• O.0

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Splat got updated?!?
nerd.gif

New Weps?!?
nerd.gif
Yeah, they added eight new weapons this month. January was suppose to be the last month for new stuff, but they decided to make more weapons by popular demand. That was the first of two weapon updates. The second one is coming later this year... summer I think?

Wish they would've just waited and saved these for the eventual sequel.

Nintendo NX is dropping March 2017 Worldwide. 

No NX at E3, only Zelda...which is also delayed until 2017.

I'm not sure what to think about this. The console or handheld releases in less than year and we have seen nothing about it. We won't see anything at E3. After the Wii U failure they're really gonna wait until the end of the year and show off the NX for the first time a few months before it actually releases. I know Nintendo hardcores will probably buy it anyway but if you're really trying to bounce back, I would think you'd want to talk about it throughout the rest of the year and give people an idea of what's coming.

I know what most Nintendo fans will be doing with their tax money next year
laugh.gif

I just want a traditional controller and some the same tier of AAA games the Wii u got. Add in a SM64 style Mario game and I'd be good. All this assuming that some of the NX rumors are true i.e. better online infrastructure, some sort of trophy/achievement system etc.

Nintendo held their 2015 Fiscal Year earnings report and what everyone was looking forward to was some NX news and we got some. This is what they said about the system

"For our dedicated video game platform business, Nintendo is currently developing a gaming platform codenamed “NX” with a brand-new concept. NX will be launched in March 2017 globally."

This is the link to their full PDF of the report if any of ya'll wanna take a look at the numbers and some info on what they sold this past year.

http://api.viglink.com/api/click?fo...://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2016/160427e.pdf

This is the official artwork for the new Zelda, if this is what Link looks like on the NX in motion, 1080P 60FPS, the system will be copped day 1

I probably won't buy the NX. With the consoles and games I have, now, I'm pretty satisfied playing and replaying what I've got. Wii U was the only current-gen console I've ever bought- if I do buy an NX it will probably be after the console after that has already come out...

I'm all in on this. I think people are only disappointing because they wont be getting a full NX reveal at E3. Doesn't really bother me much because I really just wanted to see how the new Zelda is gonna shake out.

They more than likely will do a full on reveal of the system late Summer early fall via a live stream similar to what Sony did with the PS4. You don't need a full year to hype a system. I actually think the less time in between the reveal and the launch the better. The initial hype doesn't die down and flows right into sales. Plus the March 2017 launch date gives Nintendo the time they need to make sure the games are ready.

The fact Zelda will be there at launch is a huge boost. I think this system will be a huge success initially. We'll have to wait and see tho.

I'm all in on this. I think people are only disappointing because they wont be getting a full NX reveal at E3. Doesn't really bother me much because I really just wanted to see how the new Zelda is gonna shake out.

They more than likely will do a full on reveal of the system late Summer early fall via a live stream similar to what Sony did with the PS4. You don't need a full year to hype a system. I actually think the less time in between the reveal and the launch the better. The initial hype doesn't die down and flows right into sales. Plus the March 2017 launch date gives Nintendo the time they need to make sure the games are ready.

The fact Zelda will be there at launch is a huge boost. I think this system will be a huge success initially. We'll have to wait and see tho.
I'm more curious to see what other games launch with the system. I think you HAVE to have a Mario game if you want to start off with big sales. Sure the Zelda fans may pick this up day one, assuming they don't want to play on Wii U but that's not going to make people go out and buy an NX. I'd even say go ahead and launch with Splatoon 2 if there's one. The first one really took off and sold around $4M. Either way, I won't commit until I see more. There's plenty of other games to play for now.  

I really hope the NX is good

After the last 2 mediocre systems we got

Last edited:
I'm more curious to see what other games launch with the system. I think you HAVE to have a Mario game if you want to start off with big sales. Sure the Zelda fans may pick this up day one, assuming they don't want to play on Wii U but that's not going to make people go out and buy an NX. I'd even say go ahead and launch with Splatoon 2 if there's one. The first one really took off and sold around $4M. Either way, I won't commit until I see more. There's plenty of other games to play for now.  

I agree, Nintendo needs to have a mainstream Mario game at launch or within the launch window. Zelda NX, Mario NX, Pikmen 4 and remastered versions of maybe Splatoon or Smash Bros Wii U and some third party titles will be a really solid launch if you ask me.

As far as hype at E3, I don't think E3 is important to Nintendo like it is for the fans. I think Nintendo is only going there to parlay with the devs and to solidify third party relations behind closed doors. They giving the fans Zelda and I'm sure they will announce some other stuff and have some surprises... but the main reason for Nintendo to be at E3 is to get business done. Not to win some fictitious fanboy war.

Nintendo by in large "won" E3 2014. It wasn't even close, but did Wii U's fly off the shelf? At the end of the day, the winner and loser of E3 don't mean nothing.

Last edited:
I'm just tight the Wii U didn't really get a Zelda. Yea it's gonna drop for both NX and Wii U but I, along with a lot of people, will go for the NX version.

They did this before with Twilight Princess being a GameCube and Wii release but at least the GameCube got Wind Waker before that.

:smh:

Back
Top Bottom