• Both!

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • None!

Votes: 8 28.6%
  • O.0

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Nooooooooo wow. What a damn shame. He brought so much joy to the world. I really thought they fixed the problem i remember hearing about it the past few years

Last edited:
Just found out the news on Miiverse. Rest in peace, Mr. Iwata.

frown.gif

He missed 2014 and 2015 E3 due to his health and many people thought he was just blowing it off. This is so unexpected.

Damn man RIP
I wonder who replaces him
I think miyomoto does

They need someone with a business background. Miyamoto should remain as creative chair of the company.

I doubt it'll be anyone who isn't Japanese. I'm worried that share holders will take this opportunity to try to push the company into mobile gaming and give up on consoles.

Last edited:
Truly saddened by his passing. If there is a heaven, I hope he's up there right now playing Pokemon.

R.I.P.

Found this nice little story on another site:

IWATA: …my actual last work on programming happened when I was working as the General Manager of Corporate Planning at Nintendo. Something happened and the GameCube version of Super Smash Bros. didn’t look like it was going to make its release date, so I sort of did a code review for it (laughs).

4GAMER: No matter how you look at it, that’s not the job of the General Manager of Corporate Planning, is it? (laughs)

IWATA: Yes, it isn’t really, is it? (laughs) At the time, I went to HAL Laboratories in Yamanashi and was the acting head of debugging. So, I did the code review, fixed some bugs, read the code and fixed more bugs, read the long bug report from Nintendo, figured out where the problem was, and got people to fix those… all in all, I spent about three weeks like that. And, because of that, the game made it out on time.

4GAMER: So you even did the debugging yourself!

IWATA: And that was the last time that I worked as an engineer "in the field". I was right there, sitting by programmers, in the trenches, reading code together, finding the bugs, and fixing them together.

http://tay.kinja.com/that-time-satoru-iwata-debugged-i-super-smash-bros-me-1675757029

Back
Top Bottom