was quite dirty too and usually what I do after every session is look at my soles to see how good or bad the floor was and mine were covered in dirt.

Comfort/breathability is really good too. As soon as I slipped them on and dribbled for about 5 minutes, the shoes were already forming to my foot. Took 1 game to really break them in and for the entire 2 hour session, my feet never felt like they were dying.

They feel like a hybrid of the Kobe 4 & 5 if I could best describe them. I had legit doubts about these when I first saw the official images but I’m a believer now that these are gonna be all over NBA this upcoming season. If these got the protro treatment like the Kobe’s, easily could be argued as the best hoop shoe on the market.

My rotation now is Ja 1 Fuels, Kobe IV Black Mamba Protro and these. All are different but all have pieces of what I look for in a hoop shoe. I can’t wait for my colors to drop of the Sabrina’s.

Hope this helps y’all. All these new shoes dropping has me excited to be hooping again.
I wanna try em for hooping for 1 session...got a game on thursday... then retire them for casual wear lol 🤷🏾‍♂️

Just realized that I ordered an 11W instead of 11M on SNKRS :emoji_upside_down:. If anyone knows where to get a 12.5W aka 11M please let me know!

Didn’t think I was saying anything provocative about this shoe when I said it looks basic… sometimes you have to see something in person before confirming an opinion based on pics. Of course as a few of you mentioned a lot of debut sigs don’t really push the envelope which is normally how Nike launches a line and I don’t really expect anything else from them at this point.

It’s a new sig line and that’s fresh but between the looks and tech I think I’ll pass.

Saw these in Footlocker. Not even close on sizes, this was a 6w I think. Just wanted to check them out. Workers insisted that it was a ‘women only’ shoe.
Hope that I can find an 11 also. For what it’s worth, I think I like the Ja just as much, if not a bit more.
Really wanting to see the GT Cut 3 before the basketball season.
P.S. thanks for all of the performance reviews above. Keep them coming !

Attachments

• IMG_3150.jpeg
    IMG_3150.jpeg
    246.3 KB · Views: 1,489
  • IMG_3151.jpeg
    IMG_3151.jpeg
    213.9 KB · Views: 1,491
I ordered a W14 (M12.5) from Richards on release day and they had up to W16 (14.5) at that time
But only W14, W15, and W16 right? Not women half sizes? My point is that is M12.5, M13.5, and M14.5.. just ends up being weird for big footers. Hence looking at resale for M13 right now and being discouraged

Didn’t think I was saying anything provocative about this shoe when I said it looks basic… sometimes you have to see something in person before confirming an opinion based on pics. Of course as a few of you mentioned a lot of debut sigs don’t really push the envelope which is normally how Nike launches a line and I don’t really expect anything else from them at this point.

It’s a new sig line and that’s fresh but between the looks and tech I think I’ll pass.
I don't really think anyone was debating with you. In fact, agreeing with your opinion in a sense. Just saying that the practice of making the first model of a signature line a little basic and scaled down tech wise, and cost friendly, is pretty standard with Nike.

But only W14, W15, and W16 right? Not women half sizes? My point is that is M12.5, M13.5, and M14.5.. just ends up being weird for big footers. Hence looking at resale for M13 right now and being discouraged
leave my 11.5M alone breh 😆

Back
Top Bottom