Nike Sharkley - Ben Gordon PE - PIC/INFO

M

mazedowner

Via KixandtheCity.com

http://www.kixandthecity.com/2008/04/09/nike-sharkley-ben-gordon-pe-detailed-look/
a4vq88.jpg

http://www.kixandthecity.com/2008/04/09/nike-sharkley-ben-gordon-pe-detailed-look/

Taking a quick break from our Nike Hyperdunk coverage, we shift gears to the Nike Sharkley. Designed by Jason Petrie, the Nike Sharkley is a nod to the NikeCB94 and the Nike Shake N'Destrukt, two sneakers that were not only loved by the 90s Basketball community, but by Petrie himself. According to NikeBasketball and Petrie, Nike Basketball does not want to loose the feeling and the great design created by 90's Basketball footwear, but, they do want toutilize today's advanced Basketball sneaker technology. The Sharkley, and the Petrie designed Huarache 08, accomplish this task by keeping a classicoverall feel and look while incorporating Nike's newest technology.

The Nike Sharkley will be worn by several of Nike's athletes in the Play-Offs and early next season. Several of these athletes, including Carlos Boozer andBen Gordon, are set to were PE versions of the sneakers. Ben Gordon's, or BG's, PE Sharkley features a a White Patent upper, with Red accents, and aBlack inner sleeve. Gordon's "BG" logo is emblazoned on the back of the sneaker to add a hit of personalization.

The GR versions of the Nike Sharkley are available now at select large chain retailers. PE versions of the Nike Sharkley, such as the BG Sharkley, arescheduled to release sometime in the future at the House of Hoops.

pimp.gif
I really like this shoe and seeing it in White/blk/red makes me even want it more.

Needs red patent toe.... Good looks for BG though!

Good looks MaZe KATC is pretty busy these past few days huh?

~EDIT~

i was wrong on the patent toe that look sucked but these yeah...
bgcopytb8.jpg

tongue.gif

Originally Posted by 1and12

Good looks MaZe KATC is pretty busy these past few days huh?
Maannnnn! TOO busy! Nice PS!

MaZe

thanks Maze! they doing a lot of fusing classic designs with new tech, can't wait to try them on
devil.gif

Jason Petrie hit the money with these, they have a retro fell to me mid 90s mos def!!

And he did a hella job on the 08 Huraches 2 thumbs up!!

Nice shoe.
Thanks for the pics Maze.
Figured it would've been a HoH exclusive...............screw HoH.

It really surprises me how people suddenly started to like them? When the first pics surfaced there was nothing but hate. I love them since the samples the'barkley' colorway is hot. It's going to be a good shoe for reasonable retail. You have zoom air, Air Max plus lightweight rides perfect forsummertime balling.

Paix
c.

The heel looks alot like the Vick 4 in addition to the NDestruct outrigger as well as the lacing system of the Lebron 4. Interesting but seems to be a takedownversion of the above mentioned LBJ 4.

Those look pretty nice.

The angle in that picture brings the AJ XI to my mind. Don't why but it just does. Probably the mid-sole.

Back
Top Bottom