Nike SNKRS App Nike.com/SNKRS

If a release doesn't have wait in line it'll always be first to add to cart that'll get all the pairs, even the app isn't faster than bots.
It just seems to get priority in line on releases that have the wait in line feature.

Dude, the app isn't the end all be all especially since more and more codes are going out.

A ton of people will still miss out. The app just makes things more convenient.
I get that, but what Nike has done is create their own bot.  That's what it is.  I know people will strike out, but you have to think Nike's bot should have an advantage over a 3rd party.

I get that, but what Nike has done is create their own bot.  That's what it is.  I know people will strike out, but you have to think Nike's bot should have an advantage over a 3rd party.
the app wont have an advantage over bots becasue  some of these bots out there have a hack, where it  manipulates the countdown timer  and carts before the shoe releases.  

the app wont have an advantage over bots becasue  some of these bots out there have a hack, where it  manipulates the countdown timer  and carts before the shoe releases.  

Bingo. There is evidence out there showing people are adding stuff to carts via a command line prompt. Some processes are running extremely lean.

This app does increase the chances of "normal" folk Vs junior hackers but the professionals don't really care.

Bingo. There is evidence out there showing people are adding stuff to carts via a command line prompt. Some processes are running extremely lean.

This app does increase the chances of "normal" folk Vs junior hackers but the professionals don't really care.
Come on guys.  You're trying to convince me that some nerdy kid in a basement can design an application that can interface with Nike's API's better than Nike can.  Make no mistake about it, the SNKRS app IS a bot, and it should be able to beat out any hack some kid came out with.

Im not talking out my *** either.  My day job is Business and IT Consulting and some of the corporations I work with are on the Forbes list, so I have some background in what Im speaking about

Come on guys.  You're trying to convince me that some nerdy kid in a basement can design an application that can interface with Nike's API's better than Nike can.  Make no mistake about it, the SNKRS app IS a bot, and it should be able to beat out any hack some kid came out with.

Im not talking out my either.  My day job is Business and IT Consulting and some of the corporations I work with are on the Forbes list, so I have some background in what Im speaking about

I'm a Senior Software Developer so I also know what I'm talking about.

It's always easier to hack something than to create something that can't be hacked especially if you aren't going full force with the fight against it.

If that was the case "professionals" would of bought all of the chromposites. I was able to bypass the timer by changing the time on m y computer, but it tstill wont let you add to cart until they release pairs. Like many others said I think nike just gives priority to app users. No way am I faster with my app than my bot on my computer but I have been able to cart and purchase quicker with the app than my computer every time since nike sent me my code. However I did not go after the cortez this morning with the app and my bot carted them and held them for about 30 minutes in my cart. I could see myself paying $100 for a pair of dopemans. I guess everything gets hyped up in 2015.  

Im not talking out my *** either.  My day job is Business and IT Consulting and some of the corporations I work with are on the Forbes list, so I have some background in what Im speaking about
I think Nike's API interface is being over ran by hackers and Yes they are beating Nike at it's own game

I think Nike's API interface is being over ran by hackers and Yes they are beating Nike at it's own game. Nike  building the SNKRS app is a start but it's not going to work as long as there are hackers out there.  It's  like Nike isn't really trying to fix the issue

I think Nike's API interface is being over ran by hackers and Yes they are beating Nike at it's own game

I think Nike's API interface is being over ran by hackers and Yes they are beating Nike at it's own game. Nike  building the SNKRS app is a start but it's not going to work as long as there are hackers out there.  It's  like Nike isn't really trying to fix the issue
Fixing the issue would hurt there profit margin, at some point you have to ask yourself is stopping people from purchasing all of our inventory really such a bad thing. Especially if  your target customers will buy it in the second hand market.  They could go ll out againt bots but why they are a shoe company not a software company. Maybe we should be fortunate they addressed the issue at all. 

It's always easier to hack something than to create something that can't be hacked especially if you aren't going full force with the fight against it.
Perfect.  Then you know that Nike would have to ways to manipulate their own API.. Without knowing the architecture of which outside sources have access to the API, they could even develop a private API which is only accessible through their APP.  Assign priority to anyone waiting on the app to ensure bots lose out.

It impacts their NDC users for the time being, but completely gets rid of ATC's and 3rd party bots.

Like I said Im completely talking out of my *** and throwing very high level solutions at this, but as a developer you know better than me that Nike could control this.

I think its a only one step for nike to slap bots but it won´t stop it. I finally got my code but  the app doesn’t include GS sizes for me. hoping that changes with an update quiet soon.

Fixing the issue would hurt there profit margin, at some point you have to ask yourself is stopping people from purchasing all of our inventory really such a bad thing. Especially if  your target customers will buy it in the second hand market.  They could go ll out againt bots but why they are a shoe company not a software company. Maybe we should be fortunate they addressed the issue at all. 
The answer to your question is YES, its a bad thing and Nike realizes it is bad.  It leaves a bad taste in people's mouths and although Nike is riding high right now, this sort of CRAZY loyalty we are saying is guaranteed in the future.

Piss enough people off and it will end up hurting your bottom line when people stop paying resellers, and resellers stop buying up all the stock and Nike is left all alone in their corner.

Perfect.  Then you know that Nike would have to ways to manipulate their own API.. Without knowing the architecture of which outside sources have access to the API, they could even develop a private API which is only accessible through their APP.  Assign priority to anyone waiting on the app to ensure bots lose out.

It impacts their NDC users for the time being, but completely gets rid of ATC's and 3rd party bots.

Like I said Im completely talking out of my *** and throwing very high level solutions at this, but as a developer you know better than me that Nike could control this.

Nike could but hasn't. It's costly and you should know that.

Its your job to tell me how much it costs, its my job to make a business case with a beneficial ROI
roll.gif

At least we both agree that it can be done.. hopefully they will do it cause they have the money.  Anyway its all good *fistbump*

The answer to your question is YES, its a bad thing and Nike realizes it is bad.  It leaves a bad taste in people's mouths and although Nike is riding high right now, this sort of CRAZY loyalty we are saying is guaranteed in the future.

Piss enough people off and it will end up hurting your bottom line when people stop paying resellers, and resellers stop buying up all the stock and Nike is left all alone in their corner.
Are you aware of all the hoops that people are currently jmping through to get shoes today? If they are willing to fill out raffle tickets, campout over night, develop or purchase a bot, pay resellers, pay atc services, take family members with them to get raffle tickets, pay for snkrs access codes, look for backdoor methods, etc...... I highly doubt that people will get that upset, if anything it makes people more hungry. At this point its just the nature of the beast. I hope that in the long run the app helps more individual people purchase the shoes but untimately nike controls the supply and they are a billion dollar company that has other departments besides IT and fraud prevention. The marketing department is probably getting bonus checks soon. I wonder if sales have gone up since the app released. 

Its your job to tell me how much it costs, its my job to make a business case with a beneficial ROI :rofl:

At least we both agree that it can be done.. hopefully they will do it cause they have the money.  Anyway its all good *fistbump*

:lol: :pimp:

Honestly, nike COULD do more but I honestly think a lot of it is a smokescreen to make them look great.
When comparing versus it's vendors, it's actually doing more. Like it seems like Eastbay and finishline and them really don't care who buys the product as long as it sells.

Nike has put out things that show "attempts" to make it right.

It's also funny that nike will preorder shoes that no one cares about but not for the limited/hyped shoes that everyone wants.

There is a tech side and a business side but we both know the business side just want sales.

These bot users are actually doing nike a favor because they make the product appear to be way less in available than they actually were and creating more demand.

Also, while a lot of us are typing or pasting our passwords into the app, people are killing the carts with their own stuff.
Anyone with common sense would know that this design flaw results in the latency that can give the advantage back to automated users.

The thing is, bots only really come out to play for the limited stuff. they're everyday customer who's out to buy a shirt, pairs of short, pair of trainers really isn't experiencing the bad taste left by having to go against bots. and that customer is where Nike and most shoe companies make their real profits. I'm glad they threw us a bone here but in reality, they aren't going to go all out to kill it

laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Honestly, nike COULD do more but I honestly think a lot of it is a smokescreen to make them look great.
When comparing versus it's vendors, it's actually doing more. Like it seems like Eastbay and finishline and them really don't care who buys the product as long as it sells.

Nike has put out things that show "attempts" to make it right.

It's also funny that nike will preorder shoes that no one cares about but not for the limited/hyped shoes that everyone wants.

There is a tech side and a business side but we both know the business side just want sales.

These bot users are actually doing nike a favor because they make the product appear to be way less in available than they actually were and creating more demand.

Also, while a lot of us are typing or pasting our passwords into the app, people are killing the carts with their own stuff.
Anyone with common sense would know that this design flaw results in the latency that can give the advantage back to automated users.
Yes, I don't understand the requirement that you mentioned in the last sentence.  If authentication is mandatory, why not let us authenticate before the launch so we don't have to do it once its in the cart and we are trying to check out.  It's probably someone in the business who asked for this functionality without understanding how it impacts the user experience.  It's easy to fix if they care.. but Im aligned with you and although they are trying to appear to care about this, they don't.. well not enough anyway.

All I know is that when the CAPTCHA was in place, I was cooking! Was pretty much at a 90% success rate on manual everyweek. even got through on the Jeter 1's. Since they took that away and went to countdown, I'm closer to a 40% success rate.  Never tried a bot or ATC and won't moving forward. This old dog is too lazy to learn all these new methods. When SNKRS comes to Android, I'll give it a try but also expect it to be a hot mess with people trying to hack it. 

All I know is that when the CAPTCHA was in place, I was cooking! Was pretty much at a 90% success rate on manual everyweek. even got through on the Jeter 1's. Since they took that away and went to countdown, I'm closer to a 40% success rate.  Never tried a bot or ATC and won't moving forward. This old dog is too lazy to learn all these new methods. When SNKRS comes to Android, I'll give it a try but also expect it to be a hot mess with people trying to hack it. 
CAPTCHA was real glitch though, and the bots had just figured it out so Im sure your success rate was ready to take a tumble.

Yes, I don't understand the requirement that you mentioned in the last sentence.  If authentication is mandatory, why not let us authenticate before the launch so we don't have to do it once its in the cart and we are trying to check out.  It's probably someone in the business who asked for this functionality without understanding how it impacts the user experience.  It's easy to fix if they care.. but Im aligned with you and although they are trying to appear to care about this, they don't.. well not enough anyway.
I didn't develop it but that might be part of the process that actually helps the consumer. If your trying to beat automating forcing people to do something manually is essential. If you can enter password before hand then you could set up multiple mobile devices before hand on several accounts and cook. But if you have to type passwords on multiple devices upon release your place in line in compromised everytime you have to enter a  password.
Got the app, hows it work on RD? Countdown timer and you have to add to cart? Is it faster than and what are the advantages of it? Thx
First go to settings,  and make sure you select your size and set up billing and shipping info. The app will save your size so on release dates your size will be pre selected.  You can follow specifis styles of shoes like jordans, air maxes, Kds, etc. The app has a feed similar to twitter where you can see upcoming and recent releases. If you see a shoe you like you can click the notify button and it will get text like notifications as the release date and time approaches. On release day it doesnt show a timer but the notification button will turn into a buy button with the size you selected in the settings next to it. You can change the size here if you need to or just press buy. I will attempt to cart the shoes for you after you enter your password. They will try to cart the shoes for you but if they are unable to right away it will ask if  for permission to purchase if your size becomes available. If you click yes it will automatically purchase the shoe for you if it becomes available. I find this helpful on weekday releases and I'm at work so I dont have to keep checking the computer to see if I'm still in line or not. I basically got in line for the aunt pearls and told the app check out for me if they become avaible and went back to teaching my class. Looked at the app later and saw the success message. Where before I would have to monitor if they carted and go back and manually complete the purchase. 

Some have reported that they are having more success with the app. The most infamous release so far has been the foamposite release. At the time many people didnt have the app but most of the people I know who purchased them online used the app. Also there were several random releases all star weekend that only people who had the app were able to purchase (red foamposites, gold foamposites, kd7 ext). I would think it would help anybody who is out and abot trying to purchase as well because you dont have to navigate to nike's website on your phone, It makes the process more simple on mobile devices. I think somehow nike is favoring people with the app but I can't prove it. I heard rumors that the app has its own inventory. But from my personal trials it seems to fair well against automated methods. 

CAPTCHA was real glitch though, and the bots had just figured it out so Im sure your success rate was ready to take a tumble.
QFT I had the opposite experience with captcha. I had to enter like 4 sets of pictures, I would get booted out of line, some people had captcha some didn't, site kept crashing, check out errors galore, cart shoes but couldnt checkout until 4 hours later the list goes on. Then people figured out how to bypass it, I think they could even tell if nike was using it before releases. I know I'm glad thats gone the last thing I wanted to be doing was play matching games at 7 in the morning. 

Anxious to try the app on a new release but there's nothing good on my radar right now
Always something to try it on these days, I thought the Gumps would be an easy pickup but apparently a lot of people struck out. Martians drop next week not sure if that is a good test or not. But most retros sell out these days and even if they don't most folks have their bots running anyways because they are trying to sell carts.  Don't want your first test to be on a release you really want . I got a feeling some quick strikes are on the way in the next couple of weeks also. 

Last edited:
Captcha was full ******, the one release i had to get the square root of 629, who was the 25th president was and what 1+1 equaled and somehow the third question had to be answered 4x and I'd get kicked out of line :lol:

Back
Top Bottom