Nike ZOOM KOBE VIII Design Ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody else feel like if the Lakers get the ring this year Kobe will retire on top and the VIII will be his last Sig? Or maybe he goes after number 7 to pass Jordan...

Don't quote me but i think he said he's playing 3 more years? He's a competitor and strives to be on top, no doubt if he feels the team can be successful for as long as he can play he'll be out there.

Last edited:
Thought he did say 2 more years, maybe 3 but, given the chance to go out on top I think he should take it. Thats the one blemish on Jordan's record as a player....The Wizards! LOL

I think its a good thing the VIII hasnt been leaked yet. Perhaps Nike will make some last second changes and give us something better than the Lebron X and KD V cuz both of those suck. A solid design and some quality material and the Kobe VIII can steal the spotlight next year...

Last edited:
Kobe will play till he is 40! He aint retiring in 2 years. This guy is chasing greatness, he loves the game too much to leave it early. Kobe will play another 5 years minimum. Dude is still getting 28 pts a game!!!!! 28, 5 an 5 an I bet that number goes up this year! If he wins the championship this year and next year, or even just next year, there is no way he walks away tied with MJ.

Kobe will play till he is 40! He aint retiring in 2 years. This guy is chasing greatness, he loves the game too much to leave it early. Kobe will play another 5 years minimum. Dude is still getting 28 pts a game!!!!! 28, 5 an 5 an I bet that number goes up this year! If he wins the championship this year and next year, or even just next year, there is no way he walks away tied with MJ.

Who knows. I remember the interview he mentioned two or three more years max but that was before the trades for Nash and Howard. He looked good in the Olympics so hopefully he plays for a while longer. I'm wondering once he retires who will be Nike's 3rd Sig Athlete with Bron and KD. Kyrie Irving, Blake Griffin, Russ Westbrook...I would imagine it would be a guard tho.

Anthony Davis? Air UB. :stoneface:

Yeah i hope the VIII isn't going the Lebron X and KD V route. I could see it happening though. :frown:

As long as Kobe gets shot up with the stuff the German doctor gives him he could play until 45 :lol:

Last edited:
I like these

But I'm hoping they move away from the silhouette above

Aside from the 6's, which was saved by CW's and Snake Pattern, one of the best shoes of all time IMO, they've basically made the same shoe since the 5 . . .

They need a new silhouette
you didnt center your post again :wow:? what is this world coming to?

^ neither one of those look like one peice uppers.

i'd be all for em...

Never seen this picture, I'm probably wrong, but could it be along the lines of this?

I mean the Lebron 10 and KD 5 both have a toebox swoosh so maybe...

Never seen this picture, I'm probably wrong, but could it be along the lines of this?

OOOOOOOH GEEZ I HOPE NOT!!! Those things are hideous but it wouldn't surprise me. I have officially come to the conclusion judging by the designs of Nike Basketball's upcoming Sigs (Lebron, KD, Kobe) they are giving the consumer's wallet a momentary break and shifting the attention to a major Foamposite and Jordan push.

Something eerily strange going on with no pics of VIII's yet.  I have a feeling Nike is doing something BIG!

Kobe's don't come out until December tho

Last year we didn't get official pics til Oct/Nov if I remember correct.

The VI's didn't get pic until Nov IIRC

thats the take down version of the 7s. I believe they release in China in 2013..

thats the take down version of the 7s. I believe they release in China in 2013..

OOoooh thats right I forgot those are the Kobe Venomenon 3. Damn almost got worried there for a second.

http://sneakernews.com/2012/07/27/nike-zoom-kobe-venomenon-3/

I'm cool with the swoosh near the toe box, but it leads me to believe it'll have an hyperfuse upper with the dynamic flywire hidden behind the fuse.

maybe this is the outlook of the ZK8, pic from US11

The back of the shoe with the strap reminds me of the Rose 1.0

Last edited:
I'm cool with the swoosh near the toe box, but it leads me to believe it'll have an hyperfuse upper with the dynamic flywire hidden behind the fuse.
The back of the shoe with the strap reminds me of the Rose 1.0

I'm actually cool with the hyperfuse and flywire because of the durability and anti-crease but it has to be complemented by high end detail like metal lace tips, real carbon fiber arch support, and an awesome overall design. I like the swoosh on the toe box ala Football cleats too but it has to fit with the rest of the shoe's aestehtic...

Just want Kobe to have a dope shoe seeing as the Lebron and KD line dropped the ball this year appearance wise...

those up there are Dream Seasons for the Kobe 8. So yeah, we could expect a forefoot swoosh.
I just want them to look cool at this point and to at least be comfy.

forefoot swoosh on a low top shoe? :x it's gonna look like some nike soccer cleat

Last edited:
forefoot swoosh on a low top shoe? :x it's gonna look like some nike soccer cleat

Well they do make Barca Kobes and his daughter plays soccer......

But will it be a low top since it has a strap unless that is detachable. The cut of the shoe looks higher than usual. :nerd:

Hyperdunk 2012 low top looks good with the swoosh on the front.
Nike-Lunar-Hyperdunk-2012-Low-1.jpg

The swoosh just needs to be shorter in order to look good on a low. I can see some comparison to the HD12 low except it has a strap comments when official pics show up.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom