Nike SB x Jordan IV? - 2023

Tons of ridiculousness going on the last couple of pages, but I can definitely chime in on how we referred to Jordans back in the day. Nobody called them the "black and..." anything. They were just the "black Jordans" because there was only one black model at the time. It was that and then "white and grey," "white and red," etc. Then once you got past that year's model, if anybody even cared about the old models any more, it was "last year's" or the "black 89's." Most folks I knew just called them by the year they came out when talking about older J's. The nickname stuff, and even people commonly referring to them by number didn't start til MUCH later.
Basically what I said except I remember calling them white cement early on. Not 100% on how early but it was grammar school days.

Don't waste your breath explaining to jealous tards...wear your shoes whenever you want. I'll be 43 is 4 days, I have around 100 pairs of Jordans. It was more before we bought our forever home, ( too many boxes to move), most are still deadstock, not because I wanna keep it that way but because I work on average 12 hours 7 days, on top of being a landlord and running a laudromat. I don't have time to wear everything all the time. But that's not gonna stop me from buying what I want, even if it takes 5 years to wear them first time.
So you just referenced all the things you wear shoes to do then say you have no time to wear shoes. All righty then.

Basically what I said except I remember calling them white cement early on. Not 100% on how early but it was grammar school days.

I remember people starting to do that more after the AJ3's first retroed in 94 for sure. There's definitely still a lot of regional stuff with how people referred to J's.

So you just referenced all the things you wear shoes to do then say you have no time to wear shoes. All righty then.

Name a Jordan retro that you wear and be on your feet for 12+ hours on concrete floors, or doing repairs in a house like welding pipe fittings. You must be what, 12…13? I wear my Black/Red 11 IEs for 1 day 12 hours and the leather that meets midsole is already peeling. These shoes are for casual wear, that is all.

Name a Jordan retro that you wear and be on your feet for 12+ hours on concrete floors, or doing repairs in a house like welding pipe fittings. You must be what, 12…13? I wear my Black/Red 11 IEs for 1 day 12 hours and the leather that meets midsole is already peeling. These shoes are for casual wear, that is all.
You’re talking to the wrong person. I can daily any retro and actually wear them to the gym regularly. No they’re not the most comfortable but people used to ball professionally with them so it’s doable.

For leg days I’m usually in a dunk high or AJ1. Including 30 mins of cardio after. Usually treadmill, elliptical or gauntlet stairs.

Btw when I was 12 it was still the 80s.

Last edited:
You’re talking to the wrong person. I can daily any retro and actually wear them to the gym regularly. No they’re not the most comfortable but people used to ball professionally with them so it’s doable.

For leg days I’m usually in a dunk high or AJ1. Including 30 mins of cardio after. Usually treadmill, elliptical or gauntlet stairs.

Btw when I was 12 it was still the 80s.
Lol. I’m all for wearing shoes, but I’m not wearing em to do home repairs or renovations. That’s just dumb as hell.

Lol. I’m all for wearing shoes, but I’m not wearing em to do home repairs or renovations. That’s just dumb as hell.

I paint Jeeps for Chrysler. No way I’m wearing them to work either. Dude think everyone in every situation is like a cookie cutter. I wear my “nice” shoes when I can.

forgot what thread I was in for a moment. It’s spicy in here lol
This thread is about buying multiple pairs of the same shoe for 2x retail and putting one in a display case with an LED light so it can be admired daily.
The second pair can only be worn on carpet or with sole protectors. If you cant follow these rules then you are not NT approved.

Pair 2 arrived from SNKRDUNK
IMG_2232.jpeg

I can’t imagine how stressful it must be to worry about what everyone else does with their money and/or property or what nicknames they use for specific shoes. Talk about weird.
So you never had an opinion on anything? Yeah that’s weird.

Especially on a forum that’s meant to discuss shoes and nicknames given to specific shoes. Go figure.

Last edited:
I think Sal must be pretty disappointed in you. How’s that?
Although you’re as witty as a 12 yr old it is an opinion. Next I’m expecting a mom joke. SMH

If these are the guys with a shoe display it’s all making sense now.

This thread is about buying multiple pairs of the same shoe for 2x retail and putting one in a display case with an LED light so it can be admired daily.
The second pair can only be worn on carpet or with sole protectors. If you cant follow these rules then you are not NT approved.
Actually this thread is about the

NIKE SB X JORDAN IV? - 2023​

Don't waste your breath explaining to jealous tards...wear your shoes whenever you want. I'll be 43 is 4 days, I have around 100 pairs of Jordans. It was more before we bought our forever home, ( too many boxes to move), most are still deadstock, not because I wanna keep it that way but because I work on average 12 hours 7 days, on top of being a landlord and running a laudromat. I don't have time to wear everything all the time. But that's not gonna stop me from buying what I want, even if it takes 5 years to wear them first time.
How you turning 43 but calling people “tards”?

Back
Top Bottom