• Both!

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • None!

Votes: 8 28.6%
  • O.0

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This new Zelda will probably end up being like twilight princess and release initially for the Wii U and then ported to the NX. I wouldn't mind it being exclusively for the NX though. I'm willing to buy every first party game I own for the Wii U again for the NX. Nintendo has provided me with too much quality over my life for me not to support them. If Nintendo really want to start this next gen console on the right foot there needs to be a full fledged Mario platformer that launches with the system. Either that or the new Luigi's Mansion. Mario Bros need to have a strong presence in the launch of this system...

And right on cue....

And did I mention that NX will get the superior version of Smash Bros U? Because it is. That's one of the NX ports in development.
— Emily Rogers (@ArcadeGirl64) April 27, 2016

When asked about what the Nintendo NX will offer, President Kimishima said the following:

"At this current stage, I’m not able to say. However, it’s not merely the successor to the handheld 3DS or stationary console Wii U. This will be hardware that’s been made with a new way of thinking. I’d like to announce more particulars regarding its specs and how it works another time this year."

This joint bout to get Splatton too. Continuing right where the Wii U left off. The games will be there...

Last edited:
Smash Bros. for NX is an obvious but good move. I'd port over MK8 too. I know you don't want to launch with a bunch of ports/remasters but I feel like those are games that people who didn't own a Wii U will want to play in the beginning of the cycle. Only God knows when we'll see sequels to either one of those games. Splatoon 2 should already be in the early development stages. Xenoblade 3 is probably a lock as well.

If you haven't played MK8, you aren't living.

MK8 as of right now is the greatest experience I've ever had gaming, and I am a GAMER.

Last edited:
Microsoft hurt Nintendo's position w/ pricing. The XBOne priced at $349 will force Nintendo to either lower the price of the NX or step up the specs to compete w/ the XBOne and PS4

I'm OK with the NX coming out next year, I still need to finish all of my WiiU games. Agreed it's kinda lame that Zelda didn't get its own carnation on the WiiU. Hyrule Warriors doesn't really count

Just give me a new Zelda , Splat 2, & a new Luigi title & Im gucci.

Copped on RD.

Dont care for Smash on NX, my 3ds version gets more play than the U.

Step up specs? Hell Nintendo has no choice but to release a console that's ahead of PS4/X1, those systems came out 3.5 years ago by the time NX drops.

Nintendo should come out the gate swinging. Charge $400 for the console. If you have a brand new Zelda and some type of Mario platformer launch with the system, the gaming world will have no choice but to conform. Put out ports of Smash and MK8 and keep swinging with AAA first party titles. Drop a new Metroid that Christmas. Make it third person just to **** everybody's head up. Give us a new Donkey Kong but don't make it a 2d side scroller like Returns, TF and the old ones. Do it in the same vain as DK64.

It's not hard Nintendo.

Yeah I was with you until you said open world DK. I love 2D DK. Everything else is good tho :lol:

1378mc.jpg

:rofl:

Their really isn't anything dropping from them worth getting hyped for. Only thing on my radar is Dragon Quest VII for 3DS.

So a Japanese reporter from Nikkei asked Kimishima (Nintendo president) why the system wasn't being released this Holiday season and this was the reason:

When asked why Nintendo wasn’t launching the NX in time for this year’s big holiday season, Kimishima explained that Nintendo wanted to make sure there were games to go along with the NX.

That reason alone makes me happy, I don't want another Wii U launch where all I got was a 2D Mario ( which came out like 2 months after a 2D mario on 3DS) and then nothing for a while.
I much rather them take the next 10-11 months to get **** rolling than release something that's gonna collect dust with the quickness.

At launch/launch window I wanna see Zelda, Metroid, Kart remaster or F-Zero, Smash remaster, Pikmin 4, Splatoon 2, and Luigi's mansion 3.
I know it's a lot to ask but all of those games with the exception of F-Zero and Splatoon 2 (although I'm sure they'really working on it) are in the works (some more rumored than others) so I think it's possible.

Another quote from Nikkei:

"At this current stage, I’m not able to say,” Kimishima replied. “However, it’s not merely the successor to the handheld 3DS or stationary console Wii U. This will be hardware that’s been made with a new way of thinking. I’d like to announce more particulars regarding its specs and how it works another time this year.”At this current stage, I’m not able to say,” Kimishima replied. “However, it’s not merely the successor to the handheld 3DS or stationary console Wii U. This will be hardware that’s been made with a new way of thinking. I’d like to announce more particulars regarding its specs and how it works another time this year.”

This quote makes me even more curious as to how many SKU's were gonna get. Will it be 2 seperate systems, a handheld and a home console? A hybrid like home console/on the go system. What is it???

Also the fact that the president said that he's gonna talk about specs gets me excited cause I may be wrong but Nintendo hasn't really gotten into talks about specs since GameCube I think and rightfully so cause the Wii & Wii U were underpowered. Did the PS4K leaks have anything to do with them releasing in March and trying to match the competition?

Iwata didn't wanna do a hybrid system but maybe under the new helm and maybe some pressure from investors, the plans changed?

All I know is I can't wait to hear more about this ******* system lol.

