Nike Zoom Rookie - another Penny Hardaway hybrid (August 2011)

That's a zoom rookie shirt?

That eggplant colorway doesn't look the same shade as the earlier ones. The other ones looked more metallic...might be the light though [shrug]

Originally Posted by memphisboi55

Saw this pic of Eggs:

xla6go.jpg

smokin.gif
those %%##$*$!@%%+$ II's.....
embarassed.gif
what i would do for a pair (other then pay 1k lol)

why did sole collector as one word get censored?

Originally Posted by JROMEY23

Can anybody please help me out in finding the nike zoom rookie shirt or white or black, as pictured
nerd.gif
, in XXL OR 3XL???
25tjewj.jpg

please pm me.
I never really like shirts with shoes on em but I like this one. Its subtle. 

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

So these aint even Foamposite material?
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Wow Nike, wow. Toast one time for greed...*cling*
Are you going to utilize the foamposite material? If not, why does it matter so much to some of you?

Originally Posted by FLATFOOT888

Originally Posted by DAR228

Originally Posted by werallequal

hey whats up all i want you guys to check something out THIS IS PRETTY TRAGIC
ARTICLE +VIDEOS�

SAD.
YOUR HAPPY NIKE�

THIS WILL HELP YOU REACH YOUR GOAL OF OVER A BILLION DOLLARS IN SALES�

NIKE HAS BLOOD ON THERE HANDS 2 MONTHS IN A ROW�

people need to stop and actually watch the video or read the article ... its like we are in a non developed 3rd world country 

Originally Posted by DAR228

SAD.
YOUR HAPPY NIKE�

people need to stop and actually watch the video or read the article ... its like we are in a non developed 3rd world country�

I watched the video and its extremely sad but its not anything new... The same stuff happened the 1st cool grey release in NY, and the 1st bred release in Chicago and even those weren't the first occurences... People used to get checked for their kicks all the time in the 90's and 80's.

So while I feel sorry for their loss it doesn't change much bro.  There will always be something hot/crazy that someone has and someone doesn't... Its just the way the world works.

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

YOUR HAPPY NIKE�

people need to stop and actually watch the video or read the article ... its like we are in a non developed 3rd world country�

I watched the video and its extremely sad but its not anything new... The same stuff happened the 1st cool grey release in NY, and the 1st bred release in Chicago and even those weren't the first occurences... People used to get checked for their kicks all the time in the 90's and 80's.

So while I feel sorry for their loss it doesn't change much bro.  There will always be something hot/crazy that someone has and someone doesn't... Its just the way the world works.

i totally know its been happening since troop jackets in the 80..... i was there for every era of it but for it to still be going on in all of today....... i just thought some light needed to be shed /// that all

Originally Posted by PRIME

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Are you going to utilize the foamposite material? If not, why does it matter so much to some of you?
Because of the price.

Say I sold you a pair of fakes for $200, and you found out. You hit me up and tell me there's not even real airbags in the shoe. My response? "Come on, bro, were you planning on using those airbags? You and I both know you just walk around the mall in the shoes." So at that point, are you just going to walk away and think "Well, that's a pretty good point"?

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

i totally know its been happening since troop jackets in the 80..... i was there for every era of it but for it to still be going on in all of today....... i just thought some light needed to be shed /// that all

I'm with you... I was moreso shocked at the 3rd world reference which is why I said my peace.  I'm fully in tune and really see myself slowing down on kick pick ups this year... I'm essentially done with foams after these reds and I'm was done with Jordans after I got my cool greys there was nothing left for me with that line... well maybe some wht/red 17's but thats another story
laugh.gif

I saw the Binary colorway at footlocker and made sure to check if it was foam material based what I read in this thread.

The pair I checked was indeed foam like material. It was soft to the touch and not hard at all. It wasn't exactly the same as the material I have on a few of my foams, but it was def. soft and not hard at all. I would say the pair I saw was made of Foam material or at least a new cheaper foam material Nike may be using.

To squash this redundant and pointless discussion, in Sole Collector(Issue 38) mag the designer Marc Dolce talks about the process to make the sneaker.

But hey, if you want to keep going by what you saw on Eastbay or wherever you got the foamposite like description...continue on

^ this.

and the all blacks are looking like the last pair of rookies for me. reasons...?

1. i hardly wear the 4 pairs i have
2. spent too much on rookies already
3. not willing to pay the going price for atlantics (see #2)
4. comfort (see #1)

oh and hopefully it's lighting, but the shade of egg in that last pic is
sick.gif

Magic1978:
To squash this redundant and pointless discussion, in Sole Collector(Issue 38) mag the designer Marc Dolce talks about the process to make the sneaker.

But hey, if you want to keep going by what you saw on Eastbay or wherever you got the foamposite like description...continue on
That squashes nothing to those in the know. $ole Collector is Nike's biggest promoters in the sneaker head community.
laugh.gif
It would be half ******ed for anyone in Nike to do an interview in that mag and confirm anything shady.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

Originally Posted by PRIME

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Because of the price.

Say I sold you a pair of fakes for $200, and you found out. You hit me up and tell me there's not even real airbags in the shoe. My response? "Come on, bro, were you planning on using those airbags? You and I both know you just walk around the mall in the shoes." So at that point, are you just going to walk away and think "Well, that's a pretty good point"?
But did Nike promise you a foamposite material? Did you hear from Nike that they were foamposites? 
And that material alone justifies the $200 price tag, even though we all know it doesn't cost Nike that much to produce the shoes anyway?

It sounds like some of you are making yourself believe that the shoe would be worth the price if they were made out of foamposite, but in reality it still wouldn't be. 

Half of you wont be actively using these shoes on the court so the foamposite material has 0 significance to your wanting these shoes outside of just being able to say its made out of a technology which is now even outdated. Foamposite was surpassed by flywire, so its not like you're paying for the latest technology. 

It just sounds like some people are just looking for something to complain about, because to be dead honest whether the shoe has foamposite or not, the majority of people will be wearing these for fashion and not for basketball. 

And your anology was horrible because these aren't fake shoes. 

This situation is like a person complaining because their house doesn't have a pool, knowing damn well they can't swim. 

But anyways, I love the eggplant colorway. And hopefully these release so I can get those on the court and switch it up from my eggplant foamposites. (oh, the irony of that statement)

Back
Top Bottom