Noah and His Age.

I think I understand your concern. Your saying : If we are sinners and sinners deserve judgement, why are we set up to fail? If that is what your asking, we dont have to live in sin. We make mistakes but if we can acknowledge them, learn from them and try to avoid them then that is true repentance. Calling ourselves sinners is not even accurate. We possess the capability to sin ( and do so often and easily) but we dont have to. Thats like calling a race car driver a speeder. Yea they do 200 mph for a living but that dont mean they do that everyday.
Allow me to try to clarify. What I am arguing is that we didn't choose to exist, god chose for us to exist. It is therefore irrational for god to be upset with us when he, presumably, understood the potential consequences when creating us. I am responsible for my actions and the repercussions that follow, why isn't god? Ultimately, it is his fault, he should accept his mistake instead of blaming us. 
Your werent forced into life. You are the result of your mother and fathers decision ( or lack there of : no diss, but lot of kids are unplanned. )
This shows that I had no decision. I was forced into existence.

Allow me to try to clarify. What I am arguing is that we didn't choose to exist, god chose for us to exist. It is therefore irrational for god to be upset with us when he, presumably, understood the potential consequences when creating us. I am responsible for my actions and the repercussions that follow, why isn't god? Ultimately, it is his fault, he should accept his mistake instead of blaming us. 

Sorry to butt in, but if you had children and they did wrong, would you not be mad at them? Your parents may be the heavenliness people on the world, but what you do is your problems. Yes, you were "forced" into existence, but mankind made the mistake, even after all of what "god" has done.

Yea its kinda like a parent/child situation. Except nobody ever seen the baby daddy.

homer-simpson-bush-gif.gif

Sorry to butt in, but if you had children and they did wrong, would you not be mad at them? Your parents may be the heavenliness people on the world, but what you do is your problems. Yes, you were "forced" into existence, but mankind made the mistake, even after all of what "god" has done.

Yea its kinda like a parent/child situation. Except nobody ever seen the baby daddy.
Getting mad at a child for disobeying and telling them that they deserve death for disobeying are very different. 

If children are habitually disobedient, we blame the parenting. 

People have children for selfish reasons. That's what I'm getting at with god. 

Last edited:

....so god is essentially a deadbeat dad?

Wait, OP is serious with his talk of how humans used to live to 500? 
roll.gif
eek.gif

I'm sure this thread is like countless other religion threads on here over the years, but  someone taking ages seriously is a first, I should rep for the originality. Next he going to be saying Abraham was almost 200 too. My only concern is people like this actually vote, and serve on jury's. 

The funniest part is that history/anthropology tells us that humans lived considerably shorter lives back then due to a multitude of different reasons.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom