Nike SNKRS App Nike.com/SNKRS

FWIW:

For the Gumps this morning, the app did not offer to auto-search and purchase my size, it gave the usual website error of purchase failed, others added to cart, try again later, which it did not do prior to this morning.  

It did allow me to keep trying (even change sizes) by letting me enter (paste) my Nike password after each purchase failed error  again and again whereas the NDC showed OOS.  

It's almost as if the bots got the upper hand again and I only got lucky because someone let a size 10 go.  

edit: cross posted in Cortez topic

I didn't develop it but that might be part of the process that actually helps the consumer. If your trying to beat automating forcing people to do something manually is essential. If you can enter password before hand then you could set up multiple mobile devices before hand on several accounts and cook. But if you have to type passwords on multiple devices upon release your place in line in compromised everytime you have to enter a  password.
Interesting thought.. I guess that would hold true IF there are separate allotments between app and web, but if we are all fighting for the same inventory, then it puts the app at a disadvantage.   It is a good thought.

I need Nike to update the app so you can change shipping and payment method. It would also be great if you could a notification for any kind of drop

I like the fact that you could have the app keep trying for you... I got the aunt pearl 7s that way...

I like the fact that you could have the app keep trying for you... I got the aunt pearl 7s that way...

That's how I got my foams. It was searching then said they were ordered :pimp:

That's how I got my foams. It was searching then said they were ordered
pimp.gif
From what I've gathered the option to keep searching is only possible during the original release.  What would make this app even better is if you can make that setting at any time so if the shoe does pop up randomly or restocks you don't have to worry about.

I just got the app so I cant have that option of the foams, but would love to be able to tell Nike Im ready!

That's how I got my foams. It was searching then said they were ordered :pimp:

From what I've gathered the option to keep searching is only possible during the original release.  What would make this app even better is if you can make that setting at any time so if the shoe does pop up randomly or restocks you don't have to worry about.

I just got the app so I cant have that option of the foams, but would love to be able to tell Nike Im ready!

We can keep going down the like to haves or just be appreciative of what it does now. Im sure most of this stuff is by design especially since you still must have the app open for it to do its search.

Last edited:
We can keep going down the like to haves or just be appreciate what it does now. Im sure most of this stuff is by design especially since you still must have the app open for it to do its search.
man stop raining on my parade.. Im like a kid in a toy store when I think about what they can do with this app lol.

For those that have the app how long did it take to get the code to be able to access the app??.....i signed up on NDC like a week ago and still nothing!!

I thought some people were saying the keep searching option wasn't working anymore. Any updates from yesterday forest gumps

It's been said over and over and over again there is no guarantee you get the code even if you signed within the first second.

Last edited:
I thought some people were saying the keep searching option wasn't working anymore. Any updates from yesterday forest gumps

Yup, in my case at least. Auto-search and buy didn't work. I had to manually clear each time the purchase failed error came up and go through the whole process again.

other than ASW, you arent missing anything

Wouldn't say that. Depends on what shoe one really wants. I really wanted the aunt pearls and I would have struck out without the app. Shoes never added to cart on my computer but the app autoserached for about 25 mins and completed the purchase for me.

25 mins?  damn.

Yep. Put my phone down brushed my teeth made some coffee drank that came back to my room looked at my phone and all it said was "Got Em" delivery date was off but whatever it was snow delayed. The feeling I had that morning I liked Nike for like an hour. It was great.

For those that have the app how long did it take to get the code to be able to access the app??.....i signed up on NDC like a week ago and still nothing!!
Don't expect anything for at least a month or so

FWIW:

For the Gumps this morning, the app did not offer to auto-search and purchase my size, it gave the usual website error of purchase failed, others added to cart, try again later, which it did not do prior to this morning.  

It did allow me to keep trying (even change sizes) by letting me enter (paste) my Nike password after each purchase failed error  again and again whereas the NDC showed OOS.  

It's almost as if the bots got the upper hand again and I only got lucky because someone let a size 10 go.  

edit: cross posted in Cortez topic
Out of curiosity did you have notify option selected before or did you just wait until the buy now button appeared

Less than 24hr wait. Signed up same day app launched. It's seemingly random, but who knows.

I got my code the day after I wait-listed. I also signed up for the list a couple days after release.

I signed up to get a code sent the moment I saw it being discussed on twitter. Nikestore tweets get sent to my phone so I got the tweet where they officially introduced the snkr app. I remember looking at it but just didn't care enough when I noticed it wasn't a shoe release. :lol: thought it was a launch for some Japanese running shorts or something lol. Anyway like 3 days later I saw it being talked about and signed up. Two days later I get the confirmation and code was sent to my email. Night before the APs dropped I downloaded the app from the appstore and put in my access code. It was like saying open sesame and all the good stuff comes out from behind a fake wall. Navigate the app and joint is mad cool, I felt like Charlie walkin thru the factory. Set up my billing and shipping, changed my profile pic, etc. basically good to go. Next morning woke up at 9:30, laptop on, phone logged in on Ndc thru safari, countdown page is up on both screens. Also open tabs for monitoring twitter, app is still an afterthought at this point, more plan b-ish. Shoes finally drop. Add my sizes on both screens and the waiting in line message is what is see on my laptop and phone. Start twiddling my thumbs staring at my phone. Message says not to make calls and it may disrupt my service. I call FTL anyway trying to secure a pair and take the whole "i didn't know we couldn't phone order, sorry, but the shoes are probably sold out now and it's not fair and I'm SO unsatisfied" route. Plan backfires in my face. Meanwhile laptop and phone still say waiting in line. Decide to pull out the app. :pimp: double tap the home button and switch to the app (still open from last night) land on the ap "card" since I was following KDs. Size 10 already selected (nice touch) so I hit the 'buy' button and it tells me searching. Asks if it could add to cart if it found my size. Said yea and before I knew it :pimp: in the cart.

View media item 1427541

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom