NT, convince me "cutting the cord" is a good idea

believe kodi talk is restricted.

very good news - about 2 months ago Sling upgraded the server bandwidth, so streaming is super smooth now, no problems whatsoever 8)

They're also working on a mult-stream platform, they need to add the kids stations though

Only having issues with sports streaming, besides that I'm good with everything else.

Don't tell me anything about Kodi, I need legal solutions

Only having issues with sports streaming, besides that I'm good with everything else.

Don't tell me anything about Kodi, I need legal solutions

Still tough to get good quality sports through streaming, especially local sports.

I have a Nexus Player and Fire Stick in my living room, older Roku 2 and chromecast in my bedroom. Along with Netflix on my Nexus Player/TV/blu-ray player and Amazon Prime on my Fire Stick, here's what I do:

SlingTV along with their "sports package" comes to about $20 a month with the TMobile discount. That's where I watch any sports on ESPN, TNT, TBS, and soccer on BEIN and Galavision, I think.

go90 is a free android app that has a bunch of soccer, like what BEIN shows.

I use amplified HDTV antennas for local channels...here in Chicago, I watch some Bulls and Sox games on WGN, Bears games on whatever channel they're on.

MLB.TV app was free for the year for those with TMobile. Only problem is local games are blacked out, so I put the game on my laptop with a VPN and cast to Nexus Player. It's choppy sometimes. Let me know if anyone has a better solution.

You could also potentially look into NFL and/or NBA package, although that does start to get pricey.

I also borrow my family's comcast account to occasionally use the comcast app or sign into the HBO app, Showtime app, Starz app, AMC app, ESPN app, etc. I don't feel so bad since I share my netflix and amazon accounts with them.

I've found the sports on kodi to be low-quality and/or choppy, so I stick to the above for some convenience.

Last edited:
Considering I don't even watch that much TV outside of sports $20/mo. sounds pretty good. But if the sports streaming is choppy to really bad I might just stick with Dtv.

You really mad at $20/month?

Nah its that factor that in with whatever your paying for internet which is not the basic internet and it almost comes up to being pointless almost might as well get the package with Comcast. Dudes did the math before in this thread.

I heard that Playstation thing is the goods for sports

Nah its that factor that in with whatever your paying for internet which is not the basic internet and it almost comes up to being pointless almost might as well get the package with Comcast. Dudes did the math before in this thread.

What Playstation thing?

You really mad at $20/month?

Yeah, depends on who your service provider is... I've got the basic internet package for $45/month, so I'm saving a lot with just Sling on top of that, rather than the $152/month I used to pay for my cable/internet/phone bundle.

cut cable for a streaming subscription and never looked back

i dont watch much TV myself so it was easy it just depends on the person

Yeah, depends on who your service provider is... I've got the basic internet package for $45/month, so I'm saving a lot with just Sling on top of that, rather than the $152/month I used to pay for my cable/internet/phone bundle.

Yeah it def all depend on who your service provider is. See your saving a ton of money with internet and sling at only $20 a month and you can cut it off whenever you want and be mobile with it.

What I need is that Google Fiber to makes its way to Houston :x :pimp:

What Playstation thing?

PlaystationTV. I haven't tried it yet though

Last edited:

It's gonna depend on your area.

where I am TWC/Spectrum has a monoppoly on high speed internet, so I'm paying $60 for 10 or 15 mbps. The TWC package deals suck, plus they tack on all types of fees. If I added cable it would cost additional $60/month w/ fees & box rental. it's really gonna depend on your area as far as internet + cable deals. I would love to get fios double play if it was available.

also any NBA/ESPN games that show on ABC can be streamed HD through ESPNU website.

I'm looking into trying out Playstation Vue myself, one of my guys was telling me its pretty legit. Anyone heard of tried playon.tv :nerd:

If you're looking for live tv and sports I recommend trying mobdro. Works perfect for me. I even get Canada and uk tv/sports.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom