NT, convince me "cutting the cord" is a good idea

Comcast told me my internet would be $89.99 / month. Factor in getting Vue or SlingTv (the kind I wanted), I would end up paying around $120-130 a month. I got Comcast to lower my bill to $130 a month with tax, so I just stayed with it. :lol:

just realized i rarely watch any cable programming anymore. aside from live sports, i dont watch any espn "programming" that they offer :x
does anybody really watch espn for their sports coverage outside of gms when all the leagues have their own network? their nba/mlb/nfl coverage is terrible

just curious, is nfl network free during the off season? i've noticed i got that channel for the last couple months
If it ain't a live sporting event then f ESPN :lol: ... All the league networks ain't free, they probly had a free trail going on since they don't show **** in the summer anyway

just realized i rarely watch any cable programming anymore. aside from live sports, i dont watch any espn "programming" that they offer :x
does anybody really watch espn for their sports coverage outside of gms when all the leagues have their own network? their nba/mlb/nfl coverage is terrible

just curious, is nfl network free during the off season? i've noticed i got that channel for the last couple months
If it ain't a live sporting event then f ESPN :lol: ... All the league networks ain't free, they probly had a free trail going on since they don't show **** in the summer anyway

that's what i was thinking. i remember getting nbatv for a good half a season before they realized it :lol:

Comcast told me my internet would be $89.99 / month. Factor in getting Vue or SlingTv (the kind I wanted), I would end up paying around $120-130 a month. I got Comcast to lower my bill to $130 a month with tax, so I just stayed with it. :lol:

$90 a month? What speed you getting. See if they have those $39.99 or even $49.99 promotions.

$90 a month? What speed you getting. See if they have those $39.99 or even $49.99 promotions.

I have the Blast package "up to 75 mbps" and 140 channels. They have me on a deal already for $99 for everything. I plan to buy a modem to knock out the $10 / month + they waived one of their BS fees that was about $10 / month.

Overall, I'm paying about $109 + tax. With tax it gets close to $130.

Yeah my building only supports Atlantic Broadband (Miami Beach)

Im thinking of just going with their $49.99 60mbps just to have some internet.

I rarely watch TV, If I am its many of the free apps I have or on the PS4.

I just need an alternative so I can watch NFL Games / MLB Postseason games / NBA games that arent blacked out by league pass due to channel restrictions 

So I partially cut the chord only because I stay in a connected community property. But once my lease is up I'm out. But anyways bought the Amazon fire stick yesterday and put thing on there. So far so good. I don't watch much TV other than sports.

Last edited:
Internet came today to hook up my apartment..

Dude said  "no cable? you dont watch tv? for one time fee of $60, ill hook u up to 88 channels of cable. I'll do it from the outside you good."

roll.gif

I bit on the offer. 

(My 1st time in here) Wow :wow:!!!! I always thought this thread was about cutting your child's umbilical cord.

Mind blown
tim-and-eric-mind-blown.gif

Last edited:
I wanted to cut the cord...but my wife is not tech savy and don't want to deal with the constant nagging. 

Mine didn't need any convincing since she got all her shows and more. She looks at me crazy for still having PS Vue.

Side note, I really like Verizon's interface though. Alot more modern than Comcast and UVerse.

No WiFi.. Im cutting the cord of internet in the house.. I'm in the process of picking a new Internet provider since I don't want to sign another 2 years contract with Frontier..

Last edited:
Cutting the cord isn't so bad if you still have a provider login.

Apple TV with a login > *

I couldn't imagine that true cord cutting and not having access to any of that content.

Only thing keeping me from cutting the cord is live sports. The best time of the year is upon us as far as sports are concerned. All four of the pro major American sports are being played and my NCAA Football and College Hoops are a must. The minute I find a workaround to get these luxuries provided to me at a fraction of the cost... the cord is history!

^ The only reason for not cord cutting... SPORTS. That's the only thing I watch on TV besides the local news.

Pointless to have a man cave, 65 inch 4K TV and Bose 7.1 speakers to watch that weak online stream from another country which keeps cutting off.

Last edited:
Only thing keeping me from cutting the cord is live sports. The best time of the year is upon us as far as sports are concerned. All four of the pro major American sports are being played and my NCAA Football and College Hoops are a must. The minute I find a workaround to get these luxuries provided to me at a fraction of the cost... the cord is history!
Cop an antenna, use Sling, and you'll be able to watch all of this without a cable bill. I've watched just about every sporting event with sling and an antenna and no cable login. 

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom