Nike x Sacai Collaboration Thread -SACAI X NIKE MAGMASCAPE PACK

Here's my opinion. The frag collab was great and first of the triple collab waffle releases. Plus everyone seems to love fragment from the J1 collab. The clot/juice collab was great for people who wanted personals. High stock on both cw's (especially from Juice), but I feel like the grey cw is more wearable. The only problem with that cw is that it had the overlays for the swooshes rather than the different materials on top of one another. Last collab is the undercover one and perhaps people are either tired of the model/triple collabs or they weren't feeling em as much as the other collabs because this collab uses the nylon material. People definitely didn't like the nylon material on the waffles as much as the mesh for the earlier cw's. Again, just my opinion on the recent collabs on the waffles having owned all the different ones.

The Frags are far better. It goes with almost anything. I agree about the mesh Vs nylon upper. The Undercovers are nice. But it wasn't a must have. I, also, think that they needed to space out the releases better. It was one release after another. The Undercover brand isn't as strong at least in the US to me aside from the few Supreme collaborations. I can't think of any of Undercover previous Nike releases being good. CLOT had some great hyped releases with Nike and re-released some of them. Plus it was a busy week at least for raffles. I was burned out from all of that, so this release was just okay.

I agree with you and what skaterplayer said, I think people are just burnt out from Nike releasing so many waffles. If people didn't have or couldn't get the previous waffles, this was a great first for most people. I for one have at least 12 different pairs of sacai waffles and I couldn't see the undercover waffles being worn as much as my other waffles.

frags are better than the other 2 collabs, but thats just the general opinion and mine. But some people also thought the frags sacais was lazy and boring and didn't really accentuate the beauty of double everything that the first sets of Sacai waffles are known for. Clots are probably disliked because of the orange pair having seen through upper and the color combo wasn't people's favorite and the grey clots are disliked because of the 1 piece hyperfuse overlay. Undercovers would've did better if 1. didn't release on a busy release weekend (yeezys and patta am1) and 2. used the original mesh and panels instead of nylon, and 3. didn't do 3 colorways at once. If these 3 colorways released after the 1st set of original sacai waffles, these would've did great. Just the timing of them releasing now is probably why they seemed easier to get than other sacai waffles

Gotta say I am pretty impressed with the materials on the Undercover. Soft premium feeling leather and nice hairy suede. Craftsmanship, not so much with some glue stains.

The grey Fragment I own is definitely easier to match with almost everything. But I can see myself wearing the Undercover waffle a whole lot too. The yellow pair looks especially nice with the way the white leather around the toe and heel areas seamlessly blend into the white midsole. That black upper nylon is the perfect canvas as it allows the yellow and light grey swooshes to pop.

Last edited:
I agree with you and what skaterplayer said, I think people are just burnt out from Nike releasing so many waffles. If people didn't have or couldn't get the previous waffles, this was a great first for most people. I for one have at least 12 different pairs of sacai waffles and I couldn't see the undercover waffles being worn as much as my other waffles.

frags are better than the other 2 collabs, but thats just the general opinion and mine. But some people also thought the frags sacais was lazy and boring and didn't really accentuate the beauty of double everything that the first sets of Sacai waffles are known for. Clots are probably disliked because of the orange pair having seen through upper and the color combo wasn't people's favorite and the grey clots are disliked because of the 1 piece hyperfuse overlay. Undercovers would've did better if 1. didn't release on a busy release weekend (yeezys and patta am1) and 2. used the original mesh and panels instead of nylon, and 3. didn't do 3 colorways at once. If these 3 colorways released after the 1st set of original sacai waffles, these would've did great. Just the timing of them releasing now is probably why they seemed easier to get than other sacai waffles

Its hands down the colorways for the reason the last 2 collabs werent popular, not the material so much (2nd reason though) or the collab or too many Sacai models being pushed at once. If the colorways were better, they would be a lot more sought after. Look at the first few batches to come out, all those colorways worked on top of the materials. The Frag colors were cool, the gray pair one of the best Waffle colors to come out, though the first gray pair is better.

My favorite out of the 3.

A89F9C6B-FF05-49A6-B9AB-BB71C684E83D.jpeg

Maroons are top 5/6 cw to me. I know most won’t agree but I’ll gladly stand on this island alone lol
Mesh Blue
Mesh Black
Mesh Green
Frag Navy
Mesh Grey
Maroon

only CW I actually dislike are Citron and Clot 2

seems like no one likes the red undercover pair lol. Thats actually my favorite of the 3, that teal and red combo just does it for me. Maybe I'll pick them up if they ever hit below retail

Back
Top Bottom