NKETLK VIII ANNIVERSARY T-SHIRT - LIMITED TO 175 PIECES AVAILABLE TO PUBLIC RIGHT NOW

i love the design on the shirt. too bad for me i cant get one cause im not purchasing the 8s for now

I've sported my NT shirts alot. I have no shame...Just like Rockdeep said, when you have a favorite team, you represent them, right? I think I've putin enough time and energy in Niketalk to not be ashamed or care what others think. I wear my shirt proudly, and I cannot wait till I get the new "8"shirt. It's a hell of alot better than any black/red 8 apparel that Jordan Brand has put out...

I pry wouldn't have bought it but the pull tab made me
roll.gif
Can'twait to get it, one of the most creative shirts I've seen for a while.

If these are still around in a week, I'd get 'em but I just spent my paycheck on holiday shopping.

these shirts are a cheap gimmick to make money...

when the revolution comes... i wont be wearing one...

Originally Posted by BetoLZ

Are these made with the same tees that were used for the last model?

I was very very dissapointed with the quality on those.

BetoLZ, you're flat out wrong about the quality of the t-shirts and your hanging test. AAA are good quality t-shirts. The only other t-shirts I own ofconsistently superior quality are from Nom De Guerre and Maharishi. Firstly, both of those brands sell their t-shirts for close to double (or sometimesquadruple as far as Maharishi) the price as the NT shirts and from my knowledge have their own t-shirts produced (which Niketalk does not have the option ofdoing since it is not a fashion label). Most "streetwear" brands use horrible quality base t-shirts from my experience. The neck comparison you didmeans absolutely nothing. The thickness of the ribbing on the neck does not relate to the quality of the t-shirt. T-shirts are knit (like sweaters, etc.) andtherefore not meant to be hung. The structure of knit fabric means that it stretches easily (much more easily than woven fabric). You should not be hangingyour t-shirts, it's as simple as that. I spent 2 years studying this type of stuff in school, so I'm confident that I know what I'm talking about.I also trust that the Niketalk staff spent time considering quality as an issue and made a good decision (especially considering Mr. Plump works in theindustry from my knowledge).
As far as the design is concerned, I love the front. The pull tab is a nice idea, but I don't like the execution. It'sa little tacky. I understand the design is an attempt to imitate the back of the VIII's, but I think the tab would have looked better on the hem of thesleeve or bottom of the t-shirt.

No matter what, I definitely appreciate what you guys are doing. It does add something significant to the community.

As far as people complaining about the price and limited run: I sincerely doubt the NT staff is doing this for profit or hype. As Meth said, getting t-shirtsproduced can be very costly and they don't have a shipping staff. The mods/Admins on the board to have lives of their own.

I might cop and just changed the placement of the pull tab.

roll.gif
at the pull tab, these shirts are mad corny and wak, like some$$$% you get from an aunt and wear to paint or lounge in your house.

BetoLZ, you're flat out wrong about the quality of the t-shirts and your hanging test.

I wasn't testing the tees, I was storing them.

AAA are good quality t-shirts. The only other t-shirts I own of consistently superior quality are from Nom De Guerre and Maharishi.

I own several tees and most all of them are superior in quality. The tees that are weaker quality in comparison to the nktlk tee, were free.

Firstly, both of those brands sell their t-shirts for close to double (or sometimes quadruple as far as Maharishi) the price as the NT shirts

I'm aware that brands overprice on gear.

and from my knowledge have their own t-shirts produced (which Niketalk does not have the option of doing since it is not a fashion label).

You don't have to be a fashion label to have that option.
Most "streetwear" brands use horrible quality base t-shirts from my experience.

Opposite from my experience and I've gone through a good amount of different brands.

The neck comparison you did means absolutely nothing. The thickness of the ribbing on the neck does not relate to the quality of the t-shirt.

If it's part of the shirt, then it relates to the shirt and it's quality.

T-shirts are knit (like sweaters, etc.) and therefore not meant to be hung. The structure of knit fabric means that it stretches easily (much more easily than woven fabric).You should not be hanging your t-shirts, it's as simple as that.
That option is reserved for the owner.

these shirts are a cheap gimmick to make money...
The first run of t-shirts had to be funded out of Steez's own pocket. That's thousands of dollars of his own money tied up in theproduction of these t-shirts. That first run of shirts was designed to give us the money we need in order to finance future runs WITHOUT requiring our staffmembers to pay out of pocket to do so. The money generated from this and future runs will be donated to charity.

So, yes, it's all an evil scheme to allow our members to CHOOSE to purchase a high quality, professionally designed NikeTalk t-shirt, the proceeds fromwhich will benefit important charitable causes.
You blew the lid off this one.

these shirts are mad corny and wak, like some$$$% you get from an aunt and wear to paint or lounge in your house.
bfa258b699a96b1dfa229c55bd68df20bc08635.jpg

and from my knowledge have their own t-shirts produced (which Niketalk does not have the option of doing since it is not a fashion label).

But you do have to be producing a high volume - that or charge $100 a shirt. For those on the outside looking in, it's easy to say "ohwhy don't you just make your own shirts like ________ does," but you have to understand that we're dealing with very small production runs hereand what works for a major label just won't scale for us. We'd be looking at very high prices, HUGE investments up front that could cost our staffmembers thousands of dollars if the product doesn't sell through, and even if it does sell through it's high risk low reward as we'd have virtuallyno proceeds to donate to charity if we want to keep the asking price reasonable. Given our production numbers, this was the best choice for us.
T-shirts are knit (like sweaters, etc.) and therefore not meant to be hung. The structure of knit fabric means that it stretches easily (much more easily than woven fabric).You should not be hanging your t-shirts, it's as simple as that.

Most of us considered the fit and feel of the product more important than whether or not the neck was thick enough to withstand storage on hangers. It'scertainly your decision to store the shirts on hangers if you choose, but you could also wash them with bleach if you wanted to - but you're choosing to gooutside of the recommended usage at that point and have to accept the consequences. The thinner collar gives the shirt a sleeker look, the shirts are 100%ringspun cotton and they fit and feel great. Most people seem to love them. If your top priority is a shirt with a wide collar that stands up to storage onhangers, of course that's your choice, but it's not the lone criterion for determining a quality product and although I regret that the shirtdidn't hold up the way you would've liked, that's one of the only complaints I've heard thus far regarding the shirt quality. I actually haveone of my NKETLK t-shirts on a hanger, and I haven't noticed any problem with the collar so far - but if I did I think there'd be an easy solution:I'd just fold it an store it in a dresser drawer rather than hang it, which is just good practice for preserving any t-shirt.

BetoLZ,
I own several tees and most all of them are superior in quality. The tees that are weaker quality in comparison to the nktlk tee, were free.
What do you consider superior quality? Purely having a thick ribbing around the neck?
I'm aware that brands overprice on gear.
That wasn't my point. My point was that it is very expensive to produce high quality t-shirts. I doubt anyone would buy the NT t-shirts ifthey were $50, which is what they might have to charge to truly produce a top quality t-shirt in such limited amounts.
Opposite from my experience and I've gone through a good amount of different brands.

I'd be interested to know what streetwear brands you have gone through.
Again, not my point. My point was that NT does not have the financial backing to be able to afford that option. Do you understand how costlyproduction is, especially when done in small quantities? In fact, that is one of the reasons small brands have to charge so much and a label like Target cancharge nothing. The more bulk you order, the better price you get. They are not producing enough T-shirts for it to be worth it for a factory to produce anindividual t-shirt for NT. Do you understand how production works? I'm not talking about going to a screen printing shop. I'm talking about developinga relationship with a factory (often overseas) that will then produce your piece or pieces of clothing. Do you understand what is involved in that? Clearly youdon't.
You're right. If you would like to store your clothing in the improper manner then that is your choice, but if you make that choice youcan't legitimately complain about quality. That would be like buying a pair of basketball sneakers for hiking and then complaining they are poor hikingsneakers when you don't get good traction. The inherent construction of a knit fabric means it is not supposed to be hung. Do you know anything aboutfabric construction to even argue with me? Have you taken a class? Do you work in the fashion industry? From the remarks you're making I doubt you do. Howhard is it to accept that maybe someone is more knowledgeable than you about a subject because he has a degree in it.

Look, if you're arguing for the sake of arguing that's fine, but stop professing to actually know what you're talking about. My guess is youdon't know what makes a high quality garment period (whether it's a t-shirt, a pair of pants, a jacket, etc.)

Remember that seinfield episode where that guy wouldn't let george borrow his sweater cause he didn't want his giant head ta stretch out the neck hole?

Can we get a hat size check on this dude?

First. I keep my NT shirts on a nice Plastic Hangar, just like I do ALL my Tees....and NEVER had a problem with the Neck or shoulders... Im more concernedabout it stretching over my big forehead!!!

Next, aren't there about a million Street wear Brands....isnt it like a New Streetwear Brand starts every 10 seconds. oops.. Five more just started.

Keep testing.

But you do have to be producing a high volume - that or charge $100 a shirt. For those on the outside looking in, it's easy to say "oh why don't you just make your own shirts like ________ does," but you have to understand that we're dealing with very small production runs here and what works for a major label just won't scale for us. We'd be looking at very high prices, HUGE investments up front that could cost our staff members thousands of dollars if the product doesn't sell through, and even if it does sell through it's high risk low reward as we'd have virtually no proceeds to donate to charity if we want to keep the asking price reasonable. Given our production numbers, this was the best choice for us.

Like I said before, I appreciate the effort.

Most of us considered the fit and feel of the product more important than whether or not the neck was thick enough to withstand storage on hangers.

The neck not only takes a beating from hangers, but from actual wear too, which is the main purpose of a shirt.

It's certainly your decision to store the shirts on hangers if you choose, but you could also wash them with bleach if you wanted to - but you're choosing to go outside of the recommended usage at that point and have to accept the consequences.

Those consequences only came from 1 product. The rest held their own.

The thinner collar gives the shirt a sleeker look, the shirts are 100% ringspun cotton and they fit and feel great. Most people seem to love them. If your top priority is a shirt with a wide collar that stands up to storage on hangers, of course that's your choice, but it's not the lone criterion for determining a quality product and although I regret that the shirt didn't hold up the way you would've liked, that's one of the only complaints I've heard thus far regarding the shirt quality. I actually have one of my NKETLK t-shirts on a hanger, and I haven't noticed any problem with the collar so far - but if I did I think there'd be an easy solution: I'd just fold it an store it in a dresser drawer rather than hang it, which is just good practice for preserving any t-shirt.

Yeah, I did that with my other nt tees as soon as I saw that the neck was getting flimsy.

What do you consider superior quality? Purely having a thick ribbing around the neck?

Weight, cut, material, details, durability.

That wasn't my point. My point was that it is very expensive to produce high quality t-shirts.

I understand.

I doubt anyone would buy the NT t-shirts if they were $50, which is what they might have to charge to truly produce a top quality t-shirt in such limited amounts.

I for one would want a true top quality NT tee.

I'd be interested to know what streetwear brands you have gone through.

A lot of people would.

Again, not my point. My point was that NT does not have the financial backing to be able to afford that option. Do you understand how costly production is, especially when done in small quantities?

Yes.

In fact, that is one of the reasons small brands have to charge so much and a label like Target can charge nothing. The more bulk you order, the better price you get. They are not producing enough T-shirts for it to be worth it for a factory to produce an individual t-shirt for NT. Do you understand how production works? I'm not talking about going to a screen printing shop. I'm talking about developing a relationship with a factory (often overseas) that will then produce your piece or pieces of clothing. Do you understand what is involved in that? Clearly you don't.

Simply because I'm disappointed, doesn't mean I don't understand what is involved in the production process.

You're right. If you would like to store your clothing in the improper manner then that is your choice, but if you make that choice you can't legitimately complain about quality.

Improper is a perspective, especially when storing personal belongings.

When the first tees were being sold, they were being compared to streewear tees.

I did the comparison first hand and was disappointed.

I can legitimately say that I was disappointed

That would be like buying a pair of basketball sneakers for hiking and then complaining they are poor hiking sneakers when you don't get good traction.

No, the comparison you made would be like buying the tee shirt and then complaining that it is poor outerwear for the snow season when I'm freezing cold.

Storage and purpose are two different things.

The inherent construction of a knit fabric means it is not supposed to be hung. Do you know anything about fabric construction to even argue with me? Have you taken a class? Do you work in the fashion industry?

I really don't need to know anything about fabric construction to know, after experience, which shirts best suit my lifestyle and me.

From the remarks you're making I doubt you do. How hard is it to accept that maybe someone is more knowledgeable than you about a subject because he has a degree in it.

Nowhere am I denying that someone else is more knowledgeable than me about fabric construction or the fashion industry.

Look, if you're arguing for the sake of arguing that's fine, but stop professing to actually know what you're talking about.

Look, I'm genuinely for Nt making a better product and always improving. I'm expressing my unhappiness and if someone was unhappy with a product I wasselling, I would want the same. I'm not asking for you to agree with me.

My guess is you don't know what makes a high quality garment period (whether it's a t-shirt, a pair of pants, a jacket, etc.)

Everyone's view of quality is going to be different. I know what makes a high quality garment, for me.

I won't make that decision for anyone else, that's solely my input.

First. I keep my NT shirts on a nice Plastic Hangar, just like I do ALL my Tees....and NEVER had a problem with the Neck or shoulders... Im more concerned about it stretching over my big forehead!!!

Yeah putting it on certainly gives it a beating.

Back
Top Bottom