Nike ZOOM KOBE VIII Design Ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by mikedamz

just give me an improved version of a kobe 6. give me kobe 6 elite i'm good. 
laugh.gif
+1

the VII was the worst kobe shoe i've ever worn.

Just played on the cheetahs
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
Sold em and never bought any 7 again. Hopefully the 8s would be better by leaps and bounds
laugh.gif
.  And nike please, enough of this super narrow shoes
sick.gif

just give me an improved version of a kobe 6. give me kobe 6 elite i'm good. 
laugh.gif

just retro the 6's forever, and put them back onto nike id and i'll be happy.

Why don't they do what they do with the LeBron line. Come out with a Mid for the beginning of the season and then a lighter low "Play Off"? pair for after the all star break.

I just need the 8s to be like the 4,5 Or 6. cmon nike. stop with the freakin gimmicks.
we will buy simple clean looking shoes. We don't need animals to buy good performing
simple sneaks. remember the 4 and 5? smh.
just give us a good $130 shoe and EVERYONE will buy them again for retail for sure.
I'm pretty sure they sold LESS kobe 7s.

from what i heard they wont have removable inserts like this years model. it will be like a regular shoe with a permanent tongue but will have elastic ankle "braces" included with the shoes like the Melo M4s had.

Interesting. I never hated the VIIs, but in comparison to the others they definitely were sub-par.

I wonder if they'll ever come up with a stacked zoom air for the heel, because my only problem with the 6s (which were my favorite) was the cushioning felt like it "bottomed out" after months of everyday ball. Everything else about that shoe was absolutely amazing.

Great thread, love the input. Hopefully the design lead on the Kobe VIII will listen to consumers. Things i would like to see gone:

The option to chose my very own Power Animal

Get rid of the gimmicky "System" inserts

Lose the One Piece upper

Lose the crazy CW for GR, and Limited CW for Supremes

Originally Posted by Zyzz

how about they retro the V's
laugh.gif

seriously

laugh.gif

actually the 5s were the best performance wise and they had UNLIMITED color blocking options.

it was basically unlimited and looks different in every colorway.

They should do a mix between the zk4 and zk5. The 4s had that leather panels and flywire panels that

made them look classy but still beasts and very lightweight. If we go back to the weight of the 4s I

won't mind. 

Nike, if you can't make them performance beasts, at least don't give us blisters. One person will review

it early and sales will significantly go down for sure. I almost always get the first release and ball in them

the next day. Nightwing gets his like way early.

Kobe 4 is the GOAT shoe I've worn for balling, bar none. If they continue this insert garbage I will pass just like I did the 7's. But they will come with more stupid unneccery gimmicks, computer panel?, and continue to go downhill.

Originally Posted by snuks5

Back to the simplicity of the V's!! No more gimmicks!
I cannot stress this enough. People will say "too plain" at first but more and more people
will buy them sooner than later. It's a Kobe shoe (yeah, never thought I'd say that too. Apparently you can say that with KDs now)

Posted this in the Kobe VII thread

towards the end of the video he starts talking about Nike & how he wants his shoes to be

looks like we will be seeing another low top with the Kobe VIII

Like most, I felt the 7's were not on the same performance level of the 4's, 5's and 6's.
Style wise, they had some good interesting colorways - YOTD's, ASG, WTK,s etc.

However, I would still take any of the other aforementioned models over the 7's.

Well, time to move on and bring on the eights.
Low, medium or high, I could care less as long as they are good!

The VII's were pretty much a beefed up Kobe V look wise. They had plenty of simple colorways and the look that everyone had been wanting, problem is that the color blocking they went with on most of the colors made no sense.
The performance of the shoe is not what drove people away, it was the boring and basic colorways with the horrible color blocking that made everyone look down on the shoe.

I'd like to see the use of patent leather again, similar to the Kobe Vs. Those were my favorite of the low top models.

I may have a pair of Kobe VIIs, but I have never played in them yet. I keep 'em fresh. But by the looks of it, switching midsoles should not appear on the 8s.

Oh yes, remember those Venomenons a.k.a Kobe takedowns? They both do have the same design, only one is price and the other isn't. Evidence?

nike-zoom-kobe-venomenon-black-del-sol-concord-3.jpg
nike-zoom-kobe-vi-black-leak-01.jpg

nike-kobe-vii-7-home-1-600x450.jpg
img57958804.jpg

And the third ones that might be a semi-snippet of the VIIIs.
nike-zoom-kobe-venomenon-iii-4.jpg

Originally Posted by xsalvioutlawx

The VII's were pretty much a beefed up Kobe V look wise. They had plenty of simple colorways and the look that everyone had been wanting, problem is that the color blocking they went with on most of the colors made no sense.
The performance of the shoe is not what drove people away, it was the boring and basic colorways with the horrible color blocking that made everyone look down on the shoe.

it definitely was for me... i could care less how it looks as long as it performs the way i expect it to be on court. i hate the look of the VIs with its scale upper but i end up buying multiple pairs because it was great to ball in. the V was also great and was better in terms of looks but the VI is still the best performing kobe shoe for me.

Originally Posted by TheRealPepman

And the third ones that might be a semi-snippet of the VIIIs.
nike-zoom-kobe-venomenon-iii-4.jpg

if this performs better or at least on the same level as the V or VI i'd cop multiple pairs regardless of how it looks, with its KDIV tongue and all. I see it has the lunar HD swoosh placement.
pimp.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom