Not a great day for Delta Airlines...Legit Racism? Prank? Who knows....

Just got into an arguement about this topic with some chick when my friend posted this on his Facebook without looking into who Adam Seleh was, with people feeling overly sympathetic for him....

Me: Nah this guy is a Youtube Prankster. Most likely he's doing a prank. Don't fall for the hype/clickbait....research before making judgements.

Her: Even if it were u true why are all the white passengers just sitting around quietly as a man is speaking out ? Nobody defended or stood up for them except for another person of color . Hell yes I'm passing judgment on them and any other person who acts like the wrong thing is right .just bcs it doesn't effect them .

Me: Maybe because people recognized him from the hijinks he pulls on youtube, maybe because he was ACTING like he was doing something suspicious on the plane....ON A PLANE besides speaking in arabic that would have made them reticent to speak up for him. Why don't you take the time to youtube Videos of him pulling pranks ON planes. You should pass judgement equally is what I'm saying.

Her: A plane full of ppl recognized him ? [emoji]128580[/emoji] Anyway had that been the case .. we all know he would have been called out bcs NOBODY wants their plane delayed over ******** . Which is what ur entire argument is ******** . Discrimination takes place every day and ppl who don't fall at the odd end turn their heads instead of doing what's right . I'm not tryna hear u.

Me: You don't have to try to hear me, let the truth speak for itself once this story get's cleared up. If you want to frame everything from a discrimination standpoint then that's all your gonna see. Stay woke.

Me: http://www.thewrap.com/soledad-obrien-youtube-adam-saleh.../

Soledad O'Brien Calls BS on YouTuber Adam Saleh's Story of…
THEWRAP.COM

Her: .. telling ME TO SAY WOKE ?? [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji] I don't have a choice other than to stay woke . Unlike u I don't have to option of closing my eyes to the ******** and then acknowledging it here and there so that my friends with party mixed skin think I'm a good guy. See even if it is a prank a normal human being would first mention that mistreatment of non whites is VERY real and that it would not be surprising if this actually took place .. but you .. you are just full of something lower than **** .

Me: You have made no valid points in regards to this topic, your basing all your opinions on a 1:26 clip and your own experiences (which may be valid but skewed), your not taking into account the other minorities on the plane THAT ALSO MAY have not said anything to defend Saleh, your not taking into account this guy makes his money from Youtube video's for acting like a clown and the notoriety from it. I know if some nyc cats were on this plane and this dude started acting the way he was they would have kicked his cornball *** out personally. You have no ground to stand on, keep it moving with your psuedo-conscious/woke self. All I said at the beginning was to do some research on this guy before believing his story but it's true..."if you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you really make them think, they'll hate you". Peace. GL.

Her: Ur talking to yourself . NOBODY in this world is hearing a white boy trying to tell a black WOMAN to stay woke . You give the term " woke " so much less power . You are fake woke . This is a hobby to you. Bcs a woke persons first reaction would not have matched yours . I'm at peace . You are the devil in disguise . There is no weight on my shoulders when it comes to justice and right vs wrong . You and ppl like you own that!

Me: I'm West-Indian girl. I'm not white. I have cousins blacker than you. I have cousins that are black. And while I may not be black myself that has nothing to do with being "woke". I keep telling you, you gotta do more research.

Her: I'm not interested in whatever ur writing . Wasting your time .

Me: smgdh

WTF....:smh:

I'd like to hear from other passengers/flight attendents/captain before I pass judgement.

Despite all of this I would like the record to show that these 2 are still cornballs.

Last edited:
So what was the prank here, speaking to someone else in Arabic? Real or not y'all are really apprehensive over that? You're OK with 20 white people screaming at someone and being racist over that?

So what was the prank here, speaking to someone else in Arabic? Real or not y'all are really apprehensive over that? You're OK with 20 white people screaming at someone and being racist over that?

But nobody knows if that even happened.

Honestly, I would believe this story without question if dude's entire career wasn't dependent being a troll.

That **** don't make me uncomfortable, Cornballs make me uncomfortable because their so pathetic....even more pathetic is cornballs defending cornballs....that really makes me uncomfortable.

regardless of his youtube hes still a human being capable of being treated like this

whether or not it was a prank there is no excuse for those passengers behavior

It's sad because there are people being profiled and harassed for the language the speak and by looking "Arab" :rolleyes

My brother last name is Mohamed, do you know the **** they've said and pulled with him for the last fifteen years? Being Muslim this **** isn't something to joke about. Being black was already had enough as it is :smh:

So if it's fake **** dude for taking racism and xenophobia issues that dog innocent people and making it about himself.

The worse to me was I was stuck in Philly airport for five hour, three of those in a room being "interviewed" about where I've been. Asking me about trips I took the years ago

It's sad because there are people being profiled and harassed for the language the speak and by looking "Arab" :rolleyes

My brother last name is Mohamed, do you know the **** they've said and pulled with him for the last fifteen years? Being Muslim this **** isn't something to joke about. Being black was already had enough as it is :smh:

So if it's fake **** dude for taking racism and xenophobia issues that dog innocent people and making it about himself.

Repped.

The worse to me was I was stuck in Philly airport for five hour, three of those in a room being "interviewed" about where I've been. Asking me about trips I took the years ago

Pops gets harassed all the time.

"Whens the last time u went home?"

"Why?"

"Where did you stay? What did you do? What did you eat?"

I could see this as being a real situation, but I could also see this only being a real situation if it was planned an orchestrated by a Youtube personality known for using clickbait and pranks to gain attention.

And if that's the case it really degrades the concerns of real Arabs or Arab-Americans or anyone for that matter that face discrimination in a situation like this.

I just really hate this guy...

:rolleyes

Nobody is cheering on racism. People are saying that pranks and hoaxes like this need to stop because there are countless Middle Eastern/Muslim people being actually discriminated against on a daily basis. If you start creating hoaxes about the discrimination you face or make prank videos of smuggling yourself in luggage onto airplanes, aren't you making it harder for people to believe it when it really happens?

Last edited:
regardless of his youtube hes still a human being capable of being treated like this

whether or not it was a prank there is no excuse for those passengers behavior

Dudes are essentially cheering on racism because of dude's past. Trump's America.

Yea, You;re reaching with your stirring the pot self.

We're not "essentially" doing anything but scrutinize the genesis of this situation as either being real or fueled for notoriety by someone who is known to do just that.

The **** you mean "essentially"?

Learn how to use these words appropriately in appropriate contexts.

I agree pranks are stupid, I don't watch any of that ****. But what was the prank here? Everyone has seemed to disregard all the current information, verified or not about this incident and just went with his past YouTube videos.

Say what you will but 20 white people screaming at you in a racist manner is harrowing. Saying good for you prankster just doesn't cut it for me in that situation.

Last edited:
I mean isn't that the point of the boy who cried wolf story that you learn when you're a kid? Why would you trust a dude who has been known to create pranks/hoaxes for attention?

https://www.storyarts.org/library/aesops/stories/boy.html

Later, he saw a REAL wolf prowling about his flock. Alarmed, he leaped to his feet and sang out as loudly as he could, "Wolf! Wolf!"

But the villagers thought he was trying to fool them again, and so they didn't come.

At sunset, everyone wondered why the shepherd boy hadn't returned to the village with their sheep. They went up the hill to find the boy. They found him weeping.

"There really was a wolf here! The flock has scattered! I cried out, "Wolf!" Why didn't you come?"

An old man tried to comfort the boy as they walked back to the village.

"We'll help you look for the lost sheep in the morning," he said, putting his arm around the youth, "Nobody believes a liar...even when he is telling the truth!"

Last edited:
Dudes are essentially cheering on racism because of dude's past. Trump's America.
i find it to be respectability politics at play

instead of looking at his controversial pranks as "eye opening" ala abc's "what would you do?", they go the other way and think somehow that youtube pranks stay on peoples minds 24/7

Who knows....maybe it was going to be the start of one....one of many he's done on planes....yet it turned into something else. I want to hear from more sources and people who are related to the situation before just assuming what he's telling everyone is true, because he;s a known liar.....

I think its kinda like the boy who cried wolf in this situation. Do pranks or "social experiments" on certain subjects or topics over and over and eventually everyone will just assume its another prank.

Real or fake, either way its ****** up. As a middle eastern and muslim man he should already know how the world views us, esp in airports and on airplanes so if he is faking this hes a ******* clown.

i find it to be respectability politics at play

instead of looking at his controversial pranks as "eye opening" ala abc's "what would you do?", they go the other way and think somehow that youtube pranks stay on peoples minds 24/7

I was going to mention those ABC specials, but minds are made up.

Back
Top Bottom