Nike's new RSVP process

Big Mike- Im curious as to what "unfair advantage" you think Nike Employees have in regards to purchasing sneakers??

Outside of possibly telling someone when they are going to send out the RSVP tweet there is literally no way of "hooking up their friends" or hoarding sneakers in the back w/out being caught and fired immediately. The stores are on top of it, exclusive shoes are on lockdown, well monitored, organized and accounted for at al times.  Managers REALLY don't care enough to get fired over a sneaker. 

Plus, for employees they do a raffle based on % of stock received, for every 20 pairs they raffle 1 shoe that can be purchased on release date by an employee with their discount. Is that unfair? Maybe to the employees who cant get the shoe they want, not unfair to the general public. If an employee doesn't win the raffle they either gotta try and do the RSVP process and pay full price, or wait til 48 hours after release date to use the discount. Doesn't seem unfair to me.

I find it hilarious how sneakerheads are convinced everyone who works at Nike is corrupt and hoards sneakers and hooks up their friends, most employees don't even care about sneaker culture.

they need to get rid of the RSVP and go back to fcfs.
Doubt it, man. Professionals who can't afford to line up would complain. More importantly, it's bad PR for the firm if someone should get robbed or killed while waiting in line at Niketowns across the country.

I wonder how it would do if they require the user to solve a simple question like 3+5. I'm not a programmer and not too known about it so not sure if this would suffice.

Big Mike- Im curious as to what "unfair advantage" you think Nike Employees have in regards to purchasing sneakers??

Outside of possibly telling someone when they are going to send out the RSVP tweet there is literally no way of "hooking up their friends" or hoarding sneakers in the back w/out being caught and fired immediately. The stores are on top of it, exclusive shoes are on lockdown, well monitored, organized and accounted for at al times.  Managers REALLY don't care enough to get fired over a sneaker. 

Plus, for employees they do a raffle based on % of stock received, for every 20 pairs they raffle 1 shoe that can be purchased on release date by an employee with their discount. Is that unfair? Maybe to the employees who cant get the shoe they want, not unfair to the general public. If an employee doesn't win the raffle they either gotta try and do the RSVP process and pay full price, or wait til 48 hours after release date to use the discount. Doesn't seem unfair to me.

I find it hilarious how sneakerheads are convinced everyone who works at Nike is corrupt and hoards sneakers and hooks up their friends, most employees don't even care about sneaker culture.
:lol: well said.

Re: FCFS

No thanks. Every undesirable lowlife in NY (and other cities I am sure) seems to find their way in line fort a sneaker release. 

No thanks. 

The news about the dude who almost got robbed, but killed the perp (rightfully so) aint helping matters.Who wants to deal with that? I hav e a career and family. I'd gladly pay a measly $50 mark up on a pre order. Waiting on line is not worth my time, especially when I have to be in the presence of losers and kids -for the most part. 

Re: FCFS

No thanks. Every undesirable lowlife in NY (and other cities I am sure) seems to find their way in line fort a sneaker release. 

No thanks. 

The news about the dude who almost got robbed, but killed the perp (rightfully so) aint helping matters.Who wants to deal with that? I hav e a career and family. I'd gladly pay a measly $50 mark up on a pre order. Waiting on line is not worth my time, especially when I have to be in the presence of losers and kids -for the most part. 

repped. exactly why i don't mind paying a little extra for the shoes I really want.

repped. exactly why i don't mind paying a little extra for the shoes I really want.
These mickey fickeys rather spend hours in line, and boast about some #teamretail nonsense. 

Cool.

I'll kick it in bed with my lady and relax while dudes are dodging bullets and swatting mosquitos off their neck all night. 

FOOHWDBS

I'm not referring to EMPLOYEES ON STORE LEVEL. 

I'M REFERRING TO STORE MANAGERS and those on the MANAGEMENT LEVEL WHO (such as those at 21 Mercer, who indeed hook up celebs, friends etc).  How does a guy end up with 4 pairs of Lebron MVP's? Or dudes with multiple pair of Jordan 1 Black and Gold's??? Some managers may not appear that way but WE ALL KNOW THEY DEAL WITHIN THEIR CIRCLE.

I know many employees could care less about the sneaker culture but on the higher levels it's another story.   I know when it comes to store employees u guys guys have little recourse.  But knowing what I know and have senen money talks....and I guarantee you'll never know if your store manager is hooking his friends or homeboys up.....

I'm not referring to EMPLOYEES ON STORE LEVEL. 

I'M REFERRING TO STORE MANAGERS and those on the MANAGEMENT LEVEL WHO (such as those at 21 Mercer, who indeed hook up celebs, friends etc).  How does a guy end up with 4 pairs of Lebron MVP's? Or dudes with multiple pair of Jordan 1 Black and Gold's??? Some managers may not appear that way but WE ALL KNOW THEY DEAL WITHIN THEIR CIRCLE.

I know many employees could care less about the sneaker culture but on the higher levels it's another story.   I know when it comes to store employees u guys guys have little recourse.  But knowing what I know and have senen money talks....and I guarantee you'll never know if your store manager is hooking his friends or homeboys up.....
Nike is a bit more strict with their releases for the exception of Mercer BUT

FTL? Managers are worse than the employees. 

Managers ARE employees on the store level. And im telling you, its not even possible for someone in the store(managers included)to "hook up their circle" with shoes and have it go un-noticed. And I am very familiar with how it works at ALL Nike retail stores including 21 Mercer. If 1 manager were to do it the others, and the associates, and WHQ would notice IMMEDIATELY because our counts would be off and we would look into it.

WHQ monitors it, they see how many pairs we get, how many we RSVP, and how many we sell to employees. If there are pairs unaccounted for believe me, WHQ finds out where they went, ESPECIALLY with high profile or exclusive shoes. So there is physically no way someone could just slip a pair away un-noticed and sell it to a friend, it just doesn't work that way.

Your right about 1 thing, money talks, and I KNOW managers and employees go about it THE CORRECT WAY(winning raffle, copping from Employee store etc) and then sell shoes to people for a higher price. But that isn't hooking anyone up, cheating the system or being unfair to the public, that's just a sneaky little hustle that if Nike finds out about the employee would get fired, ive seen it happen before to both managers and associates.

Every time a sneakerhead fails to cop a shoe they wanted they come up with the conspiracy theories and somehow find a way to blame the employees at Nike, its laughable. Fake *****, self proclaimed "sneakerheads" are ruining "the game", not Nike or its employees. Hypebeasts can easily end up with 4 pairs of anything buy having their friends and family rsvp, going to dif retailers, bringing their fam with them to cop etc etc. its fairly easy and I see it all the time, its very common.

Just my 2 cents, take it for what its worth

Take this for what it's worth, back when the Concords we releasing, the manager of a Champs here sold ALL of them to one guy before they were released. He ended up getting fired immediately.

Nike is a bit more strict with their releases for the exception of Mercer BUT

FTL? Managers are worse than the employees. 

Yes sir! The manager in my town's footlocker used to be legit....until ge started taken that payola. I wasn't down with paying the insane prices so of course, I got out of his good gracious and circle. Last I went in there was to test the theory on the grape 5's. The biggest ftl in our city.....only got 9 pairs of grapes....yet finishline got 44 pairs. Get that ish out of here! My other connect already told me that ftl got 60 pairs in so I knew the manager of ftl was lying. They dont understand the bad rep the give their store and actually turn people away.

Originally Posted by CoolHands  

Managers ARE employees on the store level. And im telling you, its not even possible for someone in the store(managers included)to "hook up their circle" with shoes and have it go un-noticed. And I am very familiar with how it works at ALL Nike retail stores including 21 Mercer. If 1 manager were to do it the others, and the associates, and WHQ would notice IMMEDIATELY because our counts would be off and we would look into it.

WHQ monitors it, they see how many pairs we get, how many we RSVP, and how many we sell to employees. If there are pairs unaccounted for believe me, WHQ finds out where they went, ESPECIALLY with high profile or exclusive shoes. So there is physically no way someone could just slip a pair away un-noticed and sell it to a friend, it just doesn't work that way.

Your right about 1 thing, money talks, and I KNOW managers and employees go about it THE CORRECT WAY(winning raffle, copping from Employee store etc) and then sell shoes to people for a higher price. But that isn't hooking anyone up, cheating the system or being unfair to the public, that's just a sneaky little hustle that if Nike finds out about the employee would get fired, ive seen it happen before to both managers and associates.

Every time a sneakerhead fails to cop a shoe they wanted they come up with the conspiracy theories and somehow find a way to blame the employees at Nike, its laughable. Fake *****, self proclaimed "sneakerheads" are ruining "the game", not Nike or its employees. Hypebeasts can easily end up with 4 pairs of anything buy having their friends and family rsvp, going to dif retailers, bringing their fam with them to cop etc etc. its fairly easy and I see it all the time, its very common.

Bro, managers aren't stupid. I use to get shoes, as many as I wanted, through a manager at FTL. Different employee # every time to get discounts. Raffles are rigged at FTL corp. You pay $25-$100 depending on shoe and your # is called.

Nike is a different ball game, they actually monitor their stores because there only a few compared to all the FTL/FA/Champs. If you think FTL corp is doing releases in a legit manner, then you're naive.
Yes sir! The manager in my town's footlocker used to be legit....until ge started taken that payola. I wasn't down with paying the insane prices so of course, I got out of his good gracious and circle. Last I went in there was to test the theory on the grape 5's. The biggest ftl in our city.....only got 9 pairs of grapes....yet finishline got 44 pairs. Get that ish out of here! My other connect already told me that ftl got 60 pairs in so I knew the manager of ftl was lying. They dont understand the bad rep the give their store and actually turn people away.

Last edited:
I'm not gonna front, if I was the manager at Mercer or a HOH please believe that I will find a way to hook up homies and people in my circle.

You know you would too!!!

Take this for what it's worth, back when the Concords we releasing, the manager of a Champs here sold ALL of them to one guy before they were released. He ended up getting fired immediately.

A lot of this was going on during that holiday season :lol:

You're right about the count, BUT managers have stolen raffles from employees to buy for themselves. I've seen this first hand. The Concord release was a huge disaster. Multiple employees won raffles for them, they got notified that they won and when to get them and then were told they didn't have their pair in store. Why? Managers who did the release that evening purchased pairs on employee discount (which is already a no no), rigged raffles, in addition to buying mutiple pairs. Other employees who worked the release (some were told they would be able to purchase a pair that night) watched them buy on discount and when asked, got shut down. Although I wasn't affected by this, it left a real sour taste in my mouth.

I see you just joined yesterday and you have been very strongly supporting the Nike Corporate structure which means you are very likely on their payroll. Though what you do as a career is your business, if your going to support the way NIKE/JB does things you need to take the good and the bad.  I was a member of the OG niketalk back in 2000.... before Many Niketowns and before the sneaker craze, so to gets things straight I'm not a highschool hypebeast or anything of the sort.

So why do you think Nike started the twitter RSVP and all of these policies, because of the sneakerheads??? LMAO!!!! Consumers had a part, but making shoes limited is all NIKE marketing. These policies were created also to keep management and employees from buying (OR MOST OF) all the stock of limited shoes and hyped shoes on discount (OR HOOKING UP FRIENDS ETC) and then re-selling them!!!!!  When NIKE started limiting shoes and making very few to go around and people started finding the monetary re-sell value 2 and 3 times retail or more started to be associated with these shoes it was a disaster waiting to happen.  They may try to blame complaints of midnight releases and campouts and fights for the policies, but people only do that because NIKE limits supply.

NOW.... NIKE is having to do damage control for the monster THEY created.  Now you have programmers selling RSVP services and bots etc.  You have rigged raffles and resellers...under the table deals and even grey market shoes being produced in the same factory as the retail pairs.  Though you strongly feel nothing corrupt goes on thats whats LAUGHABLE.  JUST BECAUSE A SHOE ISN'T BOUGHT ON DISCOUNT DOESN'T MEAN IT WASN'T BOUGHT BY AN EMPLOYEE.  I assure you, you could be an exec. sitting in your own office in nike headqaurters and not know 1/10 of what goes on at all the stores or behind closed doors.

Do you know how easy it is for the manager over the TWITTER RSVP to have a friend RSVP and pick up... and change their twitter name every time....or even better yet compile a list behind close doors and ensure all the people on that list win?  Do you know how easy it is to make things seem like they are fair to the general public???? UNLESS YOU CAN BE IN EVERY STORE AT THE SAME TIME YOU CAN'T!!!!!

The marketing structure of making shoes limited and the desire for re-sell cash has lead to the "want" of many shoes and making these policies relevant and needed which they weren't in the past.  Since you seem to live in CANDY LAND this is whats real out here. 

Is there a solution to the problem... yes.... MAKE ENOUGH SUPPLY TO MEET THE DEMAND this will solve every problem PERIOD but will this be as profitable...very unlikely.  

Sneakersheads or Hypebeast aren't ruining the game, NIKE created all this starting with their marketing tactics of limited shoes so now they have to deal with it.

YOU CAN WEAR THAT SWOOSH PROUDLY IF YOU WANT...DON'T GET ME STARTED ON THE OUTSOURCING OF LABOR, LACK OF QUALITY, CHEAP MATERIALS AND CONTRACTS WITH FACTORIES WHERE LABOR CONDITIONS ARE......JUST BECAUSE EVERYONE ELSE DOES IT DOESN'T MAKE IT RIGHT....

Last edited:
I see you just joined yesterday and you have been very strongly supporting the Nike Corporate structure which means you are very likely on their payroll. Though what you do as a career is your business, if your going to support the way NIKE/JB does things you need to take the good and the bad.  I was a member of the OG niketalk back in 2000.... before Many Niketowns and before the sneaker craze, so to gets things straight I'm not a highschool hypebeast or anything of the sort.

So why do you think Nike started the twitter RSVP and all of these policies, because of the sneakerheads??? LMAO!!!! Consumers had a part, but making shoes limited is all NIKE marketing. These policies were created also to keep management and employees from buying (OR MOST OF) all the stock of limited shoes and hyped shoes on discount (OR HOOKING UP FRIENDS ETC) and then re-selling them!!!!!  When NIKE started limiting shoes and making very few to go around and people started finding the monetary re-sell value 2 and 3 times retail or more started to be associated with these shoes it was a disaster waiting to happen.  They may try to blame complaints of midnight releases and campouts and fights for the policies, but people only do that because NIKE limits supply.

NOW.... NIKE is having to do damage control for the monster THEY created.  Now you have programmers selling RSVP services and bots etc.  You have rigged raffles and resellers...under the table deals and even grey market shoes being produced in the same factory as the retail pairs.  Though you strongly feel nothing corrupt goes on thats whats LAUGHABLE.  JUST BECAUSE A SHOE ISN'T BOUGHT ON DISCOUNT DOESN'T MEAN IT WASN'T BOUGHT BY AN EMPLOYEE.  I assure you, you could be an exec. sitting in your own office in nike headqaurters and not know 1/10 of what goes on at all the stores or behind closed doors.

Do you know how easy it is for the manager over the TWITTER RSVP to have a friend RSVP and pick up... and change their twitter name every time....or even better yet compile a list behind close doors and ensure all the people on that list win?  Do you know how easy it is to make things seem like they are fair to the general public???? UNLESS YOU CAN BE IN EVERY STORE AT THE SAME TIME YOU CAN'T!!!!!

The marketing structure of making shoes limited and the desire for re-sell cash has lead to the "want" of many shoes and making these policies relevant and needed which they weren't in the past.  Since you seem to live in CANDY LAND this is whats real out here. 

Is there a solution to the problem... yes.... MAKE ENOUGH SUPPLY TO MEET THE DEMAND this will solve every problem PERIOD but will this be as profitable...very unlikely.  

Sneakersheads or Hypebeast aren't ruining the game, NIKE created all this starting with their marketing tactics of limited shoes so now they have to deal with it.

YOU CAN WEAR THAT SWOOSH PROUDLY IF YOU WANT...DON'T GET ME STARTED ON THE OUTSOURCING OF LABOR, LACK OF QUALITY, CHEAP MATERIALS AND CONTRACTS WITH FACTORIES WHERE LABOR CONDITIONS ARE......JUST BECAUSE EVERYONE ELSE DOES IT DOESN'T MAKE IT RIGHT....

Bro, managers aren't stupid. I use to get shoes, as many as I wanted, through a manager at FTL. Different employee # every time to get discounts. Raffles are rigged at FTL corp. You pay $25-$100 depending on shoe and your # is called.

Nike is a different ball game, they actually monitor their stores because there only a few compared to all the FTL/FA/Champs. If you think FTL corp is doing releases in a legit manner, then you're naive.

Exactly! It all depends on the shoe. Sometimes they do fcfs in my area, other times they do guaranteed tickets and sometimes wristbands. That grape 5 was a fcfs release so he could get away with it.

so what changed? 
nerd.gif

Yea Okay....
View media item 450309

View media item 450309View media item 450309View media item 450309

LOL
roll.gif

I was on Nike Talk in 08, but got bored of it, just like I got bored of the lame self-proclaimed sneakerheads. I recently got back on, but forgot my username and password so I started a new one. You mad? And why would the date of me joining NT have anything to do with my knowledge or credibility? And I am a Nike exec cuz I know stuff and am able to point out the obvious? *face palm*

Nike started the RSVP process because they get bad publicity when people are getting murdered at their releases. It was chaotic, and NORMAL people don't have the time to camp out for shoes. It is much easier, and convenient to do it through a free social media service like twitter.

Hype is an obvious part of Nikes regime, making them limited and building hype gets more people to buy them. You all complain like females, bash Nike, but continue to purchase their product, I find that strange. But to each his own.

You all talk about stuff you KNOW NOTHING ABOUT, and act as if it is facts. A bunch of conspiracy theorists.  Im letting you know it doesn't work that way.

Cool GIF's though. YOU ALL WILL CONTINUE COPPING!!!!

Edit: and im not trying to "defend" Nike. I wish they would do everything in the US, but they are a greedy corporation. I wish they would pay their employees benefits and PTO, but they are a greedy company. I wish they wouldn't do a couple wack retros every month, but they are a greedy company. They are about making $, cant knock the hustle. And you all support that just as much as I do when we buy their product.

Last edited:
LOL
roll.gif

I was on Nike Talk in 08, but got bored of it, just like I got bored of the lame self-proclaimed sneakerheads. I recently got back on, but forgot my username and password so I started a new one. You mad? And why would the date of me joining NT have anything to do with my knowledge or credibility? And I am a Nike exec cuz I know stuff and am able to point out the obvious? *face palm*

Nike started the RSVP process because they get bad publicity when people are getting murdered at their releases. It was chaotic, and NORMAL people don't have the time to camp out for shoes. It is much easier, and convenient to do it through a free social media service like twitter.

Hype is an obvious part of Nikes regime, making them limited and building hype gets more people to buy them. You all complain like females, bash Nike, but continue to purchase their product, I find that strange. But to each his own.

You all talk about stuff you KNOW NOTHING ABOUT, and act as if it is facts. A bunch of conspiracy theorists.  Im letting you know it doesn't work that way.

Edit: and im not trying to "defend" Nike. I wish they would do everything in the US, but they are a greedy corporation. I wish they would pay their employees benefits and PTO, but they are a greedy company. I wish they wouldn't do a couple wack retros every month, but they are a greedy company. They are about making $, cant knock the hustle. And you all support that just as much as I do when we buy their product.
Well Said Bro

LOL
roll.gif

Mad....Please.  First of all and 2000 - 2008 is a huge difference.  And even then (in 2000).I was in college  Since you are so in the know....when was the last time someone ever got murdered at a release it a NIKETOWN location????  Name one location!!!!  And If you know anything about bad publicity 99% of it comes from Nike's authorized dealers not NikeTowns themselves!!!  Thus nike forced authorized dealers to implement 7:00 AM release times, etc.

There is no complaining going on here....many of us were buying shoes before this all began which you likely can't understand.  Many of us had OG Jordans with Nike Air on them, OG Foams, the list goes on an on I could walk into a store weeks after release and even put shoes on LAY-AWAY.  Retros of these shoes carry along with them a centimental value, along with other reasons and some of the retro + colorways and/or new designs of our favorite shoe still capitivate us after 25 + years from the Jordan 1.

SOME of us do know what we are talking about....SOME of us DO know Celebrities and People in HIGH places.... Some of us HAVE taken part of practices that  go on behind closed doors.  I have said before CASH IS KING. I laugh at any person that even throws around the word "conspiracy" and theory. I bet you think 9/11 was a terrosist attack too right???
roll.gif
You must not have spent many years on this earth to know if there is enough information on something to even remotely call it a "conspiracy" then all the facts being presented to the public are highly likely to be missing information.

Twitter may be free but that's it.  With all this nonsense Nike has to pay someone at each store to oversee things, take time to verify ID's on Every release, send messages to winners, at some stores open early which means sufficient staff is needed which equals more pay, TRY to take extra security precautions to ensure everything runs fairly, constantly update their online checkout system and website and servers...all these are extra man hours which equals big bucks for a company to spend just to sell some freaking shoes.

You can miss me with that complaining like females and bash nike comment... Reality check BRO.....

Do you drive a car or motorcycle? Do you eat everyday and wear any designer clothing (Including shoes)?? Do you like high gas prices... high food prices.... high clothes prices??? NO... but do you have a choice??? So if I choose to buy other than Nike, that company still has some of the same practices so why not choose the Company I and many others have supported since childhood when greed was not the focus?????

You can try categorize all the above as needs but You can drive an all electric car, grow your own food and grow your own cotton and manufacturer your own clothes... but why don't you...easier to pay someone else for what you want!!!  Well same goes for shoes.   You're still make big oil companies richer, keeping supermarkets in business and clothing and shoe companies like NIKE going and doing it by your own free will.

Just like we accept NIKE's practices and are giving them our hard earned money, we can definately be critical and point out the flaws within their company and their policies.
nthat.gif

Last edited:
Im with bigmike, nothing is convenient about the twitter rsvp lol.... like he mentioned, thats just another employee(s) that has to be hired. Normal people dont have time to camp out, but they have time to watch for twitter alerts? Nike did nothing but make it HARDER for NORMAL people to cop shoes lol... we are relying on robots now! Normal is when i walked into footlocker and copped OG XIVs after release date, with no line and i was able to try them on. Convenience is when I don't have to watch for stupid twitter alerts, or cough up an extra 40 dollars for someone to cop my kicks, or don't have to drive to a store to enter a stupid raffle and to turn back around two days later to pick up kicks that they could have just sold me on the spot lol... still trying to figure out why would someone come back to NT if you were so bored of sneakerheads.... this is a place for people who like sneakers to discuss and share information with people who appreciate and share the same interest. A handful of dudes have shared very accurate information on this site and a lot of those sneaker blog sites, get MOST of their information from here, so to say "YOU ALL TALK ABOUT THINGS YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT", is a bold statement. Soooo on a lighter note. Anyone know what they're changing about the process?

Back
Top Bottom