NikeTalk....What do you do for a living?

Investment Banking Analyst - leaving in a couple of months to pursue an opportunity in growth equity though.
congrats, bruh

Focusing on a certain sector or generalist?

Also, super nice of you to stick around that long after bonuses.

Thanks man, appreciate the kind words. The fund is generalist overall, but we tend to focus in on software, internet and C&R due to the growth proposition in those verticals.

Can't say I've stayed this long out of charity though - my bank's analyst program ends June 30th, so I need to stay that long in order to receive my 2nd year bonus. I'm a free man come July 1st though :pimp:

Last edited:
Sales Manager for the 2nd largest wine/spirits distributor in Texas .

Currently completing my business management degree. Been in the industry for 9 years. Started in the warehouse and worked my way up. 6 promotions in 9 years. Can't complain :smokin

For my Software Devs/Engineers, how did you guys land your role?

Networking? Job offers through Certifications? Degree?

Software Engineer

@Jay Patt I did 3 internships while obtaining my BS in Computer Science.

Landed the job by applying to everything, going to NSBE/BEYA and university career fairs (VCU and UVA).

Last edited:

No, that wouldn't be of any value, anything of value is already taken, regardless of which platform. Social media usernames are just another form of flexing for some people or for marketing purposes. An instagram username like Fitness for example can easily be monetized into a fitness page so that would sell for several thousand dollars.

1 letter usernames (A, B, ...) sell for $3000-10000. Rich Arabs are obsessed with rare and short usernames and you will see that 99% of them are owned by arabs. Those are just some extreme examples. The average username is somewhere between $50-100. The more premium usernames (for example, Addict, Blood, Magic) can range up to $500 or more.

I use a custom built program to rapidly scan a large wordlist on IG. Instagram resets inactive usernames (seems to be random, no set time period) so they can be recreated. I continuously run the program so if something on my list pops up as available, I can immediately take it. Of course I'm far from the only one with such a program so there's a bit of luck involved. You also have to be aware of what's valuable and what's not so your wordlist isn't cluttered with worthless names.

That's the method I use. Most people I know go a little further (filing fake trademark claims on usernames, social engineering IG support, ...) which is a lot more profitable but I prefer to keep it clean.

I've stolen and sold a lot of Twitch and Kik accounts in the past, at least several hundred, but I always made sure to only go after accounts that had been inactive for years. One man's trash is another man's treasure.
I have a small business on Instagram @SmokeCityKicks,  do you have any suggestions for my page?

I work for the local county and do freelance IT work (Project Management, web consulting) though I don't get paid for that yet.

For my Software Devs/Engineers, how did you guys land your role?

Networking? Job offers through Certifications? Degree?

Pretty similar to the homie Beezy. Career fairs at my school. Keeping good relations with everyone at all my internships aka networking.

Biggest thing is apply apply apply. Not just that but I don't think people realize the power of tailoring your resume to the job description. Most companies end up just running your resume through a keyword finder.

Back
Top Bottom