Nike Zoom Don (basketball) review?

Hi guys,

Just wondering if anyone's tried on these bad boys on? Can you provide a brief review? Sizing, cushion, overall impression?

Thanks!

Hi guys,

Just wondering if anyone's tried on these bad boys on? Can you provide a brief review? Sizing, cushion, overall impression?

Thanks!

Copped these last week for 40 bucks and to be honest they aren’teven worth that !

They lasted about 2 training sessions (less than a week) before they startedmaking that squishing noise from the forefoot - i was sure the zoom air wasgone in the right shoe cus it felt real flat and the squishing was real badfrom the forefoot.

I took the insole out and started to dig out the zoom air but to my astonishment the shoe only has zoom air in the heel! you’dhave more cushioning from a pair of AF1s ! There’s no way Id recommend thisshoe for playing any kind of serious ball.

The only things going for them is the lightweight (not hyperfuse light) andthey have decent ventilation and grip but in no way are these outstanding onany of these points avg to poor would be a general comment. The fit is quiteloose also and they need to be laced up real tight to get any kind of support.

I’ve attached some photos of the zoom air in the heel - the sole looks likesomething that came out in 1995 - hardly the hi tech hybrid its pitched to be,I would have expected a full zoom air unit at least on a shoe designed forplaying BBall.

761165411b56dbea9040ab37636fb4f0236b57d2.jpg

A tiny zoom bag in the heel and thats it!

ba3163471450d9e69f784f9b30166978dc0f28a5.jpg

Forefoot - wheres the air?

6303699345ed1b1c56a3daa1e5309a549808c230.jpg

Copped these last week for 40 bucks and to be honest they aren’teven worth that !

They lasted about 2 training sessions (less than a week) before they startedmaking that squishing noise from the forefoot - i was sure the zoom air wasgone in the right shoe cus it felt real flat and the squishing was real badfrom the forefoot.

I took the insole out and started to dig out the zoom air but to my astonishment the shoe only has zoom air in the heel! you’dhave more cushioning from a pair of AF1s ! There’s no way Id recommend thisshoe for playing any kind of serious ball.

The only things going for them is the lightweight (not hyperfuse light) andthey have decent ventilation and grip but in no way are these outstanding onany of these points avg to poor would be a general comment. The fit is quiteloose also and they need to be laced up real tight to get any kind of support.

I’ve attached some photos of the zoom air in the heel - the sole looks likesomething that came out in 1995 - hardly the hi tech hybrid its pitched to be,I would have expected a full zoom air unit at least on a shoe designed forplaying BBall.

761165411b56dbea9040ab37636fb4f0236b57d2.jpg

A tiny zoom bag in the heel and thats it!

ba3163471450d9e69f784f9b30166978dc0f28a5.jpg

Forefoot - wheres the air?

6303699345ed1b1c56a3daa1e5309a549808c230.jpg

thanks for the review

wasn't planning on buying these but now i'll stay away

I wore these again today in the rain and the squishing noise was real bad, there must be some ultra thin zoom air cushion in the forefoot cus there is definitely something there that was soaking up the water when i was walking in the rain.

Ill rip them apart properly once I get a decent pair of lunars for chillin, which wont be long as this noise is really buggin me and they just don’t wear well when you have em loose.

I wore these again today in the rain and the squishing noise was real bad, there must be some ultra thin zoom air cushion in the forefoot cus there is definitely something there that was soaking up the water when i was walking in the rain.

Ill rip them apart properly once I get a decent pair of lunars for chillin, which wont be long as this noise is really buggin me and they just don’t wear well when you have em loose.

Back
Top Bottom