Another quote from Nikkei:
This quote makes me even more curious as to how many SKU's were gonna get. Will it be 2 seperate systems, a handheld and a home console? A hybrid like home console/on the go system. What is it???

Also the fact that the president said that he's gonna talk about specs gets me excited cause I may be wrong but Nintendo hasn't really gotten into talks about specs since GameCube I think and rightfully so cause the Wii & Wii U were underpowered. Did the PS4K leaks have anything to do with them releasing in March and trying to match the competition?

Iwata didn't wanna do a hybrid system but maybe under the new helm and maybe some pressure from investors, the plans changed?

All I know is I can't wait to hear more about this ******* system lol.

It may very well be a fusion type of situation. They merged their handheld and console divisions for a reason. I think that reason is the NX.

It's a natural extension from the Wii U/3DS. Just think about it. We have seen more and more console like games on the 3DS then we've ever seen. Star Fox 64 remake, Smash Bros, etc. And the Wii U now has a actual fighting game featuring Pokemon. A console Pokemon is not that big a stretch any more.

I've been also thinking of another reason for the delayed launch and reveal. By delaying the reveal, it lessens the chance for the competition to steal their ideas. If the NX is a brand new concept that catches on, Sony and Microsoft won't be able to respond until well over a year.

With talks of a PS4K and an upgraded Xbox, Sony and Microsoft won't be ready to launch brand new hardware for a while. By that time the NX could already have a significant install base and may very well be the lead platform for the next gen. This may sound far fetched, but we've been hearing that third parties seem to like the NX. Particularly Japanese third parties. And lets not forget SquareEnix all but announced Dragon Quest for the system months ago. This system is gonna be lit. :smokin

Last edited:
Yeah I'm just heated that now I feel like I wasted money on all these damn Wii u games
Especially if they get ported to nx
Better be some compensation for folks who threw down for all them damn games
I mean damn
I got splatoon
Mk8
Smash Wii u and 3ds
Dc:tf
Super Mario 3d world
Mario maker
Pokken tournament
And a few others I can't think of right now
I'm feelin some type of way right now
Like I've got banned from threads for defending nintendo's honor
I feel betrayed

@nawghtyhare  bruh you know you aren't gonna get any real compensation for those games. Just like I said in the PS thread about the PS4K, you got what you paid for. Just because a new PS4 comes doesn't mean your current PS4 is anything less than what you paid for. It still does everything it was advertised to do. Why should anybody get compensation for that. Same applies for any Wii U games that may get ported over to NX. Your Wii U games will still play exactly the way they played on Wii U. Most likely they will have added features on NX which will in a sense make it a "new" experience only exclusive to NX. I'm not saying it wouldn't be nice to get something but I'm almost certain it won't happen unless retailers take it upon themselves to do special promotions.

Hopefully Nintendo can launch with new Mario, Zelda and Smash Bros. and then release a AAA game every 2-3 months for the first year. That will show people that they are serious about this console. Also throw in that 3rd party support i.e. Dragon Quest XI, Final Fantasy VII Remake etc. I still think PS and Xbox will have new consoles out by 2018/2019 but Nintendo has always kinda been in their own lane so as long as this console is more powerful than current PS4 and X1, I think it'll be okay for a few years.

@nawghtyhare
 bruh you know you aren't gonna get any real compensation for those games. Just like I said in the PS thread about the PS4K, you got what you paid for. Just because a new PS4 comes doesn't mean your current PS4 is anything less than what you paid for. It still does everything it was advertised to do. Why should anybody get compensation for that. Same applies for any Wii U games that may get ported over to NX. Your Wii U games will still play exactly the way they played on Wii U. Most likely they will have added features on NX which will in a sense make it a "new" experience only exclusive to NX. I'm not saying it wouldn't be nice to get something but I'm almost certain it won't happen unless retailers take it upon themselves to do special promotions.

[rule]Hopefully Nintendo can launch with new Mario, Zelda and Smash Bros. and then release a AAA game every 2-3 months for the first year. That will show people that they are serious about this console. Also throw in that 3rd party support i.e. Dragon Quest XI, Final Fantasy VII Remake etc. I still think PS and Xbox will have new consoles out by 2018/2019 but Nintendo has always kinda been in their own lane so as long as this console is more powerful than current PS4 and X1, I think it'll be okay for a few years.
I see what ur sayin
And I get it
But doesnt mean I have to like it

If you haven't played MK8, you aren't living.

MK8 as of right now is the greatest experience I've ever had gaming, and I am a GAMER.
Meh, I really don't care for MK8, and glad I was able to try a friend's copy so I didn't shell out (substantial) $$$ and buy it myself. I personally think that drift-boosting is stupid and having it built in to where you have to use it to win (at least for the higher engine classes) is a dealbreaker for me. In MK Wii you could just set it on Automatic and ignore that feature (unless you played online). I earned three stars on everything using Automatic.

I'm currently enjoying playing NFS Most Wanted U and would rather play that, MK Wii and MK Double Dash before I would play MK8. I will admit that MK8's graphics are great, but Most Wanted U is at least as good, if not better.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom