NT, convince me "cutting the cord" is a good idea

I have a sweet deal on Directv, it's a homie/hood hookup.

Even then, I'm over it. Especially since I can't Dodger games due to the TWC situation. Only reason I'm not cutting the cord is due to HBOGo and ShoAnytime. If those two ever go independent, I am out.

Haven't paid for HBO in years. U know they stream everything.

If HBO does ever go independent they will be the only network to get my money.

Meh I like live tv, my bill is expensive but I can't imagine life without live tv. I can't sit and watch nothing be reruns I want 24/7 no commercials or nothing In between.

Works just fine for me and I'm a huge basketball fan (I watch just about every Warriors game).

-Amazon prime streaming
-HBO password from a friend (I'll just buy him a drink the 2 times a year we see each other)
-NBA league pass stream that I hook up to my tv
-HD antenna for local channels

Literally everything I need. I miss the tnt nba show and college basketball though.

I just need the pac-12 to make an app for its games

Alright so if I knew how to go about this I would cut the cord but will I still be able to watch channels like TNT, espn, etc? Also in HD?

nerd.gif
 think i may be getting in on this.

*reads up on XBMC on Amazon Fire TV*

Alright so if I knew how to go about this I would cut the cord but will I still be able to watch channels like TNT, espn, etc? Also in HD?
the channels aren't in 1080 if that's what youre asking.. Streams are in 720p

Disconnected my cable over the weekend and I haven't missed anything yet. With Arrow ending last night, I think I'm really good for now.

I mean if you aren't really big on tv...xbmc is def the best option. while the picture isn't as sharp and crisp...(with the exception of prerecorded older shows/reruns) and sometimes there can be hiccups on live tv..especially with it being behind...(aka you could be watching a game with 5 seconds left and a person with cable/sat the game would be over) and sometimes repos/streams go down or change and you have to upload update when you consider all that and free its not a bad trade-off

i watch TV all day at work and download the rest. I don't care for cable but my girl does so whatever.....

aight so i just downloaded xbmc and navi x but it seems to be getting hung up on Please Wait on navi x. anyone else have this issue?

Suberb, why do you believe that amazon fire is better than a gbox? Just copped the gbox and i love it. Willing to try something better for my other tvs.

aight so i just downloaded xbmc and navi x but it seems to be getting hung up on Please Wait on navi x. anyone else have this issue?
Navi-X servers are down. From their team:
"We're working on getting our servers upgraded as we speak, so for the next few weeks service might continue to be unreliable until upgrades are complete. They are expected to be done within one month but it might be a few weeks longer at most. Please understand that this is because of the huge amount of new visitors, our old servers simply couldn't handle."
FreeCable, IceFilms, Mashup, ProjectFreeTV, and 1Channel tho 
pimp.gif

Getting my Fire TV tomorrow so I'll sideload XBMC on that it on that.

If anyone wants to buy the FireTV for $69 from Staples, you can buy a 30 off 80 coupon from cn-usa for 5.49, just google "cn-usa staples". Codes have restrictions and expiration dates, so make sure to read it and make sure its the online one as well. They take paypal. So total out of pocket before tax is 74.59.

Are there any good music video addons for xbmc?

I just copped the amazon fire tv and put xbmc on it, powerful device!

I can confirm that XBMC can be installed on the Amazon Fire TV. I have Gotham installed and configured. Still a little buggy but for my needs its good.

Did you by chance install XMBC using a Mac? I just purchased a Fire TV in hopes of running XBMC but have only found tutorials for those with Windows PC's. I only have mac's and am starting to get worried lol.

Did you by chance install XMBC using a Mac? I just purchased a Fire TV in hopes of running XBMC but have only found tutorials for those with Windows PC's. I only have mac's and am starting to get worried lol.

Yes you can do it on a mac. I used my mac to install xbmc for ouya on my amazon fire tv, it works flawlessly.

Back
Top Bottom