Nike's new RSVP process

By saying that you really want Nike to stop selling shoe to 50% of more of people using autoscript (add to cart).  Nike CEO doesn't give a crap, he wants his market shares to triple up so he can go Cancun and chill w/ his honey!  They are not BANNING IPs.  Think logic my man. 
wink.gif

I swear some of you kids need to get out of the nike ecosystem. Amazon has been doing this for years and they are in no shape of hurting. Amazon bans IP address, physical addresses, credit cards, everything. For every order they cancel, there's another fool waiting to buy. I'm not going to take anything nike does seriously until we see more cancelled orders. Looks like scare tactics right now.

I swear some of you kids need to get out of the nike ecosystem. Amazon has been doing this for years and they are in no shape of hurting. Amazon bans IP address, physical addresses, credit cards, everything. For every order they cancel, there's another fool waiting to buy. I'm not going to take anything nike does seriously until we see more cancelled orders. Looks like scare tactics right now.
Thank you sir

I applaud Nike for addressing this whole bot issue, but wouldn't it make more sense if they implemented a method to prevent orders placed via automation during the actual checkout process? Based on their statement (and the order cancelation screenshots people have been posting here) it seems like all orders will still go through, but could possibly be canceled after the fact if they suspect the customer purchased the sneakers via automation. Therefore, customers following the release procedures fairly will still miss out on release day to bots. The only difference is that they will now have a greater chance at picking up a canceled order when it (randomly) appears on NDC.

This is a joke. If you think this is going to change anything, you're kidding yourself. I actually think they're going in the wrong direction here.

my thoughts exactly and as previously stated, nike really doesnt care lol... they are only addressing the situation, not making it better. Just go back to Wednesday releases along with wristbands. Alot of people will wake up and get their priorities straight by force.

nike will never give a **** unless their stuff stops selling which isn't happening. this line is going to continue to live for awhileeeeeeeee and these young idiots "getting into the game" droping crazy money like tards are only tainting it that much more. the more they bite on crazy prices, and give new (though ******ed) life to the line, the more nike is going to rip us all off.

Agree but not 100% completely. The reason Amazon banned IP awhile back was to prevent fraudulent (same with Paypal when they did that back in 2003 for Ebay transactions).  If you could prevent a fraud person from purchasing product on your website.. who wouldn't?  As for Nike, buyers with bot/script are not fraud. They're all keeping the shoe and pay with legit money.  I can see Nike cancel order so that your statement is true "For every order they cancel, there's another fool waiting to buy", but Nike are no where near canceling IP addresses.

Last edited:
I applaud Nike for addressing this whole bot issue, but wouldn't it make more sense if they implemented a method to prevent orders placed via automation during the actual checkout process? Based on their statement (and the order cancelation screenshots people have been posting here) it seems like all orders will still go through, but could possibly be canceled after the fact if they suspect the customer purchased the sneakers via automation. Therefore, customers following the release procedures fairly will still miss out on release day to bots. The only difference is that they will now have a greater chance at picking up a canceled order when it (randomly) appears on NDC.
Agree completely. Nike could keep people from initially placing orders with bots. Those bot users get denied at first but they can go back in and buy honestly if there's any left. The shoes would still sell out and there would be no canceled orders.

Curious to see what's going to happen with this. Seems like the only orders getting cancelled were people who ordered multiples.

True, but Nike has just put out a statement to make the public think they are doing something.  Nike has over a million twitter followers.... most who are trying to get their hands on limited releases to resell... and a couple thousand just looking to cop to wear or for their collection.

THERE WILL NEVER BE AN EQUAL PLAYING FIELD.

You will always have those people who have the fastest computers, the fastest internet connections connections at the niketown closesest to them, etc.. you think someone out in the sticks has a chance vs. these guys in the city with fiber optic cable speeds or knowing someone at a niketown??? So how do they make that fair??? They can't.

Even before bots were known they were still being used quietly but many people saw business opportunities... so why blame them. The world we live in doesn't present an equal playing field to life.  I've copped using my Mac, used paid rsvp service, and used a bot.  I didn't get every release in all 3 methods all the time and missed a few limited. 

Bottom line is nike employees and managers have an unfair advantage when it comes to limited shoes and allocating their stock to their employees and friends.  This is the REAL world and NIKE uses hype to keep people buying shoes and interested... but if they start making enough to go around these services die down on and go away on their own. 

Until then they will be combatted by consumers just as smart as those people sitting in their offices who can make money off them just like they do off of us.

Stop bots... ha ha nike doesn't have all the smartest computer programmers... You have a whole entire dark-side of the internet dedicated to crime and unspeakables...they think you can make an equal playing field for buying shoes online....good luck to that...

Last edited:
Not sure how this will turn out, but I applaud Nike for actually taking a step to fix these problems. It really is frustrating to have the bots all around. I still feel it's not going to be any less hectic to cop sneakers though...

True, but Nike has just put out a statement to make the public think they are doing something.  Nike has over a million twitter followers.... most who are trying to get their hands on limited releases to resell... and a couple thousand just looking to cop to wear or for their collection.

THERE WILL NEVER BE AN EQUAL PLAYING FIELD.

You will always have those people who have the fastest computers, the fastest internet connections connections at the niketown closesest to them, etc.. you think someone out in the sticks has a chance vs. these guys in the city with fiber optic cable speeds or knowing someone at a niketown??? So how do they make that fair??? They can't.

Even before bots were known they were still being used quietly but many people saw business opportunities... so why blame them. The world we live in doesn't present an equal playing field to life.  I've copped using my Mac, used paid rsvp service, and used a bot.  I didn't get every release in all 3 methods all the time and missed a few limited. 

Bottom line is nike employees and managers have an unfair advantage when it comes to limited shoes and allocating their stock to their employees and friends.  This is the REAL world and NIKE uses hype to keep people buying shoes and interested... but if they start making enough to go around these services die down on and go away on their own. 

Until then they will be combatted by consumers just as smart as those people sitting in their offices who can make money off them just like they do off of us.

Stop bots... ha ha nike doesn't have all the smartest computer programmers... You have a whole entire dark-side of the internet dedicated to crime and unspeakables...they think you can make an equal playing field for buying shoes online....good luck to that...

View media item 478186

You always have a wannabe comedian in the bunch...I'M going to come to a FORUM and "NOT READ" and then broadcast what I didn't READ.
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif

Last edited:
they can tell who used bots, I know someone who had their kd pre heat order cancelled because nike determined that they used a bot, he even showed me the cancellation email with a link to page posted above. nike has finally found a way to track who is using auto add to cart bots and I expect to here about a lot of cancelled orders in the next few weeks, so if your using a bot be prepared to have your order cancelled, just trying to warn people ahead of time.

View media item 478321View media item 450309

Back
Top Bottom