NT DJs / Producers / Musicians

I never have a problem making the skeleton out of ill samples and such, and my drums ain't really that bad on they own, but they muddy in with the track and never sit right in the mix. When its all together, the drums either overpower the sample or the sample take the slap out the drums. Like other dudes said, it make the drums sound fake and amateur a lot of the time. I keep grindin' tho cuz the essence of what I'm doin' comes thru to a degree, but I gotta spend time this summer getting refined.

What software are you using? You need to EQ each drum track individual to get a crisp sound.  All you need to do is watch a good "HipHop Drum EQ" tutorial and you will figure out what EQs to cut out.  Watch the EQ on the Kicks n 808s. Cut all frequencies below 40hz they will,  it will clean up your bass problem.
Geeplus Appreciate it homie all that mentioned is it good for a beginner
It could be, your best bet is to go to guitar center and talk to the experts, they will work with your budget. 

What software are you using? You need to EQ each drum track individual to get a crisp sound.  All you need to do is watch a good "HipHop Drum EQ" tutorial and you will figure out what EQs to cut out.  Watch the EQ on the Kicks n 808s. Cut all frequencies below 40hz they will,  it will clean up your bass problem.
FL Studio. That's another challenge, as I play all my drums thru their mpc style plug-in which routes all drums to one track...I need to figure out how to route each pad to a different track. I haven't messed with it in a minute, but time will free up in the summer and I'll refine it. I just started doing beats this past summer, so I have a ways to go but I pick things up pretty quick when I have the time to focus.

FL Studio. That's another challenge, as I play all my drums thru their mpc style plug-in which routes all drums to one track...I need to figure out how to route each pad to a different track. I haven't messed with it in a minute, but time will free up in the summer and I'll refine it. I just started doing beats this past summer, so I have a ways to go but I pick things up pretty quick when I have the time to focus.
There you go, there is probably a tutorial on youtube just for that, so no need to figure it out 
smokin.gif

Any time i'm stumped or have a music related question i just pull up google, and the answer is almost 99% of the time already answered.

This guy using that beat I posted with the Migos Acapella.  I just sent it to him so idk when it will be finished 

Last edited:
been itching for a new piece of equipment definitely selling my mpc 5oo and maybe my asr10. The maschine mk2 is like half the price of the mpc renaissance. Has anybody worked on both or have any input on preference?

Dont get an mpc. Get that maschine breh. I haven't messed with the maschine studio and 2.0 yet but it looks dope. It you're half way decent at mixing sounds the stock drums are the only drums you'll ever need. Maschine>>>>>

been itching for a new piece of equipment definitely selling my mpc 5oo and maybe my asr10. The maschine mk2 is like half the price of the mpc renaissance. Has anybody worked on both or have any input on preference?
Had the Original Maschine, used it for about 2 years, and now i just upgraded to the Studio. Can't go wrong with Native-Instruments. Bought it from a NI intern Brand New Sealed in box for 700$ off Craigslist, couldn't pass up on the deal.

Maschine 2.0 software is WAY more user friendly! 

Had the Original Maschine, used it for about 2 years, and now i just upgraded to the Studio. Can't go wrong with Native-Instruments. Bought it from a NI intern Brand New Sealed in box for 700$ off Craigslist, couldn't pass up on the deal.

Maschine 2.0 software is WAY more user friendly! 
View media item 928659

The studio looks cold but with any change in equipment/software I jus get concerned about work flow and learning curve. Do u feel the price differential is worth biting the bullet for features in comaprison to the mk2? 700 was a come up.

The studio looks cold but with any change in equipment/software I jus get concerned about work flow and learning curve. Do u feel the price differential is worth biting the bullet for features in comaprison to the mk2? 700 was a come up.

I feel you. Took me a couple years to truly master maschine. 2.0 looks completely different than 1.8 but it still look beasty af. But if I had the dough I would cop tbh

I learned Maschine 1.8 in 2 days, and spent about 2 years on it, but i use it inside Logic, not so much in Stand-Alone. If you already got a consistent workflow i don't think the change up would affect you. I pretty much learned 2.0 the same night that i picked it up. Between Macprovideo.com and Youtube every piece of software and hardware is fully covered and explained. 

Mk2 still comes with 1.8 i believe, i had a friend pick one up last week, from Guitar Center he got home and the serials were already registered, so he returned it and they hooked him up with 2.0 for free. 

Mk2 should be fine, it would be more ideal for traveling as well, i use to carry my Mk1 on the Road with me. 

Tutorials are your best friend.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom