Not being racist or a homophobe. That's what's up...

Originally Posted by RKO2004

Originally Posted by lobotomybeats

Originally Posted by DearWinter219

Some of these holier than thou types are just quick to pull the trigger. Ain't %$$% wrong with saying "I don't approve" and then stating why. And I'm certain a lot of us, myself included, were taught certain religious beliefs that may have something to do with our reasoning. Personally, i don't think being gay is "right" per say. I think it may even be wrong. But some of these dudes just go too far. They call people names, make fun of dudes, etc. and they do it in the name of God and Christianity. The last time I checked, the God I read about loves ALL his children the same. And He'll be the one to judge us all. So he doesn't need a peanut gallery full of finger pointers who think they're doing God's work. It's just foul IMO. so if being gay is a sin, so be it. Hell, I sin everyday and so d oyou and whoever else the shoe fits. We all "live in sin", as they say about gay people. So I won't put myself in any better of a light than the next man, gay OR straight. Those of us that have faith in a higher power are all praying similar prayers of repentance. Sin is universal, regardless of what book you read and which acts get that label. Like I said, indifference is my lecture.

I feel you.
nerd.gif
Bad word usage. But yeah right now I'm in a place of "state opinion and inform in a respectful manner and keep it moving and let God do his work". I'm still working on the keep it moving because I like to get my point across and beat you over the head with it but I feel I'm doing better.

Yes we have holier than thou's out there. But so does the opposing side. I have seen many people here who do what some of us do but they are fighting for the opposite cause.
The way I see it.

Belief that homosexuality is going to corrupt the moral fibers of humanity is irrational. There is no proof of such a thing. A phobia is "a strong, irrational fear of something that poses little or no actual danger." There is no danger associated with homosexuality. FACT. Where it gets tricky is when people use the bible as their main reasoning for their opposition of homosexuality. Now you can say 'it's not irrational if my reasons for homosexuality being terrible is in the bible." I guess technically you'd be right. Your fear of homosexuality is based on something you believe to be true. The problem is that those teachings in the bible don't hold water. Religious or not, you have to look at facts. There aren't any that support the bible's views on homosexuality. Please, I am not making this a religious thing. Just stating the obvious. You can also blame it on social upbringings but that doesn't hold water either. You are your own person, make your own educated opinions.

But here is another belief of mine. If homosexuality disgusts you, like you find it repulsive, I don't think that is homophobia. That feeling isn't based on fear or some weird anxiety. That is your attitude. This is closer to racism than it is a phobia.

Fear is "keep me away from that!" Disgust is "keep that away from me."

So me thinking it is a act of sexual immorality/disgusting is close to racism?

I wasn't baiting anyone....

If your disgust is in their 'immorality' I don't think that is akin to racism. I think that is homophobia because it is irrational. I think somepeople have a genuine disgusts for what being homosexual entails, not by if it is moral or not. I know people who are grossed out by it yet don't think itis wrong. That isn't homophobia, that is close to racism in my opinion.

RKO2004, I wasn't trying to point that that stuff just in your direction. I was answering a question. You know that right? This doesn't need to be athread hijacked by a me vs. you thing.

Originally Posted by eNPHAN

ftr, it's NOTHING like racism...

racism is based upon the fact that someone hates you for a reason not of your own action...

you can say " i was born gay"

but the act of having gay sex is what you're being "hated" for....an actual "act" you have control over...

not the color of your skin you were born with....

which, would be the same as like, crazy bible-thumpers on Ohio State's campus telling girls there %%!!#% and going to hell for having sex....

not the same as being racist.

think of it like this, i dislike people who go to raves, dress like they go to raves, talk about raves, or any type of raver stereotype...

that's closer to disliking gays because of gay sex, than disliking person A due to his race...

get it?

Come on dude! This is ridiculous. Gay sex is what happens between two gay people. You think gay people should control their desires any more than a straightperson should? If anything, your points only exhibit MORE bigotry.

racism is based upon the fact that someone hates you for a reason not of your own action...

but the act of having gay sex is what you're being "hated" for....an actual "act" you have control over...

which, would be the same as like, crazy bible-thumpers on Ohio State's campus telling girls there %%!!#% and going to hell for having sex....

think of it like this, i dislike people who go to raves, dress like they go to raves, talk about raves, or any type of raver stereotype...

that's closer to disliking gays because of gay sex, than disliking person A due to his race...

get it?

Come on dude! This is ridiculous. Gay sex is what happens between two gay people. You think gay people should control their desires any more than a straight person should? If anything, your points only exhibit MORE bigotry.

But you do expect pedophiles to contain their urges to have sex with children and people who commit beastiality to do the same right?

tired.gif

so because someone's gay.. must mean they're %+$%!+!.. ?
grin.gif

there are plenty of gay folk who don't have or care for sex.. what about them? why are they hated for something they don't do?

Originally Posted by 36hypno

get it?

Come on dude! This is ridiculous. Gay sex is what happens between two gay people. You think gay people should control their desires any more than a straight person should? If anything, your points only exhibit MORE bigotry.

But you do expect pedophiles to contain their urges to have sex with children and people who commit beastiality to do the same right?
Yes, I do expect them to contain their urges. Their urges are harmful. Their urges consist of imposing their will on a minor (or animal orwhatever) who isn't on their emotional level. It's not the same. The child isn't consenting. That is rape. One is a psychological problem.Homosexuality isn't a problem.

my only point is that hating gay people for gay sex is completely unlike hating ____ people for having ____ skin....

Nothing went over my head. It takes more than your perfectly spaced posts to do that. It is like racism in that it is hate. Regardless of your viewson homosexuality or racism, you are born gay just as you are born black. Asking someone to quell their desires in the name of what you find repulsive is wrong. Only accepting non-practicing gays is the same as only accepting white-acting African Americans. It is the exact same as only accepting Carlton and hatingWill. Is it less racists to accept someone because they are closer to your race? Nope. But if you think people only hate gay people because of gaysex, you are kidding yourself. How many times do you hear 'I have no problem with gays as long as I don't have to see their parade' or 'I haveno problem with gays. I just don't think they should be allowed to marry'? Spin it however you want, but hatred is hatred. Also, does only hating'practicing gays' make that hatred any more legit or less disgusting? No. Rationalizing the degree of your hate (not yours specifically...Idon't know you) by the degree of how comfy you are with how someone lives their life is horribly wrong.

Originally Posted by jawnyquest

tired.gif

so because someone's gay.. must mean they're %+$%!+!.. ?
grin.gif

there are plenty of gay folk who don't have or care for sex.. what about them? why are they hated for something they don't do?
welp, there you go, celibate gay people hate is kinda like racism...

kinda.

(would you even be considered gay if you aren't having gay sex? isn't it the act of gay sex that makes someone gay? wouldnt you just be celibate or asexual?)

but for that "plenty of gay folk" i guess you could say it's almost like racism, kind of, only for the sake of the argument....
eyes.gif

nothing like racism.. where'd i say that?
i was simply wondering why the homosexuals who don't have sex get hated on..
you have to have gay sex to be gay now? word?
grin.gif
i really hope thats somesort of weird sarcasm..

get it?

Yes, I do expect them to contain their urges. Their urges are harmful. Their urges consist of imposing their will on a minor (or animal or whatever) who isn't on their emotional level. It's not the same. The child isn't consenting. That is rape. One is a psychological problem. Homosexuality isn't a problem.

my only point is that hating gay people for gay sex is completely unlike hating ____ people for having ____ skin....

Nothing went over my head. It takes more than your perfectly spaced posts to do that. It is like racism in that it is hate. Regardless of your views on homosexuality or racism, you are born gay just as you are born black. Asking someone to quell their desires in the name of what you find repulsive is wrong. Only accepting non-practicing gays is the same as only accepting white-acting African Americans. It is the exact same as only accepting Carlton and hating Will. Is one less racist? Is it less racists to accept someone because they are closer to your race? Nope. But if you think people only hate gay people because of gay sex, you are kidding yourself. How many times do you hear 'I have no problem with gays as long as I don't have to see their parade' or 'I have no problem with gays. I just don't think they should be allowed to marry'? Spin it however you want, but hatred is hatred. Also, does only hating 'practicing gays' make that hatred any more legit or less disgusting? No. Rationalizing the degree of your hate (not yours specifically...I don't know you) by the degree of how comfy you are with how someone lives their life is horribly wrong.
eyes.gif
, there are minors who consent to gay sex, just like straight sex.....

Wait, he said pedophilia. Pedophilia is when someone prefers to have sex with children. It has nothing to do with straight or gay or whatever.

get it?

Yes, I do expect them to contain their urges. Their urges are harmful. Their urges consist of imposing their will on a minor (or animal or whatever) who isn't on their emotional level. It's not the same. The child isn't consenting. That is rape. One is a psychological problem. Homosexuality isn't a problem.

Nothing went over my head. It takes more than your perfectly spaced posts to do that. It is like racism in that it is hate. Regardless of your views on homosexuality or racism, you are born gay just as you are born black. Asking someone to quell their desires in the name of what you find repulsive is wrong. Only accepting non-practicing gays is the same as only accepting white-acting African Americans. It is the exact same as only accepting Carlton and hating Will. Is one less racist? Is it less racists to accept someone because they are closer to your race? Nope. But if you think people only hate gay people because of gay sex, you are kidding yourself. How many times do you hear 'I have no problem with gays as long as I don't have to see their parade' or 'I have no problem with gays. I just don't think they should be allowed to marry'? Spin it however you want, but hatred is hatred. Also, does only hating 'practicing gays' make that hatred any more legit or less disgusting? No. Rationalizing the degree of your hate (not yours specifically...I don't know you) by the degree of how comfy you are with how someone lives their life is horribly wrong.
listen, if a kid goes "im gay, but i never have and never will have sex"

even in the eyes of *#+*-haters and the bible thumpers, he's all good...he hasnt had gay sex, and wont have gay sex....

so miss me with that "it has nothing to do with the gay sex"

Look dude, here is my problem with your logic. Your logic states that all is well in your book if they don't act how they are entitled toact. That to me is messed up. A minority can't function on what others deem acceptable of them. That is not right. So only hating gays that have gay sexis an admission that what you find acceptable is the way they should live their lives. Why should homosexuals not partake in something youare entitled to partake in? That is wrong dude. Only accepting gays that you find close to heterosexuals is just as bad as hating all gays in my book.

get it?

eyes.gif
, there are minors who consent to gay sex, just like straight sex.....
Wait, he said pedophilia. Pedophilia is when someone prefers to have sex with children. It has nothing to do with straight or gay or whatever.
eyes.gif
, so a consenting sexual relationship between an adult and a minor is fine, just like homosexual sex, if both partners are consenting, right?

Your suggestion that a prepubescent child is on the same emotional and maturity level as an adult negates anything you have to say.

get it?

listen, if a kid goes "im gay, but i never have and never will have sex"

even in the eyes of *#+*-haters and the bible thumpers, he's all good...he hasnt had gay sex, and wont have gay sex....

so miss me with that "it has nothing to do with the gay sex"
Look dude, here is my problem with your logic. Your logic states that all is well in your book if they don't act how they are entitled to act. That to me is messed up. A minority can't function on what others deem acceptable of them. That is not right. So only hating gays that have gay sex is an admission that what you find acceptable is the way they should live their lives. Why should homosexuals not partake in something you are entitled to partake in? That is wrong dude. Only accepting gays that you find close to heterosexuals is just as bad as hating all gays in my book.
see, that's your problem. that isn't my logic, nor my point.

my point is that hatred of people due to their gender isn't the same as hatred for people due to their skin color...

while it's all hate...

there's a difference.

on top of that, when did i ever say i hated anyone?

i said i disliked ravers, which is more closely related to someone disliking gays, than someone disliking _____-colored people...

like i said, arguing just to argue, not even having a point...just trynna argue semantics...

you sir, are done.

roll.gif
@bible-thumpers hating gay people for anything OTHER than the act of homosexual intercourse...

it's cause they dress nice...

laugh.gif

No dude, I acknowledged that I didn't know if those were your feelings or not. I didn't think they were. I didn't mean it as anindictment of you.
No. Rationalizing the degree of your hate (not yours specifically...I don't know you) by the degree of how comfy you are with how someone lives their life is horribly wrong.

The ONLY thing difference between a homosexual and a heterosexual person is the way their attraction stems from. Homosexuals are the same asHeterosexuals, it's just Heteros are attracted to the opposite sex, and Homosexuals are attracted to the same sex. As far as intelligence, confidence,sense of humor, blah blah blah, we're all the same on those aspects. Gays just have problems being free in this society because of the way our societylooks down on Gays. Gays are going through the same thing black people were going through but not on such a severe level as slavery. So saying that, Idon't see how black people, or any minority group for that matter, can have a problem with gay people besides the fact that they're afraid ofgays.

Some of these holier than thou types are just quick to pull the trigger. Ain't %$$% wrong with saying "I don't approve" and then stating why. And I'm certain a lot of us, myself included, were taught certain religious beliefs that may have something to do with our reasoning. Personally, i don't think being gay is "right" per say. I think it may even be wrong. But some of these dudes just go too far. They call people names, make fun of dudes, etc. and they do it in the name of God and Christianity. The last time I checked, the God I read about loves ALL his children the same. And He'll be the one to judge us all. So he doesn't need a peanut gallery full of finger pointers who think they're doing God's work. It's just foul IMO. so if being gay is a sin, so be it. Hell, I sin everyday and so d oyou and whoever else the shoe fits. We all "live in sin", as they say about gay people. So I won't put myself in any better of a light than the next man, gay OR straight. Those of us that have faith in a higher power are all praying similar prayers of repentance. Sin is universal, regardless of what book you read and which acts get that label. Like I said, indifference is my lecture.

I feel you.
nerd.gif
Bad word usage. But yeah right now I'm in a place of "state opinion and inform in a respectful manner and keep it moving and let God do his work". I'm still working on the keep it moving because I like to get my point across and beat you over the head with it but I feel I'm doing better.

Yes we have holier than thou's out there. But so does the opposing side. I have seen many people here who do what some of us do but they are fighting for the opposite cause.
The way I see it.

Belief that homosexuality is going to corrupt the moral fibers of humanity is irrational. There is no proof of such a thing. A phobia is "a strong, irrational fear of something that poses little or no actual danger." There is no danger associated with homosexuality. FACT. Where it gets tricky is when people use the bible as their main reasoning for their opposition of homosexuality. Now you can say 'it's not irrational if my reasons for homosexuality being terrible is in the bible." I guess technically you'd be right. Your fear of homosexuality is based on something you believe to be true. The problem is that those teachings in the bible don't hold water. Religious or not, you have to look at facts. There aren't any that support the bible's views on homosexuality. Please, I am not making this a religious thing. Just stating the obvious. You can also blame it on social upbringings but that doesn't hold water either. You are your own person, make your own educated opinions.

But here is another belief of mine. If homosexuality disgusts you, like you find it repulsive, I don't think that is homophobia. That feeling isn't based on fear or some weird anxiety. That is your attitude. This is closer to racism than it is a phobia.

Fear is "keep me away from that!" Disgust is "keep that away from me."

So me thinking it is a act of sexual immorality/disgusting is close to racism?

I wasn't baiting anyone....

If your disgust is in their 'immorality' I don't think that is akin to racism. I think that is homophobia because it is irrational. I think some people have a genuine disgusts for what being homosexual entails, not by if it is moral or not. I know people who are grossed out by it yet don't think it is wrong. That isn't homophobia, that is close to racism in my opinion.

RKO2004, I wasn't trying to point that that stuff just in your direction. I was answering a question. You know that right? This doesn't need to be a thread hijacked by a me vs. you thing.

I know man
laugh.gif
. Relax. Just conversation.

I guess I would be close to racist in your opinion because the whole act to me is
tired.gif
. I mean they can live how they want but what they do still is crazy to me.

Originally Posted by SUSHI AND GRITS

The ONLY thing difference between a homosexual and a heterosexual person is the way their attraction stems from. Homosexuals are the same as Heterosexuals, it's just Heteros are attracted to the opposite sex, and Homosexuals are attracted to the same sex. .

Oh $+#%, I get it now!

The ONLY thing difference between a homosexual and a heterosexual person is the way their attraction stems from. Homosexuals are the same as Heterosexuals, it's just Heteros are attracted to the opposite sex, and Homosexuals are attracted to the same sex. .

Oh $+#%, I get it now!

Everything is crystal clear now!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by PhillyPG1

Oh $+#%, I get it now!

im attracted to a pair of men's basketball shoes...im so gay for them....

are they foamposities? You could be a foamosexual.

Originally Posted by PhillyPG1

Oh $+#%, I get it now!

im attracted to a pair of men's basketball shoes...im so gay for them....

are they foamposities? You could be a foamosexual.
Ugggh... no foamo man

Smh... Anyways props OP for this thread... And I apologize to NKtran or whatever, I def got you confused with RKO. So Enphan, a hetero person who does not havesex.. are they not hetero? Are gay people only gay when they have sex? -_-

Originally Posted by Alchemiss

Smh... Anyways props OP for this thread... And I apologize to NKtran or whatever, I def got you confused with RKO. So Enphan, a hetero person who does not have sex.. are they not hetero? Are gay people only gay when they have sex? -_-

What? Did I say something bad?

Uh, I swear!

Originally Posted by Alchemiss

Smh... Anyways props OP for this thread... And I apologize to NKtran or whatever, I def got you confused with RKO. So Enphan, a hetero person who does not have sex.. are they not hetero? Are gay people only gay when they have sex? -_-

What? Did I say something bad?

Uh, I swear!

Noo!!! It was another thread, has nothing to do with this one

Back
Top Bottom