• Both!

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • None!

Votes: 8 28.6%
  • O.0

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

was just about to post this. gonna pricematch Pokemon at bestbuy and use my GCU membership. 8)

patience has done me good :smokin

Sort of wish I jumped on GCU for $29.99, is it wrong that I'm 28 and at the height of Pokemon's popularity in the 90's I never got into it. Probably because I don't understand it. Once I sell this iPhone 5 I'm copping a DS.

Sort of wish I jumped on GCU for $29.99, is it wrong that I'm 28 and at the height of Pokemon's popularity in the 90's I never got into it. Probably because I don't understand it. Once I sell this iPhone 5 I'm copping a DS.

bruh, i slept on the $5 GCU imagine that. i had to get that $29.99 offer.

yo we in the same boat. i turn 28 in 2 weeks and i never got into it either for the same reason. i maybe know 10 Pokemon by name.

also copped my 3DSXL about 3 weeks ago price matched at BestBuy for $129.99.

bruh, i slept on the $5 GCU imagine that. i had to get that $29.99 offer.

yo we in the same boat. i turn 28 in 2 weeks and i never got into it either for the same reason. i maybe know 10 Pokemon by name.

also copped my 3DSXL about 3 weeks ago price matched at BestBuy for $129.99.

LOL nice to know I'm not alone, I'm going to cop the new one. Might scoop these Pokemon games then. :nerd:

I'm 25 and I played the hell out of Pokemon Blue and Yellow (my brother had Red). I didn't have the money to get Gold/Silver and eventually fell out of it. Years later my brother and I picked up Leaf Green and Fire Red. All I kept thinking about was how fun these games were and how they were just like the original. I later found out that they were remakes
laugh.gif
 I tried Black but just couldn't get into it. It seems like the Pokemon series evolved in ways that I don't care for. I hate how they have "event" Pokemon and mystery gifts. It's damn near impossible to catch em all and I took pride in collecting all 151 back in the day. My brother wants to cop a 3DS just so we can play Pokemon but i keep telling him idk, it just ain't the same for me.

I'm 25 and I played the hell out of Pokemon Blue and Yellow (my brother had Red). I didn't have the money to get Gold/Silver and eventually fell out of it. Years later my brother and I picked up Leaf Green and Fire Red. All I kept thinking about was how fun these games were and how they were just like the original. I later found out that they were remakes :lol:  I tried Black but just couldn't get into it. It seems like the Pokemon series evolved in ways that I don't care for. I hate how they have "event" Pokemon and mystery gifts. It's damn near impossible to catch em all and I took pride in collecting all 151 back in the day. My brother wants to cop a 3DS just so we can play Pokemon but i keep telling him idk, it just ain't the same for me.

Fire red was the last one I played until I copped this new one.
Catching them all is unreasonable at this point. You can catch all the ones in your region..but other than that you'll have to do a lot of trading.

LOL nice to know I'm not alone, I'm going to cop the new one. Might scoop these Pokemon games then. :nerd:

yea wait for the new one. i already have my MH4U edition N3DSXL pre ordered from GameStop.

i havent owned a Nintendo system since the N64 and this 3DS is bringing me so much enjoyment.

ive only had it about 3 weeks, i just beat TMNT on Monday.

ive picked up Mario Tennis, Luigis Mansion Dark Moon and KH3D through 99Gamers.

currently playing through Luigis Mansion which is great.

ive missed out on so much but im finally catching up on some good gaming. now i get to experience Pokemon.

next on my radar are Power Rangers, MK7 & SSB.

i also have Majoras Mask CE paid for already.

in this short time ive already enjoyed it more than in the 2 years with my Vita..

My Wii U is already repaired and being shipped back to me. Nintendo did a great job getting it done quick, assuming the issue has been corrected.

yea wait for the new one. i already have my MH4U edition N3DSXL pre ordered from GameStop.

i havent owned a Nintendo system since the N64 and this 3DS is bringing me so much enjoyment.

ive only had it about 3 weeks, i just beat TMNT on Monday.

ive picked up Mario Tennis, Luigis Mansion Dark Moon and KH3D through 99Gamers.

currently playing through Luigis Mansion which is great.

ive missed out on so much but im finally catching up on some good gaming. now i get to experience Pokemon.

next on my radar are Power Rangers, MK7 & SSB.

i also have Majoras Mask CE paid for already.

in this short time ive already enjoyed it more than in the 2 years with my Vita..
power rangers? them boys havent made a good game since snes..although i heard that super legends game was good.

We have even more content pertaining to Pokken Tournament. Check out some gameplay videos above, and details/art below.
– Full 3D movement is possible
– Single-player, nationwide battle, in-store battle, tutorial modes
– Location tests run starting next week in Japan
– 100 yen per play
– Second location test on Valentine’s Day at the Japan Amusement Expo
– BANA Passport cards will be distributed to people who play Pokkén at the location tests from Jan 30-Feb 1
– Machamp BANA Passport card will be available in limited numbers for the Japanese Amusement Expo location test
– BANA Passport cards use NFC
– Buttons: D-pad: Move; A: Pokemon Technique; B: Jump; X: Weak; Y: Strong; R: Guard; L: Support
– When your gauge is full, you enter ‘Resonance Burst’ mode. In Resonance Burst mode, you can use ‘Burst Attacks’ to deal lots of damage
– There is no distinction made between ‘high’, ‘middle’, and ‘low’ attacks in Pokkén, and they can all be blocked using the R button

more details
– Choose support Pokemon at the start of each round
– These can be used at any time
– Support Pokemon have a cool-down period
– Lapras shows in footage appearing from the side, and it covered a wide area with its Surf attack, although it got blocked
– Pokemon select screen shown (see above)
– It shows Snivy with a Leaf Tornado attack, and its charge time marked as “Fast”. Lapras’ shows Surf with a charge time of “Normal”
– Namco has shown Support Pokémon of Pachirisu and Fennekin as a “Set A,” and Snivy and Lapras as “Set B”
– Unknown whether you can mix/match Support Pokemon or if they’ll come as sets
– “Phase Change”: makes the camera angles look more like a 2D fighter with a side-view during battle
– There are certain moves that can force a Phase Change as well
– “Burst Mode”: temporary power up where Pokemon go into their Mega-forms
– Those without Mega versions get a similar power up
– In the demonstration, Namco showed Lucario going into his Mega-form, while Pikachu got an power-up with an electric aura
– Can easily pull off special attacks; no complicated commands
– This is also another reason why it was made possible to play the game on a simple controller, instead of an arcade stick
– The stage description for one of the battle arenas was shown in English

This is the controller for Pokken Tournament
Posted under General Nintendo, News
11 hours ago by Brian (@NE_Brian) 5 Comments
pokken-controller
During today’s Pokken Tournament live stream, producer Katsuhiro Harada unveiled the controller that will be used for the arcade system. Here’s what we learned:
– Pokken Tournament isn’t going to be as difficult to get into compared to other fighting games
– Namco is developing it with both veteran players and newcomers to the genre in mind
– This controller was chosen to make it easier for beginners to get into since arcade sticks can be a little difficult or intimidating for those who’ve yet to play a fighting game
– The controller has a red part that lights up below
– Trigger buttons, traditional d-pad, four face buttons also included
– Said to resemble the look of the Famicom controller

Back
Top Bottom